(Closed) February 2014 Babies- Part 3

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 512
508 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@razzzzzz:  lol about the pass the bottle! And yay for seeing your babies again! ๐Ÿ˜€

For us, and this is just personal choice of course, we opted out of the NT scan and any genetic testing. Despite the fact that I am a planner. Even though I’d like to be prepared and in the know if anything showed up on the scan, I have heard far too many ‘false positive’ stories (from friends, etc). I know that is not the case for everyone. But if any markers did show up, I would not risk the amnio to further confirm anything. Another reason I didn’t opt for it is because I am still considered ‘low risk’. I think it’s a very personal decision, and something I did go back and forth on, but in the end we decided to not do it. Not to get all religious but Darling Husband said it was ‘God’s Will’. I am not sure if that helps at all, but I just wanted to give you my thoughts! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 513
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Ahh today has been a roller coaster of emotions.

I got to the OB’s office and they took me back immediatly. I explained what was happening and they decided to check me out. First, they tried to find the heartbeat and could not. I started to panic a little bit, but then I remembered that 11 weeks was still a little early hear it. Then she did a pelvic exam. She said my cervix was nice and closed so it defintly was not amniotc fluid (thank god!); however, she could still see that there was brown discharge but she could not tell where it was coming from. So, she decided to use the ultrasound machine they had in the office to take a look. When she did I began to panic more because what came up on the screen did not look like a baby (at this point it was an abdominal ultrasound). Just to be careful they sent me to radiology to get the full blown ultrasound.

I went down to radiology with a prescription in my hand. At the top of the prescription it said “STAT” in big bold letters and then at the bottom is said “threatened abortion”. I have never been so scared of one sheet of paper. When I got down their the ultrasound manager was waiting for me and took me back immediatly. Let me tell you, this lady was awesome. She could tell I was nervous, so she worked her hardest to get a picture of the baby up on the screen. When they were done the results went to my OB and she called me on the phone, while I sat in a radiology consultation room and told me everything looked great. She did not know what was causing the brown discharge but she wanted me to hold off on exercise and sex until it stopped.

Turns out everything was ok. I got to see me little bean in the process. Turns out we are measuring at 11 weeks and 4 days, 5 whole days ahead of schedule and the baby has a heart rate of 179 beats per minute!

Deep breath in…..Deep breath out….. these next 7ish months are going to drive me crazy!

Post # 514
508 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@odynsmom:  Oh yay! SO happy everything is okay. And you got to see your baby. Awesome. XO

Post # 515
429 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@odynsmom:  Phew! I am glad that everything is OK.

Post # 516
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@RoyalLime:  my friend said “caffeine and sleep.” she said her Dr said it was okay to take her migraine medicine if absolutely necessary which she did a couple times with her first pregnancy.  She said with this one, drinking a Pepsi has helped! Don’t know where you stand on caffeine but  that is what’s helped her :/

@LAZB:  we are going to a wedding in santa Barbara this weekend too! How funny. Have a great time!

@razzzzzz:  love all your good news! That’s so sweet of your Darling Husband. Don’t stress yourself out about those things! Just eat healthy and stay as active as you can. A woman’s body is capable of amazing things! I don’t know a lot about twins but I think it’s pretty common for one to be slightly larger ๐Ÿ™‚ 

As far as screenings, we decided to do the NT scan. I was on the fence but after talking with my doctor and Darling Husband, my doc explained that they mainly do the testing for knowledge, not termination(which we wouldn’t consider). She explained that if something is found, they are able to get a pediatrics team involved earlier etc. I decided I was okay with the NT because it is non-invasive and gives me another opportunity to see my baby. I don’t think I would consider an amnio or CVS testing as the risks are increased. I think it’s a very personal choice but that’s my reasoning!

@odynsmom:  wow, what a whirlwind. I would be afraid of that paper too. I’m so sorry you had to experience that, but glad to hear that baby is measuring well and has a nice strong HB. Hang in there, mama! 

Post # 517
648 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@laaiinn:  How funny, wouldn’t it be fun if it is the same couple?  I know, highly unlikely, but are the bride and groom’s initials A and F?

@odynsmom:  I’m glad everything is OK.  What a scary ordeal!

Post # 518
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@LAZB:  nope, S and T! Haha. That would have been pretty strange if it was the same couple. Maybe we’ll pass each other on the freeway ๐Ÿ˜‰

The topic ‘February 2014 Babies- Part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors