(Closed) February 2014 Babies Part 4 – Now with more gross side effects!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What is your most favorite pregnancy symptom?
    Bigger breasts : (18 votes)
    45 %
    Curvier figure : (2 votes)
    5 %
    Losing weight, even though it's not any fun : (5 votes)
    13 %
    More sleep : (15 votes)
    38 %
  • Post # 482
    297 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@razzzzzz:  I am starving all the time, yet I always feel so full. I eat a few bites and can not handle anymore. but like 20 minutes later, I am starving again. I feel like I have never been this hungry in my entire life. I feel like instead of meals I am constantly snacking. It has become so bad that in the middle of a class I have to crack open a bag of carrots or I am going to die, but 2 carrots later and I am done.

@MrsDiddles:  I know how you feel about the gender reveal party. I heard the same thing you did about the baby shower. If you reveal the gender you are most likely to get clothes and not the stuff you need. I am in a weird position. We want to keep the gender a secret, but we invited our parents to the 3d/4d ultraound on saturday (OMG I am so excited about this!!!!). I was hoping we could ask them to keep it a secret as well but my Father-In-Law has proven he is not to good with keeping secrets. Oh well. Or do you think i could tell the untrasound tech to only tell us?

Post # 483
    592 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

17 weeks today….

Feeling okay overall.  It’s been a rough few days.  Our two year old chocolate lab had to have emergency surgery on Friday night because he had eaten a tennis ball and it was stuck in his intestines.  He had 20cm of his intestines removed which meant his survival chances were low.  He’s been pretty sick the last few days and they don’t think the surgery was successful.  We went to the vet on Sunday night to put him down and the doctor encouraged us to keep him a little longer.  It’s been an emotional rollercoaster.  We’ve had to care for him 24/7, give him under the skin IVs, antibiotic injections, etc.  I’m not sure what the next few days will be like but I know I have to start taking better care of myself and my baby boy.  I haven’t slept much, ate much, or drank enough fluids and I’m just feeling very off.  Sorry for the vent ladies!

Post # 484
    937 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@odynsmom:  I definitely think that if you tell teh sonogram tech to keep a secret and he/she should be able to. The only thing is, what if they “accident” get a flash of LO’s private parts. Your parents might figure it out on their own. Darling Husband and I are requesting the tech to warn us before she goes down there so we don’t look and then write down the gender for us to open later. It’s important to us to find out on our own. Just he and I. :o)

@future_mrs_sommer:  I cannot even imagine the stress and emotions you are going through. To be afriad for your dog before and during the surgery, to having to prepare yourself to put him down, only to turn around and care for him not knowing the outcome. I’m so sorry. I have 3 dogs myself and those furry butts are my children. I hope everything works out for the best and your little fur baby pulls through like a champ. 

Post # 485
    592 posts
    Busy bee

MrsDiddlesThank you, you are too sweet.  It’s been emotional to say the least.  It’s harder because he’s so young.  Of course, it’d be hard regardless of his age, but it does definitely bother us.

Post # 486
    1564 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@future_mrs_sommer:  I’m so sorry for what you are going through with your poor dog! What horrible stress and worry. Thinking of you and your Darling Husband and your furbaby!

Post # 487
    2874 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

i reached for the wrong bottle of painkillers, instead of just paracetamol it was paracetamol mixed with aspirin. it should be ok as a one off right? or should i ask doctor just to be on safe side?

@future_mrs_sommer:  im sorry your dog is sick, its really stressful when they arent well. hope he gets better soon!

@odynsmom:  it might be obvious if the baby clearly has a penis (less obvious if baby a girl) so keeping it secret depends on the sex and how observant they are. you could try to impress apon them how important it is to keep a secret?!

Post # 488
    650 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

@future_mrs_sommer:  sorry about your dog, that is such a tough thing to deal with.  I have gone through similar stuff with one of my dogs who is a lot older, but in good health other than whatever his emergency is.  I know it is tough, and I hope your dog pulls through.

@newname_99:  I don’t know what kind of medicine that is, but I would probably call the doctor just in case.

Post # 490
    529 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

@future_mrs_sommer:  oh my!  I’m so sorry to hear this!  My heart goes out to you and Darling Husband.  Really hoping your little pup is feeling better.  🙁  Hang tight!  

@squishycupcake:  good idea about the new thread.  Should we have a new Roll Call for the new thread?  Anyone have any good ideas for new questions?

Post # 492
    592 posts
    Busy bee

Thank you all for your kind words 🙂

The topic ‘February 2014 Babies Part 4 – Now with more gross side effects!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors