(Closed) February 2013 Babies – III

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 482
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Let me tell you – pestering people sure does pay off sometimes. Even if my sanity has been truly tested these past few weeks and I’ve probably wasted more time on the phone than the bill itself.

I’ve been given the run around about these “waivers” at the hospital. In my hands is one single form I signed, which is the agreement to pay the hospital whatever insurance doesn’t cover. No where does it state the specific lab it’s being sent to (like I was told it said), nor does it say anything about them sending to an out of network provider.

SO… I went ahead and called back to the lab and got a person on the phone. Told her the issue, asked if she could get me a copy of the waiver I signed. I specifically said the hospital is useless, I’ve been transfered too many times, and I just want to see it. She tells me she could send it to the doctor (which is the doctor at the testing center). I grumble and she puts me on hold to talk to someone to see what she can do. During this time I remember that one of the midwives names was on the form (the last lady told me about the referring doctor name) and had planned to ask them if they could just send it there. I figure the midwife practice owes me a favor after this whole glucose test disaster and all.

I’m all pumped waiting for her to come back. She comes back and tells me they are going to just write it off, as I have xyz insurance and they didn’t do something right. Umm what? Turns out the lady I got tonight is the one that deals with my insurance and they didn’t submit something they were supposed to. Say what? Really? Your going to write it off? I was in total shock. They are supposed to send me an itemized bill once it’s zero’ed out. I have 30 days to pay the bill, so if I don’t receive it by mid December I’ll be calling back to verify the bill has been in fact zero’ed out.

Talk about luck. I can’t believe they agreed to that. Maybe all my phone calls paid off after all.

Now, can it be Monday? I’m ready to start my week over please.

Post # 483
1812 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

View original reply
@snoie:  Brilliant!  I bet that made your day! Some extra cash freed up for the holidays is always a bonus – especially with a baby on the way.

Well, what can I say, friends and family who attended our wedding last February are now being warned to take extra “protection” unless they want to POAS in the near future.  Out of 8 friends who came, only two (who happen to be single) are not pregnant, myself am up the duff, as well as two of DH’s cousins and numerous other guests (last count 12 couples) – all these are first babies for each of the couples.  One of my friends has been unsuccesfully TTC for 6 years – IVF the full works, and last year they resigned themselves to be childless, and she just called me this morning to tell me that nothing short of a miracle happened and she’s now 3 months gone.  This girl has been my one of my best friends since I was 3, and we ALWAYS did everything together and I knew although she was happy for me that she was hurting to find out I was pregnant – so this news really has made my day.Laughingx10000000.

Post # 485
1812 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@morkiemama:  How exciting!!!!  70 days is NOTHING.  I know what you mean about the sluggishness – I would feel better if I at least showed a bit more….  I had to go to the Public Services office today and a pregnant woman demanded to go ahead of me because I can’t let a 4 month pregnant woman standing, as I’d been there for two hours already just to hand over some damn papers and she’d just waltzed in, it nearly did become the battle of the M2Bs – a narky sleep-deprived, starving woman a couple of days from starting her 3rd trimester is NOT a person to pick a fight with, regardless of your own pregnant state.  She skulked back to her corner quite quickly. 

Post # 487
1137 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Cariad:  So glad for your friend! That’s too funny about the lady. Did you make a point to tell her you were farther along? Honestly, I feel guilty even using pregnancy as an excuse (I won’t even park in a “parking for pregnant people” spot). I had a lady offer to let me go ahead at Costco and I turned it down. Sure, I’ll let you pickup what I dropped, but I don’t want to take advantage of things.

View original reply
@morkiemama:  I’ve got another shower the first weekend in January I believe. We had talked about a day but they never officially said “it’s xyz and this time”.. I was told they were sending out invites. It drives me nuts, as I need to know all this in advance for my own freaking schedule. I’ll likely have another shower with our neighborhood group (as two of us are pregnant) sometime in January as well.

Post # 488
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@snoie:  Glad that’s all settled for you!

View original reply
@Cariad:  Talk about a wonderful baby boom!  And way to stand your ground with the other prego!  🙂  Everyone is always telling me how people will let me go ahead in lines and such, and that has yet to happen.  The only nice person I met was at 5 months on the NYC subway.  Every other stranger could care less I have a huge belly.  So much for the pampering and niceness I was told I’d receive.  Of course I’m not the kind of person to ask for such accommodations either.  

View original reply
@morkiemama:  I have my first of two showers on Sunday.  My Mom is holding one for our side of the family and my friends.  I’ll have another the first weekend in January for my husband’s side.  

Post # 489
1812 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@snoie: 
View original reply
@morkiemama: Oh I did – I wouldn’t have but she was so so rude.  I said something along the lines of “Frigging congratulations, As I have been pregnant 2 months longer than you and have been here for 2 hours longer than you – so do NOT even DARE play that card with me!” She opened her mouth, closed it, opened it again – looked around and skulked off.  Haha!  I find it funny now, and if I saw the woman again I think I would actually approach her and apologise for being so aggressive, and warn her she has this to come, well if I’m in a good mood at the time anyway and she doesn’t look at me funny…

Off for my next check-up tomorrow.  Doc wants to measure everything up – whatever that means.  Probably will get teased a bit more for my very organized file I take with me each time yet again.  Then DH and I will go shopping/window-shopping for baby stuff – quite psyched if I’m honest…

Post # 490
1137 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Cariad:  It’s better to be organized than to show up every time and then leave and forget to ask something. I’m far from organized, and I cannot for the life of me remember to ask to get my pertussis vaccine until after I’ve already left. I’m hoping to remember when I go back in 2 weeks.

Is anyone else on 2 week schedules yet?

Post # 491
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@snoie:  glad that all worked out!!  That’s a big relief I’m sure

View original reply
@xstine515:  did you hear anything back from the Doctor regarding your baby’s growth yet?

View original reply
@morkiemama:  My shower is the first weekend in January.  We are having maternity pictures done in 3 weeks too. Do you have any idea what you’re going to wear yet? I am clueless!!

View original reply
@Cariad:  it’s a baby year for you!  that will be nice when it comes to having play dates and such!

Post # 494
542 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@morkiemama:  We are just going to do it at her studio. I couldn’t think of any nice outdoor locations and was worried about it being freezing!  you could always do a fitted tee under a looser cardigan. That way your belly is shown without being too snug everywhere else.

Oh and I wanted to tell you, about the Iron/constipation thing. Definitely get the Slow release Iron. It really makes a difference with preventing constipation. You can get it at pretty much any drug store/Target. I was taking that for awhile and got mine at Target. And take it with a glass of juice, Vit C is key for iron absorption!!

Post # 495
1812 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Kalamaz17:  What ideas do you have for your shoot?  I had no intentions, but I may ask DH or his cousin who is an excellent amateur photographer if she would do some for us.  You have so many cool pregnancy traditions in the US that I’m starting to get quite jealous – between the showers and shoots and everything! Laughing

Post # 496
542 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Cariad:  Well, I just love the pics with a bow/sash tied around the belly.  I also found this pic with the balloon, which I love too, but i don’t know if we can do it since we’ll be indoors. I’m sure you could recreate any of them! If you google ‘maternity pictures’ there a TON of great poses.  Sorry they’re so big!! 

balloon

Pregnancy Photo Ideas

The topic ‘February 2013 Babies – III’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors