February 2018 Love Babies and Mamas!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 151
3261 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
msdenverbee :  YAY! Great news! Yeah, my husband is tripped out that I have “two hearts in my body.” All I could do was laugh and say I’ll have two of everything (double everything!), unless we have a boy.. then I’ll also have a penis inside me! He stopped talking about it after that. Men think of the WEIRDEST things. Lol. 

It’s sooo surreal! I’m excited. Have my first appointment with the OB next week, so hoping everything continues normally and healthy. 

They said everything was in a great position for us, and nestled very snuggly in there, so I’m happy! Was your baby on the left or right side?

Post # 152
3261 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
msdenverbee :  Yeah, I’m a little torn on which due date to run with lol. By GA, it would be 2/13, which is my sister’s birthday. But I think Valentine’s Day would be fun for the announcement, and that’s on LMP, soooooo I don’t know. She said it could be either and they likely wouldn’t change my due date based on the u/s because it’s really close. 

I think we’ll go with Valentine’s Day because it’s more fun and babies rarely show up on their due date anyway, so! We’re twins … and we used to live in Denver lol!

Post # 153
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
MsPlucky :  🙂 Valentine’s Day will be fun for the announcement!! I actually am only going to live in Denver for one more week, we’re moving to Portland next week!! I’m not sure which side the baby was on, she said it came from my right overy. The ultrasound was from the inside and the baby is just in the middle in the pic.. how do you tell? 

Post # 154
3261 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
msdenverbee :  I have no idea. My SIL sent me a study that has a 97.2% accuracy for males if the placenta is on the right, 97.5% accuracy for females if it’s on the left. I want to say it’s something like the Ramzy Method, or something close. I have to go through our texts again and find it. Our babe is on the right (so she says) so she’s betting it’s a boy. I, however, have no idea what I’m looking at lol. 

Anyway, just curious to see what happens as we all start to find out. We’ll probably not be finding out until the anatomy scan, I don’t think there’s really any ‘justifiable’ reason for insurance to pay for genetic testing for us. We’re about as low risk and “boring” (as my doctor’s always say) as one can get.

Post # 155
140 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
MsPlucky :  not sure what side the baby is on, the tech didn’t say! I looked up the Ramzi method but realised it can’t be used with my scan type – my scan doesn’t show left versus right. 

The old wives tale for heartbeat would say girl though!

Post # 156
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
MsPlucky :  That’s great news on your scan!  Congrats.  I am awaiting mine which is in 2 days.  Slowest two days of my life.  Did they give you a new due date?

Post # 157
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
jejangles :  COngrats!  That must have been a really good feeling to see the aby in there.  Hopefully the fibroids are just a nuissance and not a concern! 

Post # 158
140 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
stormyweather :  
View original reply
MsPlucky :  Thanks for the congrats! I had a call from my family doctor, and as I suspected the fibroid has grown from 8cm to 12. Kind of upset me, although I suspected it after seeing my stomach yesterday. I also have a very small subchorionic hematoma, but the thing that freaked me out the most is that the fibroid is apparently pressing on my ureter / kidney. I will find out more when I see my OB next week, but that sounds scary and potentially dangerous. 🙁

I had my OB’s go ahead to get pregnant but I’m starting to wonder if it was a mistake not to get the fibroid removed first… It’s too late now anyway, so will have to see what she says. Fingers crossed I am freaking out for no reason.

Post # 159
3261 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
stormyweather :  They have my due date as 2/14. I had to change my OB appointment until the 20th, so 10 days later due to Hubby’s changed work schedule, so that sucks. The nurse said everything looked great, and there’s no cause for concern, so pushing back wouldn’t matter. I’ll be waiting for your update after your scam, FX for great, great news!

View original reply
jejangles :  Eep. Sounds scary, but hopefully that’s the extent of it and there’s nothing to really worry about. FX it’s really nothing to be concerned about, and your appointment next week goes well!

Post # 161
1204 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hi all! I think I feel secure enough to join a birth month group now. I had an ectopic in October that drug out for 3 months. We started TTCing in February and it took 5 months to get pregnant. I had all sorts of funny things start to happen at about 11 DPO but I waited until my temps were still super high a day before my period. Took a test, BFP. But, I walked on eggshells for 3 or 4 weeks because of my previous ectopic. I also waited to tell my husband until Father’s Day. I’ve had 2 ultrasounds so far. One at 5+3 and one last week at 7+3. Everything in the right place and saw the heartbeat last week. 161!

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  8ish weeks

What is your estimated due date? 2/18/2018

What baby # is this? 2

How many cycles trying? 5

When did you get your BFP? 6/10/2017

Who have you told? Hubby, his family, my sister, my best friend & some coworkers

When do you plan on telling more people?  Next weekend! I haven’t been able to catch my parents together in person, so we are headed to their house to drop off a gift and tell them. Then the big reveal is the next day at a big family picnic

How did you tell your partner?  I waited a week until Father’s Day. I had 3 hcg draws that week, so I wrote the each number on a piece of paper and then buried the test in a box with a note. 

Any symptoms yet?  Yep, all mild though. Tired, stomach is kind of gross, sore boobs. Nothing too bad though

What are you most excited about?  Finally getting our rainbow baby after such a difficult experience with my ectopic. And DS getting to be a big brother!

When is your first appt? I’ve already had like 4! But my first routine appointment is Wednesday

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? Absolutely. I’m type A and really need to plan

Post # 162
3261 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
ColoradoGirl :  Congratulations and welcome!! Very exciting! 

Post # 163
721 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ColoradoGirl :  I am so happy to see you on this board, congratulations!! I remember when we were both anxiously awaiting our HCG to go down to 0. Now we are both finally getting our rainbow babies! So happy for you. And welcome. 🙂

Post # 164
140 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
ColoradoGirl :  welcome and congratulations!

i have my first OB appt today, till now I’ve just seen my family doctor. Interested to hear what she says about my fibroids, and also excited to find out next steps around genetic screening etc. 9+4 today and I think I’m just starting to feel like I’m really pregnant!

Post # 165
1204 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
MsPlucky :  Thanks!!

View original reply
tm6173 :  Congrats you too! How funny that we should both go through something awful to have normal pregnancies at the same time. How are you feeling??

View original reply
jejangles :  Thanks! I haven’t had fibroids, so no experience there, but interested to see what your doctor says about them. Congrats to you too!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors