(Closed) February 2013 brides! What do you have done?!?!?!

posted 6 years ago in February 2013
Post # 4
Hostess
7561 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

Hey! This month we’re deciding on cake, hair and make-up. That’s pretty much it! What about you? 

Post # 6
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@Lepidoptera:  I think I’ve been slacking..this month my goal is to try on and pick a dress, as well as get my officiant figured out and booked.  I have two bridesmaids, and one tried on dresses yesterday, and I’m going with the other one TODAY to try on her dress.  I’m excited!!

Post # 7
349 posts
Helper bee

We have two really big things that we need to hurry up and get done this week – booking an officiant and finding a reception venue.

We were going to look at venues this weekend but I got sick 🙁 and I just keep forgetting about the officiant. I need to ring FH’s cousin because the lady who officiated her wedding works for free so, I thought I would see if she’s available first.

Later this month I will be going dress shopping with 2 of my  bridesmaids and my Mum, I am soo looking forward to finding a MOB dress.

And I have about a bajillion little DIY things to do, but I love that part so that will be easy!

Post # 8
13 posts
Newbee

February 2nd bride. Things to book this week. Meeting with ceremony guitar guy on Wednesday. Tuesday we are picking out paper for the invitations. Want to book florist, make up and hair before the end of the month.

So much to do!

Post # 9
166 posts
Blushing bee

@PrincessConsuelaBananaHammock:  I’m also starting to work on DIY stuff, and you’re right, it’s really fun!  I’m very crafty and stamp and scrapbook already, so that’s the fun and easy stuff for me.

Today’s bridesmaid dress try on went well.  She picked out a dress she liked, and both of them will be ordering their dresses (1 is out of town) by mid-October.  The sales associate told her no later than the end of of November.  I’m not having them wear the same dress…just the same material, color and length.  They are wearing a deep red color.  I’m excited!

Post # 10
217 posts
Helper bee

I have:

Bridesmaids and dresses

MOB dress and jewelry

My dress, no jewelry

Hair and makeup, photography, cake, DJ, venue, florals

Started my DIY centerpieces

Groom has a sorta suit

Honeymoon

registries

STD’s are out

Invitations have been ordered

Meeting with the officiant in Oct, and I will also be knocking out food tasting and linens at the venue since they do this all at once.  I also hope to get my jewelry and have a fitting 🙂 

Since I am out of state, I am amazed to have this much done, but I still have a ton to figure out with decorations, the groomsmen’s suits (rental or not), where we are staying before our honeymoon, teeth whitening, spray tanning, bridal gifts, guests gifts….ugh.  Just gave myself a headache lol.

Post # 11
166 posts
Blushing bee

I just tried on and ordered my dress today!  I still have no idea about jewelry for me or the bridesmaids.

@MsMarbee:  sounds like you have quite a bit done!!

Post # 12
217 posts
Helper bee

@mrsvelezzz: Ya lol…it’s a good thing, because I ordered my dress in April and it wasn’t shipped until Sep 15th.  Not sure if this is normal, or just my designer.  Since I am out of state, I also have to take huge advantage of the few weeks I get back to my hometown lol.

Post # 13
166 posts
Blushing bee

Yeah, my dress is expextend to be here in December and then I need to get it altered. I’m glad I ordered it when I did!!

Post # 14
349 posts
Helper bee

@mrsvelezzz:  Yay!! How exciting that you’ve ordered your dress!!!! Having my dress has really made me feel like it’s real; I’m actually kind of starting to feel like a real bride now!!!!

Post # 15
166 posts
Blushing bee

@PrincessConsuelaBananaHammock:  you are completely right!  I think the dress is definitely a big part of feeling like a bride in this whole wedding planning process. It feels VERY real now!

The topic ‘February 2013 brides! What do you have done?!?!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors