1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Wow – I guess we all post too much 🙂

Post # 5
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hey ladies!! Sorry I haven’t posted lately, looks like a missed a lot! we sure do post a lot 😉  DH was in a motorcycle accident on Saturday so I’ve been taking care of him the past few days. Luckily, he is totally fine with no broken bones or organs, just nasty road rash. 

@morkiemama:  wow! you’ve really gotten a ton of stuff for your little man already! I’m jealous of your organization! 

@snoie:  Congratulations on your boy!! That is so exciting!!   Sounds like he’s quite a big boy already too! 🙂

@Cariad:  I’m required by my job to get the flu shot as I work in a hospital, so I don’t really have a choice in the matter.  I agree with xtine though, and being pregnant does make you immunocompromised so we are all more susceptible to viruses and the like, and the severity is worse on the baby.  So that being said, if you don’t get the flu shot, I would just be extra vigilent about washing hands, avoiding sick people, etc.

@xtine:  What did you decide to do about the furniture? I’m the same way, i have a hard time accepting gifts from people especially if I know they are expensive. But, I guess, they wouldn’t have offered if they didn’t really want to pay for it, right? Tha’ts what I always try to tell myself when someone wants to do something nice for me.

And on a side note, I have been totally addicted to Oreo’s this week. It’s quite alamrning how many I’ve eaten in the past 4 days.  LOL….

Post # 6
2104 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Wow, the third thread already?

Snoie, congrats on your boy!

Is there anyone on here that is choosing to NOT find out? 

Post # 7
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@peaches13:  My husband and I have chosen not to find out the gender of our baby.  It’ll really be a surprise.    

@Kalamaz17:  Sorry to hear about the motorcylce accident.  Thank goodness he is not seriously injured.  

Post # 8
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

We had our 20 week ultrasound on Saturday confirming it is definately a boy.

It amazes me all of the things that they are able to see on the ultrasound. The tech zoomed in and we were able to see the four chambers of the hear and actually see the heart beating. We also got to see the baby open and close his hand!

Post # 9
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@alaydelette:  what a great picture!! congrats on baby boy!!! 

@mshoagie:  thanks, he really was very lucky.   Oooh…team green!! I wanted to be team green, but just got impatient.   What a fun surprise for you!! 

Post # 10
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@mshoagie: We talked about not finding out (more me than him), but due to recommendations from my therapist I decided it would probably really benefit me to know. I do sometimes wish I had the ability to hold out.

@alaydelette:  Isn’t it crazy how you can see each chamber moving?! I was totally in awe over this. Our little one kept putting his hand to his mouth, almost like he was trying to suck his thumb.

Post # 11
2104 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Kalamaz17:  Sorry I missed the part about your husband–glad he’s doing okay, but what a scare, I’m sure!

@mshoagie:  You’re a far more patient woman than I am.  Really, the biggest reason I have to find out at this point is naming the child, and sometimes I even question that.  We have a name for a boy, but cannot agree on a girl’s name.

@alaydelette:  Congrats on your son!

Post # 12
1705 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Been really sIck the last two days. Nasty cold. But hopefully I will be able to catch up oN the latest posts soon. 

Post # 13
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

@Kalamaz17:  I spoke to my doctor about the shot and he wasn’t an advocate – not a straight “No” but neither a “Yes”.  For every article, or evidence pro-shot, there seems to be one that tells you why it’s dangerous – it really does make decision-making really really hard.

Post # 14
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@peaches13:  we are team green till the end, it’s been really hard to not find out when given the opportunity, but I would be so upset with myself after the birth I found out now.

I definitely got the flu jab, the chances of you or your baby having an adverse reaction to it are so slim, but the damage that could be done to bubs if you contracted the flu could be huge. I’m definitely a pro vaccine mum. I was lucky with the jab tho, I didn’t get the flu after it like you are meant too. I also got the flu 2 weeks ago and if I hadn’t had the jab it would have been horrific. It doesn’t prevent you from getting the flu, it just lessens the severity (which I probably didn’t need to say :)) 

bubs has been going crazy these past few days, it wakes me at night with the kicking and rolling… Active baby, not so great at 3am. And my braxton hicks have been really bad, I’m having about 10-15 on average a day, and they are really really uncomfortable. I’m going to speak to my doc about it next week, coz I can’t imagine this being normal 🙁

Post # 15
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m currently experimenting on the baby…

I am sat at my desk with headphones on my stomach, tucked nicely into the band of my jeans and playing music.

Currently, no movement for Mozart or Def Leppard, but surprisingly Gloria Estefan – Rhythm is Gonna Get You is a hit…

EDIT: Oh heck…. The winner is MC Hammer – U Can’t Touch This – he’s inheriting his mother’s lousy taste in music – poor kid…

Post # 16
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Cariad:  haha mc hammer… Best song ever! Good baby 🙂

The topic ‘February 2013 Babies – III’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors