(Closed) February 2014 Babies- Part 3

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 17
479 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Here are my answers:

How far along are you?  4 weeks/4days

Tell us a little bit about yourself! I’m 33, DH is 34.  We live in California and we both work full-time.  I like to cook, I’m a knitter, and before getting pregnant I liked to run.  I’m guessing I’m not going to be much of a runner here shortly.

How are you feeling? Pretty good!  Just bloated and constipated, which makes me feel gross, but I’ll take it over morning sickness!

Any cravings? nope

Food aversions? nope

Will you find out the baby’s sex? We’re leaning toward Team Green

What’s your intuition? boy or a girl? Thinking it’s a boy since we had sex on the day of ovulation.

What baby things have you purchased? nothing yet!  I want to wait to see the heartbeat first!

@AstoriaK:  thanks for starting the new thread!

Post # 19
625 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@razzzzzz:  Great idea! By The Way, we  conceived on my O date two. I never heard of that that would mean a boy. Where did you learn that?

View original reply
@odynsmom:  DH is insisting on being my food taste tester to make sure I am not feeding the baby anything that would harm him/her. So if he read about not going in to the water at the beach, I am SURE I’d be sitting there next to you upset. lol. They mean well, but it’s still only the beginning. Plenty of time to get worse. lol

View original reply
@squishycupcake:  I’ll definitely be buying a bear hat as well. When DH and I got out first puppy, she looked like a little bear so thats what her nickname was. In turn I called DH Papa Bear and I’m Mama Bear. It’s only fitting that baby bear is represented as well. lol.

How far along are you? Either 4 weeks or 5 (I think 5)

Tell us a little bit about yourself!  25 (almost 26) first time mom, married to my best friend after 4 yrs of dating. Avid DIYer, Pitt bull lover and reality tv sucker.

How are you feeling? Dizzy spells, lightheadiness, sensitive nips and random stomach action. Besides that no other real symptoms

Any cravings? Light healthy stuff actually. Salads, sandwiches and fruit

Food aversions? Nothing really, but my sense of smell is off. I am not sure what smells good, what id bad and what’s in between. My mind keeps drawing blanks.

Will you find out the baby’s sex? HECK YES! I am waaaayyyy too impatient to wait and be Team Green. I know my limits. lol

What’s your intuition? boy or a girl? Of course DH is DYING for a boy, but I have a feeling its a girl.

What baby things have you purchased? Nothing yet. I think I want to wait until we are in the clear. My mom purchase 2 small teddy bears though.

Post # 20
479 posts
Helper bee

@MrsDiddles:  Under Shettles, boy sperm swim faster than female sperm, but female sperm live longer than boy sperm. So if you BD on O day, it’s more likely to result in a boy because the boy sperm swim fast and beat the female sperm to the egg. If however you BD 3 days before O, then it’s more likely to be a girl because the boy sperm will have already died by the time the egg is released. I’m not quite sure how Shettles works if you BD on -3, -2 and O like we did though.  Probably means its a toss up. 

Post # 21
625 posts
Busy bee

@razzzzzz:  Did not know that. Well DH is gonna love that! I on the other hand…. still “feel” like (and secretly hope) its going to be a girl. lol

Post # 22
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

How far along are you? Today starts week 7!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell us a little bit about yourself!  I am 29 my DH is 34. I am an 8th grade teacher and my DH does IT work for a government contractor. We have one furbaby already. We are first time parents, so all of this is new to us. 

How are you feeling? Some days I feel great some days I feel horrible. Yesterday we went to Trader Joes and I had to throw up in the bathroom I was so sick. My boobs hurt, I am bloated, and I feel the moodswings. But it is never consistent. It always comes and goes

Any cravings? Honeydew melon and pineapples. Oh my gosh they taste like heaven

Food aversions? The smell of a cooking steak turns my stomach. It is so bad, i cannot bring it close enough to my mouth to eat it.

Will you find out the baby’s sex? We want to find out but keep it a secret. My Dh does not think this is a good idea because I cannot keep secrets.

What’s your intuition? boy or a girl? I am convinced this is a girl. There is an old wives tell that says if you have bad acne you are having a girl. They say she is stealing your beauty. Well, I have acne so bad right now. Plus, we stopped having sex the day before I ovulated. 

What baby things have you purchased?Absolutly nothing, but I have a BabiesRUs wish list that is getting kind of long

Post # 23
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Yay for new roll call!!

How far along are you? 5w3d

Tell us a little bit about yourself! I’m 25, DH is 28. We have been together for almost 8 years! We just bought a house in our little beach town last year. We’re obsessed with our Boston Terrier named Scully. 

How are you feeling? i feel pretty normal so far, just bloated and tired!

Any cravings? not yet 

Food aversions? not yet 

Will you find out the baby’s sex? We will find out, my husband definitely, with out a doubt wants to know. 

What’s your intuition? boy or a girl? really no clue! Originally wanted a boy first but I really have no preference. 

What baby things have you purchased? Oops, I bought some little pants and a onesie thing at baby gap yesterday. Before I was pregnant (I am not used to saying that!) I bought two little outfits and a diaper that I’ve always loved because a local company was having a sale.  

Post # 24
31 posts
Newbee

How far along are you? 7w6d, 8 weeks tomorrow!

Tell us a little bit about yourself! I’m 33 and DH is 32. I work for a non-profit and DH is a teacher.  We are in the process of buying a house and we furbaby (cat) named Penny.

How are you feeling? I am pretty bloated and REALLY tired.  

Any cravings? Any time I actually crave something I can never really eat it so I guess no

Food aversions?  Eggs, chicken, chocolate

Will you find out the baby’s sex? We are still torn on this

What’s your intuition? boy or a girl? I think I am letting everyone’s predicitions get to me ..they all think boy so I will say boy.

What baby things have you purchased?  I haven’t really purchased anything yet, I have received some gifts already.  I want to wait until the first trimester is over.

@AstoriaK:  Thanks for starting a new thread!

View original reply
@razzzzzz:  Thanks for a new roll call!!

Post # 25
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

OMG, I just wrote out a long reply, and WB ate it! AHHHH!  OK, here we go again, although probably a little shorter because nap time is calling my name.

How far along are you? 7w3d

Tell us a little bit about yourself! I’m 30 and DH is 36. I  work for a non-profit and DH is in commercial real estate.  We are both from Houston, where we also currently live, but didn’t meet until six years ago.  We live in a townhouse with our four furbabies, two dogs and two cats.

How are you feeling? Overall, pretty good.  I’m tired a lot, and pretty bloated, but nothing I can’t handle.  Also, my stomach has gotten upset several times, but nothing compared to the MS some of you girls have had.

Any cravings? Not really

Food aversions?  Nothing really yet.  I seem to prefer not having chicken, but will if I have to.

Will you find out the baby’s sex? Definitely, we want to find out as soon as we can.  We plan on doing the blood test to find out at 12 weeks.

What’s your intuition? boy or a girl? I think boy and DH thinks girl.  Neither of us have any real reasoning though, so I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

What baby things have you purchased?  Nothing, but my mom can’t wait to start shopping, so we will probably start a little this weekend.

Post # 26
370 posts
Helper bee

How far along are you? 8 weeks exactly

Tell us a little bit about yourself! I am 29 and DH is 33. I am currently in grad school, which is a good time to get pregnant if you can time it right.  

How are you feeling? I’m OK. My symptoms come and go, although my breasts are always sore.

Any cravings? Not really. Mostly I’m just trying to find food that I can eat.

Food aversions? Sausage in tube form.

Will you find out the baby’s sex? Yes.

What’s your intuition? boy or a girl? Girl, mostly based on Jenny Renny’s prediction.

What baby things have you purchased? As mentioned above, I have bought a little bear hat and a nursing pillow.

Totally random side note: I think my sense of smell is starting to go. There is a fountain on campus that I walk by that normally smells fine, but lately I think it smells like semen. Gross. 

Post # 27
364 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

How far along are you?  7 weeks /3 days

Tell us a little bit about yourself! Both DH and I are 28.  We live in California and we both work full-time.  He’s an electrician and I work at a payroll company.  We just bought our first home–which happens to be his childhood home we bought from his parents.  We have two babies already–furbabies–that we love.  We have a 9 year old Lhasa Apso named Walker and a 2 year old chocolate Lab named Bear.  DH likes to fish and hunt and I design and make jewelry as a side business! 

How are you feeling? Pretty good!  Tired but I’m learning to deal with it.  And I don’t get sick unless my stomach is empty so I eat, eat, and eat 🙂

Any cravings?   anything I don’t cook…it’s weird.

Food aversions? same as above–my DH believes I’m trying to get out of cooking…lol

Will you find out the baby’s sex? YES

What’s your intuition? boy or a girl? Boy more than likely

What baby things have you purchased? Nada, waiting for the 12 week mark 😉

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/february-2014-babies-part-3#ixzz2XGfKPSJC

Post # 28
479 posts
Helper bee

@future_mrs_sommer:  eek!  I love Lhasa Apsos.  My parents have one and it is the cutest little thing ever.  We don’t have a dog, but I love dogs.  DH and I think we’d like our first dog to be a lab.  Also, that’s so awesome that you bought DH’s childhood home!  I imagine it will be fun for him to raise a kid there – he already knows where all the great hiding spots are! 

Post # 29
2121 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

How far along are you?       about 6 weeks

Tell us a little bit about yourself!  
Im a brit living in Monterrey, mexico and this will be my first baby! I love reading ,goign to the movies and travelling. My parents have loads of photos round the world with pics of my sister and i as small kids so im hoping ill be able to do something similar later on. I’m working as an English teacher and trying desperately to learn spanish haha

How are you feeling? Tiredness and sore boobs are my worst symptoms. I get occasional waves of nausea but nothing constant. Oh and my appetite is gone!! I feel starving, start to eat and 3  bites later I’m done

Any cravings? the other day i was dying for a kind of candy that is only available in the UK. sadly it was unfulfilled haha but my family are coming in a month so hopefully i will still want it

Food aversions? cooked celery now makes me really nauseous. which is totally unfortunate as last week i decided to prepare lots of food for the freezer and put it in *everything* along with other veg to make it healthier.  and now my lasagne tastes like celery to me =(

Will you find out the baby’s sex? definitely. i dont have the patience to wait

What’s your intuition? boy or a girl? i think its a girl, though DH is dying for a boy

What baby things have you purchased?

nothing so far, after my first ultrasound in a few weeks i might get a few clothes etc

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/february-2014-babies-part-3#ixzz2XGolIWvq

Post # 30
364 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

razzzzzz: My little lhasa apso is the cutest…look at his face!

Sorry about the huge pic…I couldn’t resize.  Anyways, he’s a cutie.  The childhood home is great.  It’s on an acre and has a barn and horse pasture.  The perfect 4 bedroom 2 bath family house! 

Post # 31
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

How far along are you? 6 weeks 2 days

Tell us a little bit about yourself!  I am an Australian living in Canada with my Canadian fiancé. We are avid skiers and outdoor people. In the process of looking for our first home to buy together!

How are you feeling? I’m good. Mild nausea the last two days.. But nothing too noteable. Bloated, sensitive/sore nipples. 

Any cravings? Not really.

Food aversions? no.. But the smell of some foods cooking isnt so good.

Will you find out the baby’s sex?  No!

What’s your intuition? boy or a girl? really not too sure.. But we would both love a girl 🙂

What baby things have you purchased? nothing yet.. Although I’d love to!

tried on some maternity pants/shorts today at Target (not to buy, just to see how they were) holy they are comfortable! Once I need to be in them.. You’ll have trouble getting me out for sure!

The topic ‘February 2014 Babies- Part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors