(Closed) FEBRUARY 2016 POAS BOARD

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 706
158 posts
Blushing bee

Congrats to all who got a BFP!!

Can you move my POAS date from 2/14 to 2/23, please? I have no idea what’s going on with my cycle this month. I always get the ovulation cramping; some months, like this month, it’s intense. I got a positive OPK the first week of the month which was a week earlier as usually I ovulate around CD19; Ovia adjusted my cycle. Well lo and behold on the 10th, which was day 19. I felt the same pains and so I took another test and it was even more of a positive than the one the week before. I have literally no idea.

I did take a FRER yesterday which was clearly negative, so I’ll do another one next week but I have a strong feeling that we’re just completely out this month. Sigh. Pity party for 1 over here lol

Post # 707
623 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Anchor Inn, MD

ChiTownBee27:  I recommend against Target brand tests. They’re blue dye tests and all 3 that I took my first month of TTC had a very faint line while pink dye tests were clearly BFNs and AF came right on time. So unless I had a CP that pink dye tests just didn’t pick up, I’d say they’re easy to misinterpret/get a false positive on. The only issues I’ve heard of with FRERs is with the curved ones. I do recommend Wondfo’s because they’re really cheap so you can POAS all you want and not feel guilty 🙂

Post # 708
136 posts
Blushing bee

I’m out. I had positives all weekend on wondfos (7-8 of them), but I was spotting. I went to my doctor this morning and their urine tests were negative and so was my blood test (they expedited it for me). I’m surprisingly calm and peaceful about it. My metformin is doing wonders for regulating my cycle for the first time in my adult life. I know the true positive (not wondfo!!!) test is coming soon. Good luck to everyone still waiting to poas!!!

Post # 709
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

JMer711:  I totally relate to being annoyed by the Bachelor – what is up with the pregnant girls who meet their boyfriend and two weeks later they are engaged! I guess they are used to things moving quickly – Bachelor style!

I am still waiting for AF to show up… I’m now 6 days late and 2 BFN tests. I feel like I have been PMSing for 3 weeks. I have been so irritable and moody, I just want to feel normal! I have very light spotting, but just when I wipe, don’t need a panty liner or anything. My doctor said to wait another week and then if it doesn’t show up to come and see her. I seriously may lose my mind before then, it is so hard to not think of anything else! 

Post # 713
136 posts
Blushing bee

bloomingflower:  Pretty much. The spotting stopped last night and then came back full force this morning. I’m counting today as CD1.

Post # 714
136 posts
Blushing bee

madger:  I truly hope you don’t have the experience I just had over the weekend. But, I do urge you to try another brand before letting yourself get excited. I had 8 positive wondfos over the course of 4 days. They looked just like that one(some even darker!). I had a blood test today that was completely negative. If you read the 1 star reviews on amazon it’s happened to a lot of women. Some of them even found out their tap water was “pregnant”! I hope so hard that you have a good batch and this is really the beginning of your BFP!! Just a friendly warning that wondfos can’t always be trusted! Good luck!!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  MrsAndrus322.
Post # 715
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I am out 🙁 on to the next cycle

Post # 716
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

MrsAndrus322:  yikes! that’s scary! My batch looks different than yours, so hopefully mine was okay! (plus, I had some bfns on them a few days ago) I will definitely be checking on another test later this week to confirm!

Post # 718
361 posts
Helper bee

So I have a question and I hope you guys can help.  I bought a seven day OPK this month.  I read the directions, calculated my cycle length and then started testing on the 11th day after my period as stated in the pamphlet.  So my first day I had a dark line in the square but the other line was there but lighter.  I read the information and it said that’s a negative.  The next day it was even lighter.  The third day the line was dark but not as dark at the test line.  So I thought it would get stronger.  But it’s gotten lighter.  I only tested for six days (I used two tests one day because I wasn’t sure) and I was horrible about timing.  I kept forgetting to do it! I’d go pee and yell DAMMIT because I forgot to bring the test.  So I never tested at the same time each day.  My question is first of all how the hell do you ladies do this as directed ha! But seriously would you think I haven’t ovulated yet and that I will for sure see two dark lines?  Is there wiggle room?  Perhaps that day with the dark line was my ovulation time?  We aren’t trying this month anyway so I didn’t buy more tests.  I’m thinking I should get some of the 20 strip test kits to give myself more days to look for ovulation? 

Post # 719
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

bloomingflower:  you are so good at staying on top of these boards (I see that you’ve started March already)!  Just a complement to start off this Wednesday ……

I ordered a pack of pink(?) wondfos yesterday – mostly b/c I have a feeling I’m going to be someone who tests early and often.  They should arrive tomorrow – I’m sure I’ll test Friday which will be 8 dpo.  I figure I’ll use those until I actually think I might get a BFP and then I’ll get the FRER or digital ones.

Trying to not think about (read: overanalyze) everything at this point and concentrate on work.  So much easier said than done ……

I don’t watch the bachelor (which is shocking given my taste in TV) but I do have a new married at first sight on the DVR which I’m looking forward to watching tonight! 

Post # 720
623 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Anchor Inn, MD

ChiTownBee27:  I watch Married at First Sight too! This season is pretty good — seems like we have couples across the whole spectrum. I feel so bad for David — Ashley seems to be completely wrapped up in looks, so it seems like she realized she wasn’t attracted to David and just completely wrote him off and didn’t give it much more of a chance. 

The topic ‘FEBRUARY 2016 POAS BOARD’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors