(Closed) February 2013 Babies – IV

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Well, good news is that I passed my glucose test, got the results today. Bad news is that I got the “weight talk” from my doctor.  She Told me that I have gained all that I am allowed to gain for the entire pregnancy. Yikes!  I didn’t think I was eating that much to be honest.   Guess I just need to get back on the exercise wagon now.  Sigh….

Post # 4
2104 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Well…I’m assuming I passed my glucose test, as my doctor’s office is very “no news is good news.”  I’ll take that!

How many of you are doing 3D/4D ultrasounds?  We aren’t…Darling Husband finds them creepy.  I’m getting anxious to know what our little guy looks like, but I guess I’ll find out in about 12 weeks!

I got my doctor’s okay and registered to walk a fundraiser 5k for my school on February 2…at 37.5 weeks pregnant.  They just announced that staff members who raise $500+ in pledges will get a free day off with pay…I hope I can do it!

Post # 5
283 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hello ladies! Wow, so we have a part IV already!

@peaches13:  I wanna do a 3D/4D ultrasound, but I don’t know if our Dr’s office offers that. It would be so cool to see all the detail.

I am glad to hear of the passed gluclose tests! Mine is coming up on Tuesday, and I am not looking forward to it. At All.

I am finally feeling better to where I was able to pick up my walking and modified yoga again. It feels good, and I am also trying to not overeat and make better choices, but it is hard! I notice that I don’t feel so sluggish, so I am hoping I can keep this up.

Meanwhile, I feel like we have so much to do. So much. It seems like nothing is ready!

Post # 6
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@peaches13:  the 3D/$D scans creep me out as well – so haven’t even looked into if we can get it or not. 

@evylise:  I have to say the gluclose test really wasn’t that bad – I had to orange flavor and it was really cold when I had it and it tasted just like Orange Gatorade and best part of it – it really woke up the little one (so that is a fun positive to the test) 

I’m going for my Rhogam vaccination today – the wonders of being Rh negative and carrying a Rh positive peanut. This also marks the start of my 2 week dr’s visits – 10 weeks left (argghhhh) 

Tomorrow I’ll find out if the peanut is a Dave Matthews fan like the dad or an anti DMB kinda person like me – hope we both will survive the concert Embarassed

Post # 7
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@evylise:  Don’t stress about the glucose test. The worst part for me was just sitting and waiting (and the fact I have to redo it because of their screw up), but even my lemon lime drink wasn’t all that bad. Sure, I’d rather have something else, but in all honesty, it wasn’t the worst thing in the world. Now, if I had the orange I’d probably be really complaining, but I hate orange with a passion 🙂

Walked into the nursery this morning to look out the front windows (dogs were barking downstairs, so I wanted to check outside for something). It looks like a bomb went off in there. I’m so glad we are going to Ikea this weekend to pickup storage baskets, that way I can start organizing all these clothes.

Post # 8
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Just got to work after my Dr.’s visit.  Turns out I need to take the 3 hour glucose test.  Yay!!!!!!!  Apparently my levels were elevated, so I need a do over.  How lucky am I?  And now I have to fast.  Good news is everything else is spot on.  Weight, heart rate, belly growth…all good.  

@peaches13:  WE are not doing a 3D/4D ultrasound.  I, to, find them creepy.  Good luck with raising of donations!

Post # 9
1137 posts
Bumble bee

@mshoagie:  Just make your appointment first thing in the morning. Maybe it’s the fact I can’t eat until I’ve been up at least an hour, but the fasting wasn’t that bad. Once I downed the drink, I completely lost the whole “I’m starving” feeling.

Post # 10
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@snoie:  I got the earliest appointment possible, 8am.  Last time it was at 10 and I had oatmeal before hand.  I’m hoping the fasting helps and I pass with a C or above. 🙂

Post # 11
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@peaches13: I just realized that we have the same due date!

we actually have our 3d ultrasound on sunday. My next doctor’s appointment is on Wednesday. I have my 2nd glucose test and I will be getting my Rhogam shot.

Did anyone have an ultrasound at their 28 week appointment? I’m just curious when the next regular ultrasound will be. 

Post # 12
1137 posts
Bumble bee

@alaydelette:  I think it’ll depend on your practice, as well as what the doctor thinks. My practice only does ultrasounds at 20 weeks. I had a 7 week only for dating purposes (due to extremely irregular cycle), then opted for the NT screen. Unless they feel baby is measuring big or need to check something, I won’t be having another ultrasound.

Post # 13
2104 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@alaydelette:  Nope…I think we’re done with ultrasounds for the time being, unless they want to check baby’s size/position at the end.  I had them at 8, 12, and 20 weeks (in the office), with an additional one in the ER at 14 weeks.  Good luck with the glucose test!

@mshoagie:  Hope you pass this time around, too!  Lots of protein and avoid sugar the few days beforehand…

Post # 14
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

It’s crazy to see how things are done so differently in other parts of the world… I get a scan everytime I go to the docs, I’ve had to go every 2 weeks since I was 24 weeks because if my irritable uterus, and the doc does a 3D scan at every app too. I dont think I could go this whole pregnancy with only 1 or 2 scans.

Post # 15
154 posts
Blushing bee

Had my 3D ultrasound today, it is showing the baby measuring a week ahead of schedule. My original EDD was Feb 20th, but it is now showing Feb 14th. It will be very interesting to see when he actually arrives. We. Are getting VERY close ladies!

Post # 16
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

@Gemma83:  I get a scan at every appointment as well.

Doctor is playing hardball and wants me on the mainland from the beginning of January.  I bartered with him and after he called my friend, who is a nurse and gave her some instructions, and the promise I leave his surgery and go straight to but a blood pressure pump and call him daily with Bridal Party levels and baby activity, we can leave it until 15 Jan.  He’s also aware of Mother-In-Law and suggested that for the last two weeks, he would have no problem admitting me for some inane reason with a complicated name.  I would have the freedom to leave the hospital during the day etc, but I would sleep there.  LO is heading towards a 4kg estimated weight

Mother-In-Law is demanding that we stay with her for 3 weeks after the birth for her to “teach me”.  I am fed up of these conversations which are her attempt of putting myself and Darling Husband on the backseat of decision-makings, and am fed up of not being heard.  Darling Husband is now in charge with all discussions, and I am to just say “this is a discussion for Darling Husband and I and no one else” and walk off.  Mother-In-Law wants me to have a C-section and is trying to put pressure on me for that – I think it’s so that I am forced to stay there afterwards.  She also doesn’t think it’s a good idea fo my parents to visit after the birth as they will be carrying germs from the flight.  Seriously too much drama and my attempt at trying to not stress about the stay and be “cool” with it all have gone out the window. 

On Saturday night, DH’s nephew who is a terror of a child, with serious issues no one seems to want to deal with tried to stab my stomach with a fork.  Not playfully – but with intent to do some damage.  The kid is six and aware that is dangerous.  Everybody’s reaction? No one raised an eyebrow and not one of the parents or grandparents said anything “because they have been told to ignore his bad behaviour”  Darling Husband and I were chatised for telling him off.  There were many more incidents during the night (as well as many other times over the years we have visited) which have confirmed that the severe reservations that Darling Husband and I have are valid and we are trying to decide about allowing him around LO at all – even with adult supervision.  This is something we are going to lay on the table with the whole family, either get help or forget about having all their grandkids under the same roof at the same time.  Urghhh

The topic ‘February 2013 Babies – IV’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors