(Closed) February 2015 Brides!

posted 7 years ago in February 2015
Post # 16
17 posts
Newbee

Ours is February 21st!! I just got my dress today, venue is booked, made a lot of my center pieces, looked at flowers, still have so much to go though!!! What are your colors?

Post # 17
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Feb 22 here! (We just got engaged in April.)

I ordered my dress last week, venue is booked, photographer is booked, guest list complete, meeting with a third florist this week, and still feel like there is so much to do and not enough time…..

Post # 18
305 posts
Helper bee

Feb 14th!

Congratulation to all Febr Brides on setting the date! Isnt it so exciting!?

Post # 19
7 posts
Newbee

Another Valentine’s Day bride here, yay!  I’m excited, we are getting married at my parent’s winery in front of the wood burning stove under a covered pavilion downstairs from the covered deck. It will be after sunset since they close at 6pm that night. Lots of diy, candles, and treats and wine of course!  We want to really make it a romantic night for our family and friends.  With lots of take home treats. I can and make soap and am baking our cupcakes and decorating them. I have to stop finding neat favor ideas!!!  We just want to show gratitude and celebrate love and life, since we both have been through serious health issues and I still have a heart issue. I also lost my best friend and grandma one week apart year before last. So we are all ready to do something joyous!

Post # 20
81 posts
Worker bee

Another Valentine’s day bride here as well!  Can you all believe it is only 6 months away!!! I have planned and booked all the big things and now just have to figure out all the little details!! So much goes into a wedding – it is crazy! But I know it will all come together and be a beautiful day! 

Are you other 2/14/15 brides doing a valentine’s theme, or no? 

Any one else have a wicked hard time finding a venue that actually had decent winter decor and winter food/beverage options?

It took me a while but I found the PERFECT winter venue! We are getting married in front of a giant fireplace – the venue has lots of sleighs around the outside (visible from inside) with winter decor, christmas-y lights, etc. They have an entire fall/winter menu with seasonal options (like apple pecan stuffing, cider, etc), and we are also having a hot cocoa bar, which should be super cute! 

Post # 22
17 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@Prettysmile40  we are doing a small cake on each table so I glued candlesticks and plates together to make mini cake stands and spray painted them gold. We also have wooden rounds with mason jars roses and candles 🙂

Post # 23
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Secret\'s St. James, Montego Bay, Jamaica

My situation is a little different because we are doing a destination wedding in Montego Bay Jamaica (Secret’s St. James) on February 7th. I am just starting to email and correspond with the wedding coordinator more now really, as we just secured the date, ceremony time, and location (gazebo) last week. Examples of things I will have to decide on with them still are:  colors of the flowers and bouquets that are included, which types of flowers they have available, what meal options we have to choose from, costs of incorporating any decorations that I will be bringing with me, etc.   Very excited now that the date is booked though!  And yet starting to get overwhelmed with how close it really is (149 days )!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  KTEM88.
Post # 24
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2015 - Powel Crosley Estate, Sarasota, FL

Wanted to give this old post a “bump” to see where everyone is at now! I’ve gotten some big things checked off my list, but am definitely starting to feel overwhelmed! Who’s with me? 🙂

Post # 25
265 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@BetseyJ  We’re date twins! Cheers to a happy and successful Sunday wedding! 🙂

Post # 26
7892 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

We’re having the mini-ceremony with the pastor officiant in February. We have our pastor, photographer, venue all set. Since we’re not doing the celebration at that time, the things that need to be planned are pretty minimal. We still have to plan the honeymoon, buy the wedding bands, and actually acquire the marriage license.

Post # 27
212 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@FutureLadyL  overwhelmed doesn’t begin to described how I’m feeling!! I’m ready to just cancel and go to Vegas lol. 

We’re on a tight budget and paying as we go. Time is slipping away and I’m getting nervous/scared that we won’t be able to pull it off.

Post # 28
212 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@ljpistorino  not doing a Valentines Day theme persay but our ambiance is very romantic.  We’re doing the popular nude, champaign, blush, etc. color scheme.  

Post # 29
265 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@yayimengaged  I was actually up all night stressing over the same thing! I’m writing out a list of “to do’s” tonight so I can start crossing them off. It’s SO easy to get overwhelmed very quickly! I’ve fantisized about eloping more than once!

What do you have left to do?

Post # 30
983 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@FutureLadyL  god, me too. my stomach is in knots. The venue we chose is beautiful but it’s just a building so we need to take care of everything. We need to rent the cutlery, the tables, the glasses, hire the staff, coat check, everything. It’s just so much to stay on top of. I work 6 days a week and go to school 3 nights a week so I don’t have a ton of time to go out and get shit done. I’m nervous! I just want to fast forward and be married!

The topic ‘February 2015 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors