(Closed) February 2016 Mamas- Lovebug Babies!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Yay, I’m so glad you started this!

How far along are you? 3+6 today!

What’s your estimated due date: February 1

How many cycles trying? 2! I can’t believe we got pregnant so quickly. I feel incredibly lucky and terrified/hopeful that things will go well!

When did you get your BFP? 5/22 – had a super squinter in the morning and a clear BFP at night

Who have you told? We’ve told DH’s best friend already. We probably would have waited, but we were going to a weekend wedding with him, so we just went for it, haha.

When do you plan on telling more people? We’ll tell a couple of friends in the next two or three weeks, assuming everything goes well. We haven’t decided yet if we want to tell our parents over the phone, or wait until we see them in person in a month or two.

How did you tell your partner? Haha, DH was waiting outside the bathroom door for me to test! I squealed, “I think it’s p-p-positive!” and DH ran into the bathroom and started hugging me and telling me how much he loves the baby already, lol.

Any symptoms yet? Boobs are very heavy/tender, some bloating, and I’m ridiculously thirsty at all times. Can’t wait for MS to start though, lol (I’m sure I’ll regret saying that).

What are you most excited about/for? Oh my gosh… I’m excited to tell our families. I’m SO excited to find out the gender and pick a name. And eventually sweet baby smells and squishy baby snuggles! I just hope everything goes well!!

When is your first appt? Calling the doctor tomorrow, so I will have an update then!

For fun – Do you have any names picked out? We like John or Clark for a boy. We have a lot more trouble with girl names; right now, we kind of like Evelyn or Catherine, but our preferences keep changing.

For fun – Bonus round: Will you find out the gender or are you team green? We will be finding out the gender as soon as humanly possible, lol!

Post # 3
3281 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
Jw1724:  I love Josephine, that’s such a sweet name! And the onesie is so cute! Is your DH actually a welder?

Post # 5
6930 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

Congratulations to all February mamas! I am a February baby myself. Enjoy the time now before MS starts. -December Mama.

Post # 6
71 posts
Worker bee

Congrats!! I’m a February 2015 mom and my little one is almost 3 months old! I know you will hear this non stop but it really does go so fast!

Post # 8
3281 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
Jw1724:  Yes it is!! How about you? Can’t even imagine how much things are going to change!!

View original reply
candy11:  Candy! Haha, I know I should not be wishing MS on myself, but I totally am. I’ll take whatever reassurance I can get that lovebug is growing up a storm in there. How are you?? How was your trip?

View original reply
Beakas444:  Thank you!! I honestly hope the next few weeks fly by, hahaha, and then it can slow right down.

I took another test tonight to check progression, and I would say things are moving right along, lol! Here’s some stuff I peed on, if you’re inclined to look! Top is 11DPO and bottom is 13DPO. Keep growing, lovebug!

Post # 9
6930 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

View original reply
howsweetitis:  Those pink lines look great. Stick baby stick. I am doing well, just having this sick feeling in my stomach that doesn’t make me want to see food. I eat and luckily no vomitting, but the feeling is there almost non-stop. It just started last week, so I hope my hormones start to level down. I read that hormones usually peak around week 9th. I am now in week 10th. I miss my big appetite and my love for food. My trip was amazing! Busy and tiring but so wonderful. Thanks for asking. 

Post # 10
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

How far along are you? 3 weeks 6 days!

What’s your estimated due date: February 2, 2016

How many cycles trying? This was our very first cycle trying after a miscarriage in early January. We got pregnant in December after one cycle NTNP.

When did you get your BFP? 5/23 at 11ish dpo. The line has gotten darker every day since!

Who have you told? Just DH’s brother and sister.

When do you plan on telling more people? I am going to tell my mom soon just in case I miscarry again. We plan to tell the rest of our family on Father’s Day and friends after.

How did you tell your partner? He was still asleep so I curled into bed next to him and whispered “I think I’m pregnant!” I got the sleepiest “Yay!” of all time in resonse.

Any symptoms yet? CAN’T STOP CRYING, hot flashes, dizziness, headaches, bloating, cramping, constipation, sore nipples and swollen breasts, and some occasional nausea. I have had many more symptoms but that’s all I’m experiencing right now

What are you most excited about/for? I’m mostly excited to announce it to everyone. We got to experience the excitement of telling our families the first time but never got to announce it to the rest of the world.

When is your first appt? I am hoping to schedule it around the week of June 22nd. DH and I will be home on vacation that week.

For fun – Do you have any names picked out? We picked names right after we were married. We love Caleb Benjamin for a boy and Elizabeth (Ellie) Margaret for a girl. Both of our grandmothers were named Margaret so we knew we wanted to incorporate that name somehow.

For fun – Bonus round: Will you find out the gender or are you team green? We will definitely find out the gender! I can’t wait to decorate the nursery and buy clothes!

Post # 11
3281 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
candy11:  Aw, sorry to hear you’re not feeling well, but at least you know Little Candy is getting his/her grow on! So glad you had a great trip!!

View original reply
mrssnail:  Welcome! Yay for another February mama! Hahaha, it sounds like you’ve had every symptom in the book–hope you’re feeling okay! All of those symptoms have got to be a good sign. Ellie is a super cute name!!

I told my mom yesterday, and it was AMAZING! She was so happy. And I wanted to call the doctor and schedule my first appointment today, but of course, it’s Memorial Day and everything is closed, whoops! So I’ll try tomorrow.

Post # 12
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Cautiously joining this board!

How far along are you? Very early, 3 weeks and 5 days.

What’s your estimated due date: February 3

How many cycles trying? We got pregnant after our first month trying in December, but that ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. After my cycle getting back to normal again, we just tried for the first time again this month and luckily were able to get pregnant right away again.

When did you get your BFP? I got a very faint positive on 5/23 at 10 DPO. On 5/24 it was a little darker. Today, at 12 DPO, I got a very clear BFP and a positive digital test.

Who have you told? Only DH. We will be waiting awhile to tell anyone since our first pregnancy ended in M/C.

When do you plan on telling more people? Not sure about our parents yet. Probably after being cleared after our first ultrasound at 8 weeks. Will not tell friends and other family until 12 + weeks.

How did you tell your partner? First time around I had a personalized onesie made, which he loved. This time around I kind of just shoved the test in his face and said “Do you see two lines?!”

Any symptoms yet? Many! I’ve been having symptoms since 3 DPO. Sharp pain on and off located inside right hip bone for 5 days straight, very vivid dreams, sore breasts, very tired, nauseous since 5 DPO, low back pain, bloating, digestion issues, etc.

What are you most excited about/for? Excited for our first U/S appointment at 8 weeks to make sure everything will be going okay.

When is your first appt? Don’t have anything scheduled yet but my doctor’s office sees you for your first appointment/US at 8 weeks.

For fun – Do you have any names picked out? We have a lot that we are deciding between.

For fun – Bonus round: Will you find out the gender or are you team green? Absolutely! I am too much of a planner!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  mrsa614.
Post # 14
86 posts
Worker bee

I just got a BFP this morning and I am freaking out and can’t focus at work so I am doing this instead!

How far along are you? Very early! 3 weeks

What’s your estimated due date: February 5

How many cycles trying? This was our third

When did you get your BFP? This morning! Took my last wondfo, thought it was negative and threw it out. A little while later I felt the need to pull it out of trash and look and saw a faint line. I then took a FRER and got a positive. I am 10 or 11 dpo.

Who have you told? One friend (who is pregnant). I didn’t want to tell DH before work, but had to tell someone!

When do you plan on telling more people? I will tell my sister soon (she is on vacation) but will wait to tell families at 12 weeks probably. My mom has a big mouth so I don’t want to tell her until I am ready for everyone to know!

How did you tell your partner? I am not sure yet but think I am going to give him a onsie or something later. He will be shocked.

Any symptoms yet? Lower back pain, tender boobs, and I kept getting bloody noses this weekend and this morning which is weird.

What are you most excited about/for? Everything!!

When is your first appt? Not sure yet. I have hoshimotos so I plan on getting endocrinologist appointment ASAP.

For fun – Do you have any names picked out? Secret for now!! 

For fun – Bonus round: Will you find out the gender or are you team green?  Definitely will find out!

Post # 15
3281 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
mrsa614:  Yay, welcome!! Congratulations! You have lots of symptoms too! That is awesome. I’m just starting to feel queasiness, and I’m SO GLAD! Lol.

View original reply
MrsCbee:  Welcome, mama!! Congratulations!! I can’t wait to hear how you tell DH!!!

AFM, just made my first doctor’s appointment, for 6+2. I can’t wait! Even though I assume it won’t be much other than giving a zillion vials of blood, lol.

The topic ‘February 2016 Mamas- Lovebug Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors