February 2018 Brides!

posted 7 months ago in February 2018
Post # 2
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2018 - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

futuremrsfraser :  

Wow!! Less than a year! CRAZY!!

I’m Feb 3rd 2018. We’re also doing a destination wedding, at the Grand Floridian in Disney!

So far we have our venue contract completed, down payment paid, and engagement pics done. About to start working on save the dates! I’d love to hear how things are going for you along the way since we are both doing destination weddings! 🙂

Happy planning and congrats month twin!! 

Post # 4
307 posts
Helper bee

futuremrsfraser :  juliamarie3 :  Hello, I’m so glad someone finally posted in this section! I’m a February 10, 2018 bride! Our ceremony will be at a Catholic church in Laguna Beach, CA with a reception nearby to follow. We live in NYC, but I’m from CA and our parents both live in CA, hence, why we are having the wedding there. It’s not a destination wedding per say, but we are planning an out of state wedding.

We have the church and reception venue booked, I’m hand making my save the dates and have most of the materials already. I plan to mail them out by the end of the month hopefully. The venue is all inclusive and I have reached out to the photographer, videographer, DJ and company will make the invitations. We have the guest list made already and I have ALL of my guests contact information input. He is in the process of gathering his half of the guest list contact info. I’ve chosen the MOH (my sister) and two bridesmaids and still deciding on if I want one or two other bridesmaids. I want a small bridal party and don’t know if I want a friend and cousin, or just the friend, or just the cousin.

I have not gone to try on wedding dresses yet. I want my Mom to be there so I plan to go to CA to get my dress with my Mom and sister, and have a bridal shower and bachelorette while I’m down there. Probably in the summer time.

futuremrsfraser, I’m doing save the date magnets also! I’m making them myself. Would you mind posting a pic? I’d love to see your dress too if you feel comfortable to share it online. I’ll post my magnets once they are done.

At first it seemed like 2018 was so far away, but it’s not! Time is flying and it will be here before we know it. I am enjoying this engagement and planning time and basking in it. We plan to be on our honeymoon during Valentine’s day. I’m happy to be planning with you two!

Post # 6
31 posts
Newbee

Hi!  Feb 18th, 2018 here 🙂 @futuremrsfraser only one day apart!  I am having my wedding at the chapel of our university where my fiance and I met with a reception afterwards at the Omni (in Virginia).  I am having a medium sized wedding with 7 (I know, so many!  Ahh!) bridesmaids.  I love the save the dates–have you sent them out already??  I feel like I am doing everything so quicly (venue, dress, photographer, flowers, and bridesmaids dresses already picked out!) and now I am sitting around so bored!  I need projects but our venue does basically everythign for us.  The things I’m thinking about now are the bach party and centerpieces.  I’ll post a photo of my dress once I get it altered–right now it is huge and looks horrible!

Post # 8
307 posts
Helper bee

futuremrsfraser :  So sorry for such a delayed response! Your save the dates are very nice. I love the script writing on the envelopes, very elegant and professional. Also, beautiful dress, love the mermaid style!

February in SoCal is generally nice weather. It will probably by 60s-70’s during the day and maybe 60-50’s at night.

It’s very smart that you sent your save the dates already. It gives your guests ample time to plan and pay for the expense. I’ll be mailing save the dates at the end of March, I’m almost finished making them and I will post once finished. I’ll probably send invites around July. I want to have enough time to get the RSVP’s.

Post # 9
307 posts
Helper bee

futuremrsfraser :   juliamarie3 :   virginiagal1 :  Updates on wedding planning: We had the ceremony and reception site booked within the first two months of 2017. Last week we booked the videographer and photographer. We have the DJ contract and planning guide, but it will take me a while to fill out. It’s very detailed and it will take me a while to fill it all out. I didn’t imagine picking literally every single song from beginning to end.We have someone making the invitations for us as well. We attending our Natural Family Planning class last week also and have a follow up session scheduled. We are working on gathering all of the documents required for the Catholic ceremony.

Do you guys have any updates you’d like to share about your wedding plans?

Post # 12
307 posts
Helper bee

futuremrsfraser :  Ok, I think iPod should turn out fine with good speakers. Yes, the DJ list is very detailed. More than I ever thought possible.

I have not looked for a dress, veil or shoes yet. I will do that in CA in a few months, as well at look at grooms attire with my Mom and sister.

I’m  still deciding on whether or not I want to add one or two to my bridal party. Right now I’m at three so if I add it will go to 4-6 and I wanted a small bridal party.

Post # 14
505 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2018

futuremrsfraser :  

Hello there February brides :). Feb 17th 2018 here. I think planning is relatively done for the time being :). We’ve had our venue since Sept, flowers are done, photographer is done, DJ is done. I have my dress, bridesmaids and flower girls have theirs too ( was told bridesmaids dresses would arrive end of June…they got here last week lol ). Alterations appointments have been made. Haven’t done save the dates as it’s not a destination wedding. So there’s the cake and groom groomsmen attire and of course invitations but I think that’s pretty much it 😊  

Dress….

Fox fur stole….cause it’s February and cold in Canada lol…

Shoes….

Hair Inspo….

Bouquet inspo….mine…

Bridesmaids dresses….

Bouquets….

Flower girls……sashes will be wider and dark purple/eggplant and they also have little faux fur stoles that are adorable but I don’t have a picture…

Venue Chapel…No electricity lit by candlelight 😍

Venue Dining Room….

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors