View original reply
jny1179:  this is so cool

Post # 422
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
jny1179:  oh your room is sooo cute!!!

yes ladies I too have been having the crampy legs 🙁 soooo bad to wake up to in the middle of the night. I have to say I made it through mexico without getting the dreaded travellers “issues” lol. I think half the issue with ppl getting bathroom issues is the alcohol consumption combined with the sugary drinks! Poor Darling Husband got an ear infection and was on antibiotics the whole time…(after the 1st day) so he wasnt really drinking too much either.

I cant believe its the 3rd trimester already…ahhhhh! 28 weeks this week. I have my appt for the rhogam shot on friday I think …so not sure what to expect there. I dont think there’s much to happen though besides some arm pain.

View original reply
themeanreds:  argh….were waiting for ikea to get more stock of the gonatt… thats the one we’re supposed to be getting too, its awesome.

Post # 423
460 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I found out today I failed the 1 hour glucose test I took last week 🙁 I have to take the 3 hour test next week. Anyone else not pass? I’ve exercised and eaten mostly healthy the entire pregnancy, so I was very surprised. I also don’t fit any of the traditional risk factor groups.

Post # 424
201 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Bride2BeeVA28:  That sucks! I took mine last week and my number was 89, which according to the scale on the results is within the standard range of 79 to 99, so I think I’m OK??? I was expecting a not good result because I started the pregnancy overweight and diabetes runs in my family and two of my aunts had gestational diabetes during their pregnancies. The first glucose test I took early on in the pregnancy was 2 points over the normal, so I definitely did make an effort to cut out the unhealthy/sugary crap since then. I walk as much as I can, although lately not as much. Hopefully your next test will come out better!!

@shanbp: We ended up getting the light grey color even though I was thinking more of getting it in white (and changing out the bottom knobs). But they were all out of white. I’m liking the grey though and that was already a color within our color scheme anyways. None of our furniture matches – crib is light grey, changing table/dresser will be a darker grey, armoire will be white, and rocking chair is a regular wooden tone. And we have this antique wooden classroom desk and chair that I’m thinking of painting a coral red – our colors are light aqua, grey, white and coral red. I hope my baby likes color!!!

Post # 425
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
Bride2BeeVA28:  Ahh bummer! Hopefully it was just a false positive! My midwife told me to go early in the morning before I ate anything to decrease the chances of a false positive. Did you go in the morning on an empty stomach? Good luck with the 3 hour!

11 weeks to go! Back pain is getting worse and I can feel the weight of my stomach a lot more now :/ Andddd I don’t feel like doing anything ever haha. I need to get moving, so much to do!

Post # 426
460 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
themeanreds:  My number was 155. I was seriously shocked. I eat healthy, I exercise, I’ve never smoked, and I started out the pregnancy underweight.

View original reply
Kathers01:  I took my 1 hour test around 2pm in the afternoon. The only instructions I had were to not eat white carbs. I didn’t eat any carbs that day because I was so worried about a false positive. I had scrambled eggs for breakfast, almonds for a snack, and chicken breast over salad for lunch with a teaspoon of peanut butter afterwards. I thought I was in the clear!

The 3 hour test has to be done first thing in the morning after fasting for 12 hours, so that will eliminate the possibility of a false positive. I did read that low vitamin D is linked to gestational diabetes, and since I’ve had low vitamin D this entire pregnancy, I guess it is possible for me to actually have it.

Post # 427
2470 posts
Buzzing bee

Bride2BeeVA28:  oh no!! I took mine 2 weeks ago before we left for mexico and I havent got any VM from the doctors office (they said they’d call if something was wrong) so I’m assuming I passed. I do have an appt on friday though for my rhogam shot so I guess I’ll find out lol.

themeanreds:  ya I dont mind the grey but the walls are sort of a deeper grey and all the other furniture we have is white so my Darling Husband is pretty bent on the white lol (he’s a bit OCD for symmetry haha). I’m going to paint the nobs so they arnt the blue, red, yellow though as you were saying. I want to have pops of colour as well, so far I’ve got some purples in there and a few neutral things. 

Kathers01:  +1000…. MAN Im starting to feel the weight too… Im hobbling around like an old women and really Im not “that big” for 7 months. (or whatever we’re considered now lol) In weeks we’re 7 months. I REALLY need to get moving too… I feel so sluggish and I know Im going to regret it if I dont start adding more activity. I was doing ok a few weeks ago and now I just wanna lay down.

Post # 428
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
shanbp:  I know I am so sad I lost my second trimeter energy kick! I was doing so well haha. I really need to work on my registry since invites are going out this weekend. I guess I’ll focus on that during this 4 day weekend 🙂

Post # 429
143 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Bride2BeeVA28:  While I waited on my results I found myself looking stuff up on the intenet and read that false positives for the 1 hour test are actually pretty common.  Good luck with the 3 hour test. I hope it all turns out well!

I hope everyone that celebrates it had a good Thanksgiving!

Does anyone else feel like their mind is in “early preganancy” but their body is in late pregnancy?  I’m not sure if that makes sense but sometimes I still can’t believe I only have about 2.5 months left! My mind feels like it’s still so early so I push my limits physically or try to do things (simple things like tie my shoes or shave my legs) and my body is like…”woah now, hold on! I’m not up for this!”  haha.  I felt like a train hit me the day after Thanksgiving. I was on my feet all day cooking and even had to sit down during the middle of the day and drink some water because I was getting some major cramps.  I don’t know, it’s weird. Curious how yall are feeling. I’m trying to find the balance between staying active so that I don’t become some lazy bum who’s super sore and stiff all the time but also not being SO active that I’m stiff and sore because I was moving too much. blah.

We have our 3d/4d ultrasound tomorrow morning! I really hope this little bug shows her face.  She is sooooooo squirmy and moves all over the place. I’m hoping they can get some good shots.

Hope everyone has a good weeekend!

Post # 430
2470 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
MrsDecember2012:  yyyyup. Just today I stopped into the mall after I had my doctors appt and (granted I did get some stuff that added up to be heavy) but when I was done and walking out to the car I had to stop at the closest bench to the door and rest for a few minutes lol.

I dont know if its just coincidence but I find Im starting to swell now (in my legs mostly) and I feel like I need to get moving :s  My feet and back hurt from the trip today and I was thinking I should get on the treadmill but now Im like…hmmmm…..a nice bath sounds great haha. I think I might do that.

Good news though. I passed my gest diabetes test whoo hoo….and dont seem to be having any weird affects from my RH shot. They made me sit there for 15 minutes after. I DO seem to be having stomach issues this week….since maybe monday? I’ve been having …well…. a bit of diarrhea 🙁 Im like really? ….its not severe/constant and Im not worried about becoming dehydrated…. its usually just a little once a day, but I get that bad cramp like OMG BATHROOM NOW NOW NOW. No idea where its coming from. UGH seriously.

Post # 431
460 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MrsDecember2012:  Thank you! I would be so relieved if the 1 hour test ended up being a false positive.

And yes, I’m feeling what you described. I sometimes forget how far along I am and I think I can do everything I did before without feeling exhausted. In a two week period I swear I went from “oh this isn’t so bad” to “this is the most uncomfortable/exhausted I’ve ever felt in my life.”

Post # 432
143 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Bride2BeeVA28:  it’s pretty surreal how fast our bodies are changing. One week I can do something With no problem (like shave my legs) and the next, I’m asking my husband to come help me  After telling my doctor yesterday what my typical day looks like, he told me I need to take it easy and stop being on my feet so Much! 

also, can someone please make all of these sales stop!!!! I went crazy over the weekend buying baby clothes and we haven’t even had either of our showers yet!?! with Black Friday AND the after Christmas sales…I could get into some serious trouble :0

Post # 433
2470 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
MrsDecember2012:  lol ya… I’ve been having issues bending over lately. Just yesterday I was with Darling Husband at canadian tire and he was picking out some new windshield wipers and dropped one on the floor. I went to go bend down and I was like uh oh…I cant grab that lol.

Post # 434
806 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

HI all…..had my 28 week appt today.  Drank the glucose sugar monster at home, and when I got there they checked me in for my appt…..nurse was new and didn’t see on my chart that I didn’t want to know my weight unless they were worried.  Well, I got on the scale and she called my weight out in the hallway for F&ck sakes!  I burst into tears – its shocking to not know/hear your weight for 6+ months and then find out you weren’t even close to what you thought you weighed.  It was awful. I was happy in ignorance, and actually thought I was a cute preggo.  Now…not so much. 

We then had our ultrasound to check baby’s kidneys…they look the same, still with fluid.  So, we wait.  Still not a big deal, and he’s healthy and kicking around in there so I’m glad.  We tried to get a 3D picture and he hid!  It was cute.

Overall, just a bummer day.  :/

The topic ‘February 2015 Babies Part TWO’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors