(Closed) February 2017 Mamas

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 166
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Swaneset Bay Resort & Country Club

View original reply
glacier_gal:  I might not be totally showing but my breasts have already gone from a Dear Daughter to a DDD/E and don’t anticipate them getting any smaller so I’m already having to buy bigger sizes/XL’s to accommodate them so at least with maternity clothes I can grow into them as the pregnancy goes on. 

Post # 167
1111 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
glacier_gal:  Thank you! Yup! And the bigger I get, the harder it is to find an injection site and my tummy is full of bruises. How are you coping? 

Post # 168
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Hi everyone thought I’d join in after my private early scan today! Starting to feel more excited now!

How far along are you? 7+4 today

What’s your estimated due date: 20th Feb 2017

How many cycles trying? Err none? Little bit of an oops! A condom came off my partner and so I took the morning after pill which apparently, didn’t work!! So here I am!

When did you get your BFP? 14th June

Who have you told? Our parents, siblings, grandparents and besties.

When do you plan on telling more people? After the 12 week scan if I can keep my mouth shut for that long.

How did you tell your partner? I rang him crying whilst he was at work (he’s in the military) and I couldn’t wait til the weekend to tell him! He was more calm than me!

Any symptoms yet? So much nausea and vomiting a few times, definetely worse in the evenings, and fatigue. Oh and my boobs are mega sensitive and sore.

What are you most excited about/for? Our next scan and feeling baby move. Finding out the sex and seeing my partner being a fantastic father. Also having our baby at our wedding!

When is your first appt.? 21st July

For fun – Will you be finding out the gender or being team green?

Not 100% sure but think we want to find out. I always thought I wouldn’t find out and having a surprise is lovely but I’m soooooo impatient and I hate surprises.

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/february-2017-mamas/#ixzz4DqQYfitE

Post # 169
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
Ham1320:  On the plus side, I hadn’t lost all my baby weight from the last time, so I have some flab to work with… That being said I feel like a pincushion and have a few huge bruises.  I have quite the needle phobia, so it is an event everytime I have to do it myself (and I make myself do it 3-4 times a week, my DH does it the other days)- it usually takes me 20 minutes to get up the nerve (and sometimes with tears).  But, DH has a few conferences over the next few months and I have some work travel… so, there’s no way around me having to be able to do it myself.  I just keep hoping I’ll get used to it).

It certainly doesn’t get any easier!  By the end of my pregnancy last time, my DH had to do them all because I couldn’t reach both hands to a spot to be able to pinch and do the injection…

View original reply
midwibee:  Welcome! I also had a big surprise- so I know how that roller coaster of emotions goes.  Congratulations!

View original reply
Cassidylouise:  the challenges of the well endowed… I have that problem too. good luck! a maternity dress might be the answer… but not sure where you find cute maternity options.

Post # 170
1111 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
glacier_gal:  I feel like a pin cushion too! I unfortunately lost weight due to awful morning sickness and tend to carry weight in my lower half rather than my middle so I’m hoping to gain weight ASAP to make it easier! I hear you about having DH do the injections. I thought about doing this but DH’s schedule is so crazy that I’d end up doing most of them myself anyways. I have been showering before I give the injections and they seem to be going in easier. Sigh. Small price to pay though since it took us 2 years to get pregnant. I’d give myself a ton of injections a day even though I despise them if it meant I was going to have a healthy pregnancy and babies lol. 

Post # 171
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
Cassidylouise:  you should look at pink blush maternitys website! They have super fun cute stuff!

Post # 172
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Swaneset Bay Resort & Country Club

letselopetoeurope53:  SO WEIRD! I totally just ordered a super cute dress from them!!! I’m going to style it differently for both weddings I’m going too as there aren’t any guests in common! Loved so much of their stuff! 

Post # 173
320 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Ham1320:  Gosh I can’t imagine TTC for 2 years.  That had to be hard.  CONGRATULATIONS – one twin for each of those years?? 

I really hate the injections.  I’m considering calling a therapist of some description to see if they can help. I will never like them, they will always be awful.  I really just want to get to the point where I can do it instead of hesitating and feeling miserable for a half hour before I do it.  I realize I need to do it for my health and that if I get another blood clot it could kill me (and baby #2), but it still doesn’t make it any easier.  In fact, I have tried that exact pep talk on myself…

Post # 174
320 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Cassidylouise:  That dress is really cute!

Post # 175
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
Cassidylouise :  I have a bunch on stuff saved from their website but I haven’t bought anything cause I was thinking it might me to early. When is the right time to buy maternity clothes? When you need them? I’m worried all my stuff won’t fit some day lol.

Post # 176
1444 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

View original reply
clairykoo :  Yes, we staretd thinking about names. We have an Excel Spreadsheet list, but there was a lot of back and forth so we said we’ll pick it up again when I hit 3 motnhs.

Post # 177
1444 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Cassidylouise :  love that dress!

View original reply
glacier_gal :  
View original reply
Ham1320 :  Are you ladies already apart of the Facebook group? For some reson I don’t rememebr seeiing any chat about twins or the unfortunate injections you guys are enduring. Kuddos to you tow for all you resilience, here’s to hoping you both have soem very happy and healthy little ones.

Post # 178
320 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
BreezyBride24 :  Not yet.  Since I had an IUD in when I got pregnant (yikes!) I’ve been getting a lot of monitoring.  I go back to the OB on Thursday for a 3rd ultrasound.  The heartrate was a little low last week, so they are just checking to make sure it is where it is supposed to be now.  If everything is OK, then I’ll join. I’m just being a nervous nelly… 7 weeks, 2 days… so early…  

Post # 179
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Update: Had my follow up scan yesterday after my cramping and spotting episode a few weeks ago – baby was found with a heart beat and looking normal so far. Although, I have a suspected vaginal infection (yay me!) and have been put on a short course of anti-biotics that I nearly didn’t start for fear of causing pregnancy issues. The doctor reassured me that they are perfectly safe in pregnancy – certainly hope so!!

View original reply
glacier_gal :  I’m 7 weeks 2 days as well ….. so unbelievably anxious about it all. Really not enjoying first trimester! Think I’ll be happier once I can actually feel baby move.

Post # 180
1444 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
glacier_gal :  Oh I totally understand… I was just surprised at how active the this thread was. So I guess I’ll ping pong between both thtreads until everyone makes it over to Facebook. I hope evyerthing goes well with your upcoming appointment–I’m sure it’s nice seeing your little one so frequently during the early stages.

View original reply
kitkat183 :  I’m glad to hear baby is doing well, those types of situations are so scary to deal with. I’m glad the doctor seems to have caught the infection early since you only have to take a shor prescription of anitbiotics. Here’s to hoping that pesky infection is healed sooner rather than later. I hear infections during pregnancy occurs quite frequently, so don’t be to hard on yourself.

The topic ‘February 2017 Mamas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors