(Closed) February 2014 Brides… How's planning going?

posted 5 years ago in February 2014
Post # 3
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I have venue booked, and they are the caterers.  I have contacted an officiant and will probably book her.  I have a contract for a photographer.

Colors are purple, lavender, apple green and ivory.

I have been buying a few crafty things, it is what I do, and thinking about things like that. Probably going with artificial flowers.  Thinking about things like centerpieces, wedding arch. I know I have lots of time, but I kind of wanted to go with what is around at this time of year, so I figured I should look now.

I have a dress, it will arrive on Friday or Saturday, yeah, I bought a pre-owned new with tags dress, so that is very exciting.  I feel like I needed my dress to kind of help set the mood/theme.  Oh and I have my shoes.

My daughter is my only bridesmaid, we won’t decide on her dress until late in the year.  Her Grandma is going to make that.  My son will also stand up, he will have a vest and tie of the same material as bridesmaid dress. Possibly Fiance will as well, depending on what he wants.

I have a general idea of guest list, needed to figure out size in order to decide on the venue.

Interestingly I called a fairly local cake shop and was told that we aren’t too early and Saturday tastings are already booked out to August!!  I think we will wait a bit and go during the week.  

I plan to have dinner at our venue a few times over the next few months to try the different  menu options, I would rather do that than have a tasting, too much to decide all at once with a tasting, and I like to see presentation as well.  FI may have other ideas on this.

Post # 5
175 posts
Blushing bee

@BHB0526:  It does feel far away. I am always busier during the summer and really busy in the fall, so the less running around I have to do at that time, the better for me.  I don’t feel weird getting stuff crossed off.

I don’t think we are going to have any video or DJ or hired music so that makes a few less things I need to do. 

Yesterday I bought what I thought was 2 colors of purple paper to work on a craft, and then I bought extra figuring I would use for things like table numbers, Menu card backs, that stuff.  Got home and discovered one set of sheets is actually blue. Stupid fluorscent lights in the store.  Oh and there seems to be no such thing as ivory paper, at least not where I was, cream (quite yellow) or white.

Post # 7
1935 posts
Buzzing bee

Yay for February 2014 brides! I feel better about our progess after hearing what you ladies have done – I keep hearing that the wedding will come up faster than we know it!

I have my venue booked, and they also do the catering. We found the venue through our wedding planner, who is absolutely fantastic and essential in my eyes, since we’re planning from a distance. I also bought my dress the other weekend. It’s taking 9 months to come in, though!

Next up on our plate is we’re heading up to meet with photographers, DJs, florists, and hair and makeup artists. I only have 2 bridesmaids, so hopefully dress shopping will be easy.

According to our planner, we’re right on track at the moment. Phew!

Post # 8
175 posts
Blushing bee

@BHB0526:  Your scrapbook is a great idea, I love it.  I am not having any dancing or such so I need a few distractions.

Maybe I should do something like that (if you don’t mind my stealing your idea).  I also thought about having old photos, from when we were kids possibly and for sure the wedding photos from our parents.  This is a second wedding for both of us, and we are both in our 40s so a little taste of history might be fun. 

Post # 10
175 posts
Blushing bee

@BHB0526:   Just display a picture of her in her wedding dress, or a picture of grandparents in wedding attire if you have it.  If she is comfortable with it, that is.  since you don’t have a lot of historical pictures of you little I would focus on more current.  You don’t want to spend the reception talking about your house burning when you were 7. 

You could do a slide show on a computer or a digital picture frame, then you could add photos from over the next year as well.  I think that would be really fun too.

Post # 11
304 posts
Helper bee

Venue booked, Save The Dates in the Mail, bridal party organized! Dress shopping will begin and hopefully end next month. Everything has been smooth so far. 

Post # 12
470 posts
Helper bee

Hmm … Planning …

Every vendor I talk to makes it seem like they’re doing me a favour that they’re “luckily” available for my date even though it’s pretty much still a year away!

Every vendor except for florists … But the florists in my area seem to typically book only one wedding a day around Valentine’s day, so right now that’s what I’m trying to book! I’m also trying to get a day-of coordinator lined up soon.

The big ticket items I have already are the church, priest, reception venue (also the caterer), DJ, photo booth, photographer.

I plan on having my dress by the end of April, then the bridesmaids all sorted by the end of June. Fingers crossed!

The little things I’ve already found are the card box and cake topper.

I sent my save the dates out in February, but only to those who need to fly across an ocean to come to our wedding.

Post # 13
603 posts
Busy bee

I’m reviving this thread for a 7 month check in! How is everyone doing?

I’ve picked up my dress (yay!), and I think we’re close to picking out the dress for my BMs. Flowers, church, reception venue, DJ, Hair & Make up have all been booked. 

Things left to do: 

• Order the rest of the supplies for the invitations, design, and start assembling invites by August/September to send out by mid-November
  • Order Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and try to remember to get color swatch
  • Pick out tuxes for Fiance and GMs and fathers
  • Start alterations process (hopefully the one I’ve picked out is good. Anyone else ever work with Becky Fowler?)

All that should take me until October/November where I’ll start with the seating charts and playing around with centerpiece ideas. I hope I’m not missing anything!

Post # 14
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I can’t believe its only 7 months away now!

We have ceremony space, reception venue/catering, officiant, photographer, photobooth, limo, and DJ all lined up and booked. I have ordered my dress, the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and we bought my fiancé a suit. We plan to take the groomsmen and ringbearer this fall to buy/rent suits. I ordered tablecloths and napkins online in bulk since it is way cheaper than renting. I found a florist and will be doing the centerpieces since we have all week ahead to set up the reception venue. I know we will be doing shuttles for guests so I just need to give them final numbers/locations. Invitations are being printed currently, then I will do the envelopes so they’re ready to send out later this year. We have engagement photos booked in a month. We still have to pick ceremony music and organize processional/recessional stuff. I have no idea how/who will be walking down the aisle. Not too many big things left to do! 

Oooh and I attempted to book my favorite cupcake bakery to do our cake but we just had a major flood in our city and their head office was in the flood path… so I am being patient waiting to hear back from them! 

The topic ‘February 2014 Brides… How's planning going?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors