February 2018 POAS

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 151
2811 posts
Sugar bee

FWIW, my period was considered 5 Days. First day spotting, next day medium flow, 2 Days of light flow (still used a tampon but never was full when I’d change it), last day spotting. 

Except for the cycle right after my MC, where I had a second day of medium flow in there.

Post # 152
383 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

tiffanybruiser :  oh wow! That’s interesting. I a, the same as you. I usually only have two days of bleeding, maybe a third really light day, and gen 2-3 days of spotting. I always figured I was lucky (althiugh the cramping I get never leaves me feeling lucky! Hope it doesn’t turn out to be a bad thing! 

Post # 153
242 posts
Helper bee

Ha this is the first time I’m actually relieved to have 6 day periods with all the cramps bells and whistles to go with it lol! Light the first day, extremely heavy the 2nd and 3rd and then medium 4th-5, and it eventually tapers down from there.  FWIW I only took BC for 1 year my whole life in my early twenties, it just never did anything for me hormonal, acne and period wise, I used to say my hormones are so strong they overpowered it.  Anyway I Still envy those of you with 2-3 day periods though. 

Post # 154
438 posts
Helper bee

As if I wasn’t already stressing about my 2-3 day light periods 😩😩😩

Post # 155
7813 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Only on CD7 here so too soon to really worry about things…but these are the highest, most erratic temps I’ve ever had in the FP before. Although to be fair I didn’t start temping until CD8 last cycle so who knows what those early temps would have looked like. Anyone else have weird high/erratic temps the 2nd cycle after a MC?

Post # 156
2059 posts
Buzzing bee

CD3 here, I was having a rough day yesterday. All was fine until I got home after work and then vomit of the mouth about TTC and feeling very down in the dumps. I feel bad for Darling Husband, I think I’ve really overdone it on talking to him about it recently. Especially after 2 months of reallllly promising charts, then an HSG, a delayed O and late AF this past month. I have felt very on edge about it all and I know he’s bearing the brunt of that. I need to do a SIUP for TTC around him for a while to let it simmer down and for me not to seem like a crazy person :/

(BUT WHO AM I KIDDING I AM A TOTAL FUCKING NUT RN)

Post # 157
7813 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

fromatoz :  Be kind to yourself bee. AF just arrived for you – that’s a totally normal time to be feeling really down about TTC. Especially after two seemingly promising cycles in a row. 

The constant emotional rollercoaster of the cycles needs to end now please. We better all get our Feb v-day sticky babes because I am over this bullshit.

Post # 158
2059 posts
Buzzing bee

tiffanybruiser :  Right?! My POAS date is Feb 13, but I could hold off until the 14th and my Valentines Day gift could be a BFP. But seriously, I need to calm the hell down. I’m driving him, and myself– batshit crazy. The only ones who can tolerate me right now are my dogs, and I think even they are tired of my shit! 

Post # 159
1118 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

MsPlucky :  hmm, interesting – that gets me an extra day of AF! Still a bit short for my liking though.

nursebee22 :  ughhh I know rite?? And Dr Google doesn’t have any suggestions on what to do about it, and real doctors are never worried about it. So frustrating.

tiffanybruiser :  erratic post-MC FP temps right here! Your chart looks calm and stable compared to mine. The past 2 days were SO high that I discarded them. Like, over 98F. The other two temps have been in the low 97s, which is unusually high for me – but that’s probably a good thing. Hoping they stay around there and don’t drop back down to the 96s.

fromatoz :  aw sweetheart I’m sorry. There are so many ups and downs to all this, it’s a damn roller coaster. Getting your hopes dashed two cycles in a row will take a toll on anyone! I’ve been super moody around Darling Husband, which I feel awful about (which of course doesn’t help). I’m trying to make ‘self-care’ my motto for the time being – every time I’m really down I try to repeat that in my head or write something to that effect in my journal, and it calms me a bit. On another note – my POAS date is Feb 14 – you should wait till then too and we’ll be POAS twins! (assuming I make it that far…)

Post # 160
2059 posts
Buzzing bee

sleepymelis :  We can dooo it. We can hold out until the 14th! We can we can we can!!!

Post # 161
372 posts
Helper bee

I wouldn’t worry about AF flow. I used to, as mine is pretty light too (and only lasts 2 days).

I got pregnant on cycle 10, and that was with a bad SA at the ripe age of 36.

Post # 162
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

since me and Darling Husband want to save up a little money before we go to an RE, i plan on BDing every other day my fertile week this month, something i dont think me and Darling Husband have truly tried yet. 

im not temping anymore 🙁 my work schedule basically screws that up royally right now. So im just gonna base it off previous temping/opk months and what my two fertility apps predict will be my fertile week. 

Post # 163
7813 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Well, CD7 and already having copious amounts of insanely stretchy, textbook EWCM. Didn’t get this until CD10 last cycle…and then O’d on CD12. Yikes. Either I am gearing up to O super early, or I am just going to have a lot of days of EWCM before O. Really hope it’s the latter. The latest I ever O’d was CD14 on the cycle I got my BFP, so I am kind of superstitious about the eggs needing to cook in there a bit longer to be viable. I guess we need to get on the BD train again either way. Let the crazy begin!

Post # 164
467 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

larissakay :  tiffanybruiser :   sophielle : 

That’s really interesting. I didn’t think period length was an indicator to anything significant.

I always considered myself to have 5 day periods, which I defined as days that I: 1. see bright red flow (not brown) and 2. have amount that requires a pad and not a liner. It generally goes from day 1 light flow, day 2-4 medium flow, and day 5 light flow.  I also generally have really bad cramps on day 1 (though sometimes I wonder if it’s half psychological because as soon as I see red in the toilet bowl, I start cramping – even if I was absolutely pain free right before going to the bathroom. Haha…), and them no cramps the next 4 days. I also get pretty nauseous, loose all my appetite, and get a bad migraine on day 1 (sometimes starting day -1).

Aaaaaand today is day 1 of AF. I am so happy (to jump into this cycle) and miserable (from cramping, nausea, and migraine) at the same time.

But recently, I have noticed that once in a while I would have a 4 day period, where I have one less day of medium flow. I wonder if it’s because my body is aging… (recently turned 30). D: Now I hope this one will last 5 days.

Post # 165
9595 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

Hi bees, crazy to finally be posting here after so many years on the bee! Feeling ready to join the baby party. 

Your age/partner’s age: 31 and 33

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD almost 1 

Ovulation Date: 2/2

POAS Date: 2/12

Usual Cycle Length: 27 days

Cycles Trying: #2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):  Ava bracelet +timing, prenatals 

Trying anything new this month? Nope, going to BD every day of fertile window +1. Going to try to wait till 10DPO to POAS!! I failed at that this time haha. Also learned that spotting is NOT CD1, full red flow is so that changes things up for me…

Link to your chart if charting: 

For fun: Do you and your partner do anything special for Valentines? I make a decadent meal at home, typically pasta. Not that big into Vday, no gifts etc. we do celebrate Presidents’ Day weekend (the weekend we met) by going to our first date spot so that’ll be fun. 

sorry for all bold, I tried to fix it- blame my phone!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors