411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Without further ado, here’s my kid! 8w5d

Post # 470
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

11 weeks, 4 days here. Nausea and indigestion do seem to be tapering off (hope I don’t jinx this) but insomnia started 3 nights ago. Anyone else suffering insomnia and have any tips. On the up side, I don’t feel exhausted during the day but I really do miss sleep. Makes for some LONG nights.

Post # 471
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@laaiinn:  cute kid!

@Pand0ra:  sorry about the insomnia. Wish I had something helpful to say, but I have no idea.

Post # 472
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@laaiinn:  hi cute baby!

@Pand0ra:  sorry to hear about insomnia!  I hope that symptom is short lived.

I’ve been wearing my sea bands the last couple of days, and I like them.  I really didn’t have too much nausea before I was wearing them, so its hard to say the sea bands are actually helping, but at the very least its having a placebo effect on me.  I put them on in the morning when I wake up and wear them until early afternoon.  I put them back on if I start to feel queasy at any other point in the day.  The only unfortunate thing about them is that I have to wear long sleeves, or a cardigan to hide them.  Fortunately the AC in my office is turned up pretty high so I can get away with that.

Post # 473
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@laaiinn:  Hi there little bean! So glad your appointment went well.

@Pand0ra:  Insomnia is not fun. I usually go to bed around midnight and am up by 5 am then can’t fall back asleep until 7 or so when I actually have to get up for work. Try some ginger or chamomile tea before bed. Maybe those will help.

I’m hoping they’ll do an u/s on Monday. i’ve heard the Midwives don’t do one until the 20 weeks. I’m hessitant though, all the med school classes come back to haunt me. I keep thinking of every single protein that is working and helping little vampire grow. Freaky but definitely exciting. Hopefully the u/s will confirm that there’s someone growing in there and it’s not just a fluke. Kind of hard to imagine without seeing.

Post # 474
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@razzzzzz:  I wish I could try the sea bands, but I get soo hot at work there’s no way I could wear them there. I’m glad they’re helping you though, whether or not it’s placebo! Did you get a photo of your twin u/s? I would love to see it if you’re open to sharing! Totally understand if you’d prefer not to 🙂

@MrsSnarlz:  I hope you get an ultrasound! Maybe you can say you’ve had some cramping and they might check. My SIL did that. I really know what you mean about it being a fluke. It was definitely more real for me after seeing everything today! 

Post # 475
855 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@MrsLibrarian:  My doctor doesnt offer the NT scan either only the panorama and quad blood tests. I was wondering the same thing, does insurance cover it? I think Im goign to call mine today and find out…Ill post if I find out the cost otherwise.

Have any of you ladies been offered the Panorama and not the NT scan? I really really cant decide if I should do it or not. It would check for the chromosmnal abnormalities and reveal the gender in about 2 weeks which would be waaay earlier than my 20 wk ultrasound. Im 24 and dotn have any high rsk factors that I know of.. would u suggest I get the panorama blood test? what are you ladies doing? I need advice!

Post # 477
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@NewYearsEve:  I called my insurance company on Wednesday to find out if it was covered.  It is covered 100% if it is medically necessary. The ways it would be medically necessary are if you are over 35 or another scan shows something that they need to check further. I fit neither criteria.  According to my dr. the lab only charges around $150 for the test, but when I confirmed it with the nurse to make an appointment for a blood draw she told me that it would cost $795. My husband and I have decided to forgo any chromosomal testing because we would not abort if there was a problem found.  

I did read that when you have your 20 week ultrasound some of the chromosomal problems could be identified then. 

Post # 478
15 posts
Newbee

@AstoriaK:  According to my research the Panorama test is better than those two tests.  

Post # 479
592 posts
Busy bee

I counted how many times I got up to pee last night….4…4 TIMES.  I drink a lot of water throughout the day but try not to consume too much close to bed.  I went to bed at 9:30…woke up at 10:45, 12:30, 2:50, and 5AM.  I am exhausted today.  And everytime I get up my boobs hurt so bad so I literally have to hold them walking to the bathroom and back.  Lol.  Oh the joys of pregnancy.  🙂 

How many times are you ladies getting up at night?

Post # 480
855 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@AstoriaK:  Yes it is like those tests, but supposedly more accurate. Thanks for the info. I would feel better if we were getting the nt scan but thats not even offered.

@MrsLibrarian:  Thanks. I think it will depend on if our insurance will cover it or not because we definitely dont want to add on more costs.

Post # 481
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@laaiinn:  Hi baby laaiin!! So cute!

@future_mrs_sommer:  I haven’t been getting up throughout the night to pee but I have been waking up super early in the morning having to go URGENTLY. It’s always like an hour and a half before I actually have to be up so it’s so annoying because then I can’t get back to sleep. 

I am 9wks 4 days today and so far it’s been a pretty easy first trimester, with the exception of a little bit of nausea here and there, moodiness, and super sore boobs (@future_mrs_sommer:  I totally have to hold mine when I’m walking around without a bra on too…lol). However, the last three days I’ve started getting a lot more nauseous than before. It’s still tolerable, but definitely not enjoyable. I’m wondering if it will continually get worse for these last couple weeks of the first tri. I really thought I was in the clear when I hit 9 weeks with no real MS!! 

I have a question that I’ve been confused about. Does the second trimester officially begin when you hit 12 weeks? Or does it begin at 14 weeks? Just curious. 

The topic ‘February 2014 Babies- Part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors