(Closed) February 2014 Babies Part 4 – Now with more gross side effects!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What is your most favorite pregnancy symptom?
    Bigger breasts : (18 votes)
    45 %
    Curvier figure : (2 votes)
    5 %
    Losing weight, even though it's not any fun : (5 votes)
    13 %
    More sleep : (15 votes)
    38 %
  • Post # 228
    529 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

@LAZB:  yeah! That’s great news!

@Pand0ra:  a boy!! I can imagine that it must feel shocking to hear that when you were expecting a girl, but I think you will find that little boys are amazing too. Congrats to you!

@future_mrs_sommer:  ugh, daycare. That’s definitely been on my mind, especially with two! 

@AstoriaK:  dang, a free PBK crib/changing table!! What a deal! I’m jealous! 

@Pand0ra: @squishycupcake: I’m a lawyer too! I’m totally freaked about suiting options. So far, I’ve been making do with my belly band. I feel like a maternity suit would be a total waste of money, so im really hoping the belly band will take me far. i was also thinking of getting a few maternity dresses and just throwing a suit jacket on top. I’m also planning to just not wear suits and hope people will cut me and my belly some slack. I mean, I’ve seen lawyers wear some pretty terrible suits – I’m sure nothing I put together will be the worst thing a judge has ever seen. 

@future_mrs_sommer:  eek! That’s scary! I’m so glad everything worked out!

@laaiinn:  good luck at your NT! and, yes hubs and I will find out the sexes. I need to get prepared! 

as for me, I’m researching twin breastfeeding, twin co-sleeping (is that even possible?),  crib/bassinet options, twin bellys (how big am I really going to get? Eek!). 

Post # 229
    213 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

Good evening, ladies! I’ve been completely MIA the last week or so because I’ve been busy moving across the country and also getting MARRIED! I am now a married woman and so happy! I’ve enjoyed finally catching up on all your posts over the last half hour or so. A lot going on since I was last here! I think it’ll be too overwhelming to reply individually to all but know I am so happy for all of you and I loved getting caught up on your news.

As for me, I’m 12 weeks 1 day today. Today we finally announced the pregnancy to all of our closest friends and the remaining family members who did not yet know. We will probably make an announcement on facebook in September once we know the sex. My next appointment is scheduled for the second week of September and I will be about 17 weeks then so I’m really hoping we’ll be able to find out the gender then! I am also totally up for joining a facebook group, as long as it’s completely private. I think that’s a fantastic idea. 

As far as symptoms, my main symptom has still been the pulling/cramping in my lower abdominal area. It really has been almost constant since my BFP. I’ve also started getting some lower back pain that travels down into my right butt check and thigh. I’m a little nervous it’s the beginning of sciatica pain so I’m planning to visit a doctor, chiro, PT, and/or massage therapist about this. Anyone have any advice to share regarding this type of pain? I’ve also started getting some mild heartburn…which is pprobably mainly my fault because I’ve been craving spicy food like crazy. I mean, I’ve been putting hot sauce or hot peppers in everything I eat. My food is just not satisfying if I don’t! haha.

Anyways, hopefully I’ll be around more frequently again now that things are settling back down for me. Have a good night everyone!!

Post # 231
    2874 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@spicyshimmer:  congratulations mrs! im finding that sipping ginger tea (chopped up ginger in hot water) has been helping with my heartburn, or sometimes just a little bicarb of soda in water. i know there are medications you can take too, but i seem to be too lazy to make it to the pharmacy haha. my friend recommended a spoonful of sugar but i havent tried it

heres an article with remedies. if the ginger stops working im going to work my way through them haha  http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2013/03/24-natural-home-remedies-for-heartburn.html

@squishycupcake:  i have pregnancy brain too. i made a salsa for my tacos as usual, put  aton on…then discovered id somehow mixed up the jalapeno chiles with the way hotter serrano ones (that i normally only use for my husband). it was so spicy i cried and had to drink milk for the next 20 mins hahaha

Post # 232
    1564 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@spicyshimmer:  Popping in to say a giant congratulations to you on your marriage!!!! Way to go, Mrs! And I guess you are putting the spicy in spicyshimmer with your hot sauce! I’m craving Mexican food all the time these days so I understand the need for some spice! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m crazy busy at work for the next couple of weeks so I won’t be around as much but I’ll try to pop in every now and then like BeyBlade1120. All is well with me. Started prenatal yoga last night and it rocks. Just wanted to recommend that if anyone is thinking about it. Just an FYI, my teacher mentioned that yoga can be really helpful for ladies who are having sciatica issues. And my due date was officially changed to 2/2!!

Post # 233
    297 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@spicyshimmer:  Congrats on becoming a Mrs! I have also been craving spicy food. I could not tolerate them before I was pregnant, but now, they taste so good. The level of spice I can handle has surpassed the level my husband can tolerate, and that is impressive. I had sciatica before I got pregnant, on both sides. I fianlly got it to go away about a month before we conceived. Now, I am petrified that it will come back and be worse. That is a pain I would gladly avoid.

@squishycupcake:  If it makes you feel better, about a week and a half ago, I locked my dog in the car while at Petsmart. Because of baby brain, I put the key in my purse, which went into the car, and the car locked itself. Luckly, the nice people at petsmart helped me out, they called the cops for me. By the time the cops got there I was a crying mess (thanks pregnancy hormones). I was so embarassed the only person I told was Darling Husband. He however thought it was hilarious and told everyone fia facebook.

Post # 234
    328 posts
    Helper bee

@razzzzzz:  My experience is that a Judge will cut you quite a bit of slack (re: clothing) when you are pregnant. Especially, if the Judge is a female. I too have seen some pretty bad clothing choices in court by attorneys with no pregnancy related clothing “excuse” but I typically write it off to the fact that I work in criminal court where defendant’s show up looking like they just got out of bed. Pairing a dress or stretchy skirt with a suit jacket should work just fine. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 235
    655 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

@spicyshimmer:  congrats on the wedding!

@AstoriaK:  I’m thinking of looking into prenatal yoga classes, glad you like yours!

@squishycupcake:  oh yes, I feel like I’ve had pregnancy brain from very early on.  It’s incredible how I foget certain words.  My husband just laughs and says that he likes it because now I’m more on his level ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 236
    1564 posts
    Bumble bee

@LAZB:  You will love it if you decide to go for it! It was really relaxing and just made me feel really connected to myself.

14w4d

I’m a bad, bad procrastinator and don’t feel much like working right now…. Ladies, we have names!!! The other night Darling Husband and I talked about all of our names and decided on two first and middle names for each gender that we will take to the hospital. I’m very very happy that we finally whittled the choices down and I love our potential names. I’ll share when we have our Facebook group because I’m still afraid of someone finding me here and we are planning to keep our names a secret until baby is born. Ok, back to work. Hope everyone is well!!

Post # 237
    2874 posts
    Sugar bee

@laaiinn:  Good luck for your scan today and going public!

Post # 238
    655 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

13w2d

It’s a BOY!!!!!  We are soooooo excited!  I called in last night for the results of my gender bloodwork, and thought for sure it would be too early, but they had the results! 

Post # 239
    1564 posts
    Bumble bee

@LAZB:  YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Boy!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 240
    297 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@AstoriaK:  We have boys name picked out an ready to go. Girl names, not so much. We cannot agree on anything.

@LAZB:  WooHoo for the boy! I cannot wait to find out. You ladies are making me antsy!

Post # 241
    2874 posts
    Sugar bee

oh god im really nervous about today. U/S isnt for another 5-6 hours and im so paranoid after reading about all the missed miscarriages on the bee and other baby forums. I feel like if we get through today everything will be fine. Has been a month since the last one, a veryyy long month. Fingers crossed everything is happy and healthy please!

@LAZB:  congrats!! I am going to have to find out if it’s possible for me to find out soon, i am DYING to know. and dying to go shopping!! i don’t know how team green couples manage it!!

@AstoriaK:  woohoo!! i think we have names too. Darling Husband wants to name a boy after himself (v common here in mexico) and i’ve chosen a girls name. Im v excited about this fb group where we can talk about this stuff!

The topic ‘February 2014 Babies Part 4 – Now with more gross side effects!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors