(Closed) February 2017 Mamas

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 211
109 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
kitkat183 :  It is my first pregnancy as well! The doctor offered to tell us but I declined. I am committed to remaining team green. I admit I am curious since it’s the surprise of a lifetime. My DH is a planner so he wants to know but is respecting my wishes. 

Post # 212
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Eeeeek Nuchal Scan today and couldn’t sleep last night because I was just too excited! Can’t wait to see our little bean!

Post # 213
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

View original reply
midwibee :  Good luck!! I have mine tomorrow…eek!

Post # 214
1111 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
HistoricBusyBee :  Congrats! I don’t have facebook either. 

Post # 216
1111 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
glacier_gal :  Just checking in to see how you’re doing.

AFM, we found out the genders yesterday! More importantly, the twins look amazingly healthy. Now I just hope my body continues to cooperate. 

Post # 217
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Good luck to everyone on the upcoming nuchals!  I have mine on Thursday. 

View original reply
Ham1320 :  Hanging in there!  Still not 100% stomach wise and exhausted- not sure how you’re surviving growing twins!!

I’ve been having DH do more shots, because I just hate it so much.  Much less bruising now that we are injecting very,very slowly.  I haev to go to my corporate office probably in September, on the plus side, my good friend there had to do fertility treatments and knows how to give a shot… so, if I flake out, she can give me my injections. 

Do you ever get itchy aroudn your injection sites?  I don’t always, but some of them do… more near the waist of my shorts/pants.  I’m wondering if its more the rubbing on a slightly irritated injection site taahn anything else.

Post # 218
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
Ham1320 :  Also, curious, what are you going to do for a nursery?  Both kiddos in one room?

And did you pick out a double stroller?  Since baby 1 will be under 2 when baby 2 is born, we are in the market for a double stroller.  One of the moms in my first mom’s group has been nannying her niece who was born 3 weeks after her son.  She highly recommended the contours options elite stroller.  Also highly recommended by Lucie’s list.  I think we might go for that.  We are spying on someone with one at the fair yesterday.

Post # 219
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
kitkat183 :  
View original reply
glacier_gal :  Good luck with your nuchals ladies 🙂 

Ours was awesome when the baby decided to get into the correct position!! I loved seeing the baby trying to be an Olympic gymnast! 

Post # 220
1111 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
glacier_gal :  aww, I’m sorry! I understand how you feel–I’m 15.5 weeks and still have morning sickness 🙁 I broke down and have been letting DH give mine too. That’s great you have your friend as a back up! I don’t have a back up lol. The shots aren’t getting easier though–they’re so fricken painful and I have large hard lumps and bruises all over my back/sides. Mine get itchy too but I really think it’s the alcohol prep wipes.  I’m terrified to give them in my tummy because I seriously have zero fat there now and I can’t see my back. I think when DH can’t give them to me I’ll use my thigh. I’m measuring almost 22 weeks already; not complaining because babies are healthy but man, I can’t imagine what I’ll actually look like at 22 weeks. 

Right now we’ll do one nursery. However, when they’re older they’ll defnitely have their own rooms (we’re having a boy and a girl!!). Are you going to do 1 or 2 rooms?? Love Lucie’s List!! I haven’t decided on one officially yet but I think I’m going with the Bumbleride Indie Twin. I’ve heard great things about it from other twin moms. I looked at the Contours but I don’t think I want a tandem stroller. I brought my niece and nephew with me and had them sit in various strollers (they’re about the same size and are Irish twins lol) so I could get a better idea of what would work for us. 

Post # 221
109 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
Ham1320 :  Thank you!

Good luck to all you mama’s doing the NT scans this week. I was such a nervous wreck the night before mine. Best of luck and positivity to you all!

Post # 222
109 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Mamas,

Hope you are all doing well. Have any of you started shopping for the necessities? A car seat, crib, stroller, etc.? I’m about to begin week 19 not quite sure whether I’m supposed to have an idea of what we will be buying. Any feedback regarding timelines is appreciated. 

Post # 223
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

View original reply
HistoricBusyBee :  Hi! I’m 17 weeks and have started to research what we might buy in terms of the big ticket items but I’m not planning on buying anything until christmas/after christmas when hopefully the sales will be on. Baby is due end of February. I’m a cautious person so don’t want to buy the pricier items too early. If baby did come early then my thinking was, if I had a list, then it would be easy for family to pick up the things we needed whilst we’re in hospital. I don’t think there is a set timeline though. My sister in law started buying after her 20 week scan where she found out the sex.

Post # 224
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

How can I be added to Facebook group?

Post # 225
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’d love to be added too, please! 

The topic ‘February 2017 Mamas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors