February 2018 POAS

posted 9 months ago in TTC
Post # 3
2298 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Hoping all the squinters and slow progressions for you all mean there are new baby bees coming. 😍 baby dust. 

Rough work weekend behind me and two days left (tonight and tomorrow night) before I am off for 5 days, and headed to the cabin with hubby this weekend. My body aches from work and longs for my days off. I literally did jack shit today. 4 more days of my progesterone left and taking RRL capsules also. 

Post # 3
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Okay, I’m psycho.  It’s 10dpo for me, I took a test this morning, it was faint but darker than yesterday and I took one tonight and it’s darker! MH even sees it! If it is a CP, will the line progress?  I’m trying not to get excited just in case.  

The line might be way harder to see via the photo but in person, it is there and I can see it without tweaking it or holding it up to a light! ah!

28052851_1854267417918016_1722520746_n

Post # 3
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

KB87 :  Thanks! 

MooseMeese11 :  Thanks for telling me that.  I am very excited even though I’m trying to not be.  The line does seem to be progressing which has my hopes up!

Post # 3
2567 posts
Sugar bee

jaybear :  I see it! FX it gets darker over the next few days. FX for a sticky bean!!

All depends on how long it is implanted and where along the lines the CP happens. For mine, I didn’t have any progression, and had my period 36 hours later. BUT I didn’t get a BFP until the evening of CD 12, and it was SUUUPPPEERRR squinty – lighter than your test you posted.

Don’t forget, it can take 48-72 hours for HCG to double in the beginning, so don’t panic if daily tests don’t show progression. It all depends on when the doubling happens in relation to your testing if you see progression or not.

Post # 3
551 posts
Busy bee

jaybear :  definitely see something! At only 10dpo it’s good to have a line. FX it darkens 

AFM: got my crosshairs this morning I’m 3dpo. Managed to hit O-1, O, O+1 – so happy with our timing this month. As this has been an issue in the past! 

TWW begins, help me stay sane 

Post # 3
170 posts
Blushing bee

dublingirl :  I’m just ever so slightly behind you at 1 dpo – hopefully we can get one more bd in tonight. We’ve managed -1 and o too. So stressful this month – fertility week can be exhausting. Not because of the bding, but because I’m always terrified we’ll miss our chance.

Post # 3
551 posts
Busy bee

tiredandillwife : I know it can get stressful & I very rarely get a positive OPK. I seem to have very short LH surges, so missing O day was always a big deal. Thankfully with temping this has improved. Also I’m pretty regular so that is a big help. 

FX this is our month!!!!

Post # 3
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I need to vent! Again this month my husband tells me “all those tests you’re doing aren’t working” because my temps haven’t really gone up enough to confirm O, although my OKP was positive Saturday so I think I should have ovulated Sunday. He said me taking tests was stressing him out! I asked how he thought I felt, and that I do need to do this to know if I am ovulating, when to start taking my progresterone Rx, and monitor how long my LP is. He then asked me why we didn’t have sex on Sunday, I told him I tried to but he said he wasn’t feeling good and I know he usually can’t two days in a row so I didn’t push him. He said I should have said I was ovulating but in previous months he told me he can’t perform if I tell him we have to do it certain days! I am beyond frusturated and sad. If I did ovulate Sunday, we hit 0-1, so I did assure him our timing should be ok for this month.

To add to everything I started with a UTI on Thursday, only got to see MD on Sunday, so I’m on antibiotics now. Could that be affecting my temps?

Post # 3
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Temps still super high and holding up the triphasic pattern for me this morning which is weird, but pink tinged CM. Zero pregnancy symptoms, all my pre-AF signs, and a negative FRER yesterday means I expect AF to show right on time today. I knew better than to think it’d happen our first month TTC, but I think that hope really got stuck in there and I’m super disappointed. We were supposed to start TTC in Jan but Darling Husband illness and my work travel got in the way. The only reason we had a shot this month was because I took Darling Husband with me on my trip. We can’t afford to fly him with me every month, and if it doesn’t stick on this next cycle we’re going to really struggle the next few months as I’ll likely be out of town during my FW. This is really hard when you know you won’t be able to consistently try each month. I know I’ve seen a few of you say your husband travels a lot. I get it. It makes it all so much more difficult because you have entire cycles where you have no shot.

ETA: I know I haven’t been trying as long as many of you bees, so I’m sorry if this comes off as whiny for a first cycle-r. I do not mean to minimizes anyone’s journey. It’s just that only being able to try 2 cycles out of 6 is a very real possibility for me due to the nature of my work, so a missed one for me means more time than just a month lost.

Post # 3
1890 posts
Buzzing bee

missmandy7 :  I’m sorry Bee 🙁  Sucks that your Darling Husband is trying to play the blame game when TTC. It’s hard enough on everyone without pointing fingers of tests not working and getting upset over a BD schedule. Hopefully you can talk this out and get on the same page about what information to share moving forward! I found that keeping OPKs to myself was best– not that Darling Husband didn’t care or want to know, but that part of TTC is just the most redundant POASing on OPK’s for days and days– so not much excitement there.

Post # 3
170 posts
Blushing bee

missmandy7 :  I’m so sorry. I think sometimes fertile week can sound like so much fun but in reality it’s stressful for both us and our partners. This ttc business is bloody tricky and hard. I have no words of advice, just wanted to let you know that I can totally see where you’re coming from. 

Post # 3
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

fromatoz :   tiredandillwife :  Thanks ladies – I appreciate the support, I definatly find FW more stressful than the TWW. I am not waving my OPK’s in his face or even really talking about it at all, but we get ready together a few times a week so he sees me taking temp and a cup and test into the toilet room every morning. 

Post # 3
3115 posts
Sugar bee

missmandy7 :  Oh bee, that all sounds so frustrating 🙁 I find the FW can sometimes be much worse than the TWW even! What are your temps doing? Are they lower post-O than usual? I had a yeast infection after AF a few weeks ago and it totally messed with my temps. I reckon a UTI could definitely do the same.

AFM. No clue if I’ve O’ed, I have no more OPKs. I’m tired of BDing. If I haven’t already.. I need to O before Friday. We have Father-In-Law + co staying with us 😬

Post # 3
3115 posts
Sugar bee

mainely :  I totally feel you on that. My husband will be working away from home after Easter and it really sucks when it’s something you have no control over. We already have no control over when our fertile windows are, then we also have no control over traveling for work! 

After this (shitty mindfuck) cycle we have one more cycle until he’s working away and then we’ll likely miss my FW for 3 months… Unless we’re super lucky.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors