(Closed) February 2014 Babies – part 5 Safely into Second Tri!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Have you felt movement yet?

Yes!

Nope!

Not sure....

• Post # 32
    2195 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2017

Also! I get to go have a free ultrasound at a clinic (not my doctor) They needed someone who was 13-16 weeks and there will be a tour at the clinic to watch lol, but I get a free one! So I’m doing that next Thursday and am going to try to talk them into telling me what we’re having! So send vibes/etc my way they can see.
    Otherwise I have to wait until Oct 10th and I don’t think I can do it.

Post # 33
    15 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
    @RoyalLime:  I had spotting during weeks 6-7.5. Another possiblity is a yeast infection.  I had no other symptoms except for the bleeding. Dr. told me to use a monistat pack and abstain from intercourse for 2 weeks and sure enough the bleeding stopped. So not sure if it was the infection or intercourse, but I haven’t bled since. Even after reading and being told by so many that bleeding can be normal, it is so scary!

Post # 34
    15 posts
    Newbee

Due Date: 2/14/14

Gender (if known): We find out 9/17

How far along are you and what kind of movement are you getting, if any: I think I felt something last Friday, but haven’t felt it since.

Are you planning to get maternity photos: No. Most likely my wedding photographer (who is really an infant/kid photographer) will do them or my husband will take infant pics.

What are you currently researching: Strollers, carriers, budgeting info

What are you loving about pregnancy right now: Everything except the weight gain.

Most Recent Bump Photo: Will probably share on the FB group page

Post # 35
    1178 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
    @RoyalLime:  December mama lurkin! a lot of our mamas had some random spotting throughout early weeks like that. also, bowel movements… if you strain a little or have been constipated… that can irritate the cervix! definitely keep an eye on it and if you get cramping I would give a call to the doc!

Post # 36
    4282 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @gpsp2B:  I LOVE you for stopping by!!! The spotting happened both times after hard bowel movements!!! I ahve always had issues, I have been drinking DanActive daily to help as well.

Post # 37
    1178 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

View original reply
    @RoyalLime:  Sounds totally normal then! ๐Ÿ™‚ Bridesmaid or Best Man and sex are two of the biggest things to randomly spot for! I’ve been lucky enough to not get scared by any spotting but many many girls on the boards have! Sounds like you have no worries! I was bleeding once and it was the morning after we DTD and it freaked me out.. I did some standing over a mirror to investigate, Too Much Information sorry, lol but I found out I somehow cut myself.. AWKWARD! I could see the cut clear as day though! No worries! :]

Post # 38
    429 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @PixelMePretty:  Here’s hoping they tell you the gender!

View original reply
    @jny1179:  Happy to hear that you’re actively TTC! Dreaming of dark pink lines for you.

Post # 39
    4282 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @gpsp2B:  Thanks lady!

Post # 40
    2195 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
    @RoyalLime:  I had spotting from week 6 (I freaked out and went to the ER)  and I still get it once in awhile after sex, or when I would normally have my period. It’s really common, it was really scary though before I knew that!

Post # 41
    738 posts
    Busy bee

Due Date: February 8th

Gender (if known): We’ll hopefully find out on Monday! Let’s hope baby isn’t shy. ๐Ÿ™‚

How far along are you and what kind of movement are you getting, if any: I’m going on 18 weeks. I’ve felt some funny flutters, as well as just mild discomfort right before my belly grows.

Are you planning to get maternity photos: Not likely.

What are you currently researching: For me it’s been nursery ideas, and Christening gowns. Just the fun stuff. I also like to see what’s happening at each week.

What are you loving about pregnancy right now: How excited my husband is. ๐Ÿ™‚

Most Recent Bump Photo:I took this yesterday, I don’t think the angle shows my true size. I think I’m a little bigger.

Post # 42
    937 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Roll Call:

Due DateFebruary 25th

Gender (if known): At our appt yesterday the tech says she is 75% leaning towards saying boy, but it may still be too early. I’m kinda hoping she is wrong. I want to be Team Pink soooo badly. DH is happy because he “always knew it would be a boy.” But i guess we’ll see on the 17th for our next appt.

How far along are you and what kind of movement are you getting, if any:  15wk 3d

Are you planning to get maternity photos: Yes. I want to do a black and white photoshoot. I think it would be so pretty and classic

What are you currently researching: Baby names. I am still not 100% on board with the name DH like or even our compromise name if it is a boy. And since there is a 75% chance it may be, I think i need to pick up my search. lol

What are you loving about pregnancy right now: So far it SEEMS easier than expected. I lucked out and had minimal nausea. 

Most Recent Bump Photo: Have not taken one for the week. Will post when I do. 

Post # 43
    12244 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

Due Date
    2/13/14

Gender (if known): Team PINK (WHAAAT WOAH!)

How far along are you and what kind of movement are you getting, if any: 
    I felt one REALLY strong kick somewhere in week 14, and two or three REALLY strong kicks in week 15. (It literally felt like someone was poking me in the uterus!) We found out the sex at 16+1, and I felt her three times that day! I’ve felt her move 4-5 times a day since then, and am now at 17+1!

My Mom likes to say she’s trying to help me run the half marathon we’re doing next Sunday!

Are you planning to get maternity photos: Probably not! But I’d like to get some good ones when I finally do get a bump!

What are you currently researching: Natural birth! And hospital interventions.

What are you loving about pregnancy right now: How GREAT I feel! I’m eating (90%) clean, getting TONS of exercise, and every time I start to worry about the baby, she kicks the hell out of me and lets me know how big and strong she is! Literally, there’s no way I can have a pregnancy this good twice. So I have to enjoy it now!

Most Recent Bump Photo:
    I actually haven’t taken ANY bump photos–I still look like I ate a big dinner.

Post # 44
    1564 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @MrsDiddles:  Good to research now and come armed with alternatives! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m sure you will both find a name you love!

View original reply
    @BrandNewBride:  Awww so nice to hear that you are feeling great and feeling the movement is the coolest thing in the world. Baby moves a couple times a day that I can feel and I just am so happy when it happens! It’s all worth it for those moments!

Post # 45
    429 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

ZOMG, my child.

I went in to the hospital today for my anatomy ultrasound. I’m 18w3d, which is a bit early for the scan, but totally doable. The tech was able to get a bunch of measurements, but the kiddo was in a position that prevented them from getting everything, including the sex. I have to go back, and since I have to be careful about how much time I am taking off from my internship, I’m not returning for two weeks.

Aaaaaaaggh! At least this kid is clearly related to us — we’re both very stubborn.

The topic ‘February 2014 Babies – part 5 Safely into Second Tri!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors