February 2017 POAS!

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 467
660 posts
Busy bee

So, still not event a faint BFP and I’m 14DPO. This is great because my luteal phase is getting longer with my progesterone because it’s never been more than 12 days (and was 8 and 6 other months). But I just really wanna know if I’m pregnant! Lol. I’m guessing I’m not if I’m still testing negative. I’ve had a ton of cramps and pulling sensations since earlier this week, so I keep thinking AF is rolling in but nope. And my temp spiked a little this morning and has stayed over coverline. I’m so impatient, and from my POAS addiction I’m also running out of my wondfo valupack haha.

Post # 468
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

AF came this morning on 9DPO – clearly my LP is too short. Does anyone have any experience with an OTC progesterone cream? Or something from the doctor? I was hopping clomid would help that but it actually didn’t increase it at all. 

Post # 469
231 posts
Helper bee

purplepie45 :  I don’t have a “short” luteal phase (it’s usually 12-13 days) but I do get spotting from about 4-6dpo onwards and that is still considered a luteal phase defect. I was prescribed Provera to stop the spotting and it’s working like a dream. I’m taking it after confirmed ovulation for 10 days. Everything online says not to take it while pregnant or trying, but my doctor says the low dose is totally fine and the issues arise with higher dosages. Regardless, if I do get a BFP I will ask to be switched to Prometruim. 

I would suggest getting a 7dpo progesterone blood test. I didn’t have one, but my doctor wanted to see if this would work first! 

The natural things I tried for my luteal phase defect were B-50 Complex and Magnesium Glycinate, so maybe try those first?

Post # 470
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I am currently 5DPO and symptom spotting like a crazy woman. I don’t know how I will hold off testing much longer!

Post # 471
660 posts
Busy bee

purplepie45 :  mine were 6-11 days on any given month- plus I have pcos so I knew it was likely luteal phase defect. Your dr can do bloodwork to test your progesterone. Mine did and thought it was fine until I pushed for her to look into it after a chemical pregnancy. I was put on crinone this past cycle. It’s a vaginal suppository. My lp was 10 days last cycle, and I’m on day 14 this time! So it helped. I don’t know about any otc stuff, id ask for a prescription if you can. My progesterone went from 5.9 to 14.1 with the suppositories. 

Post # 472
5593 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

smim98 :  I was definitely symptom spotting at 5dpo!  Try to push through and keep your mind off of things.  I think that symptom spotting is sadly just a natural part of the process.  I tested at 8dpo, and I kicked myself for wasting a test!  Luckily, I was able to hold off again until AF showed up.  lol

Post # 473
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

MissAmericanPie :   mrstac :  Thank you both so much for your responses and insight. I’m going to call my Dr in the morning, hopefully she can help me figure something out for this cycle. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 474
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Af just came ๐Ÿ™

Post # 476
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

I’m a rollover, fingers crossed for March!

Post # 478
660 posts
Busy bee

jjbeebee :  hah, good point! and thank you! 15DPO and still BFN and cramps. my temp dropped a little this morning and i had a little brown spotting yesterday..still holding out!

Post # 479
1617 posts
Bumble bee

SeaOfLove :  I agree! I was thinking that I would start temping next cycle, but this one never seems to end!! I’ve also heard really good things about Pre-Seed, so I was going to look into that too. My bf’s mom was “visited” by her late husband (bf’s dad) and he told her a couple of things, one of which was that there would be a grandbaby in 2017, so everyone’s been looking at us. One of his sister’s cannot have anymore children, the other is getting married to a man who cannot have anymore children, and his brother and wife are not trying. Every month his mom’s like – we’re running out of time for a 2017 baby! If I’m not pregnant this next cycle, then it looks like it was just wishful thinking. Although, he wasn’t super specific in his vision, so maybe he just meant pregnant in 2017? 

jjbeebee :  Yes! I did read that! It gave me hope, so I decided that I’d go ahead and post in here, just in case. I hope everything is going well! How are you feeling?

I did take another test on Saturday, but it was not FMU (I didn’t  have any in the morning, and I couldn’t wait until Sunday morning. I did a 4 hour hold – it was all I could handle) Still BFN. CD 40 today, and still no AF, but I had some major cramping and nausea this weekend. I luckily never got the flu bf’s DS brought from his mom’s, but that doesn’t help my brain because I’m like – am I pregnant? Am I getting the flu? Or is AF setting up to be a miserable beast? Based on my tummy’s cramping today, I’m going with option 3. 

In other news, I had my first pregnancy dream since we started NTNP/TTC. Sunday morning I dreamt that I had gone and POAS and it came up positive. I was so excited and couldn’t believe it. I went and showed my bf in bed, and then we snuggled in bed and I just kept asking – am I awake? Is this real? So I went and peed on two more. I must’ve been half asleep because it felt so real. I was wearing the same clothes, it was the same time of day, we were laying in bed the same way!! But then I really DID wake up. I decided not to test that morning though. When I woke up and KNEW it was a dream, I left it at that. Not even a hint of a squinter the day before, so… 

Post # 480
215 posts
Helper bee

MargaritaVille :  CD 40 today for me too! ๐Ÿ™

I’m rolling over to next month I think. My clearblue had peak reading on CD 22 and also have a very positive OPK also on CD 30 so maybeeeeee I’m not out yet, but doubtful.  

Wish AF would just start and stop being so cruel on making us wait if truly no chance of being pregnant!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors