February 2019 Love Bugs

posted 3 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
423 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

mamadingdong :  It’s funny how similar our stories are.  I have a 3 1/2 year old son.  We were also planning to wait until August but oops… here we are.  A little earlier than planned but we never stick to the plan.

ROLL CALL!

How far along are you? 3w5d

Estimated due date? Feb 3

What # baby is this for you? 2

How many cycles trying? first

When did you get your BFP? super squinter 5/23, faint positive 5/24, BFP today 5/25 (12 DPO)

Who have you told?  Husband and a couple close friends

When do you plan to tell other people?  around 10-12 weeks

How did you tell your partner?  He was there when I got the squinter so kinda boring

Any symptoms? sore boobs

What are you most excited about?  feeling baby kick, watching my son become a brother

When is your first appointment?  not scheduled yet, I’ll probably wait 1-2 weeks and then call

Are you planning to find out the gender?  yes

Fun fact? jeez… not sure, my birthday is Feb 9 so there is a possibilty I could share my birthday with this little one

Post # 4
1345 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’ll join in ๐Ÿ™‚

How far along are you? 4+1

Estimated due date? 2nd Feb

What # baby is this for you? 2. We have a 16 month old son. He will turn 2 Just befor this baby areives 

How many cycles trying? 6 (took us 2.5 years to get DS

When did you get your BFP? A couple of days ago

Who have you told? Husband 

When do you plan to tell other people? Prob tell parents / siblings at about 8 weeks then everyone else after the scan at 12 weeks. We are spending this weekend with my parents though so not sure we can keep the secret 

How did you tell your partner? Told him while getting ready for work that I’d got a faint line then texted him a picture of the first response with the stronger line

Any symptoms? A bit of nausea but mostly I’m exhausted

What are you most excited about? Completing our family really.

When is your first appointment?   In the UK the first appointment is the booking in with the midwives at 8 weeks. Really hope we get the same midwife this time. I haven’t done the self referral to the midwives yet. Will probably do that next week after the bank holiday on Monday. I had a great experience at our hospital last time so very pleased I can go there again. Hoping to get the birth centre this time though. Had to go to labour ward because I had a bleed while in labour last time.

Are you planning to find out the gender? Nope. Was team yellow with my son and loved it

Fun fact? We’re quite a tall family and DS looks like he’s on track to beat us all

Post # 6
423 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Unfortunately, I think I’m having a CP.  My BFP has been getting fainter over the last 2 days and I’m not feeling very hopeful.  Best of luck to you two.  I hope you have healthy pregnancies ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
1884 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

How far along are you? 4weeks plus whatever days

Estimated due date? February 2, 2019 (well range is January 29 to 12)

What # baby is this for you? 1

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? May 24

Who have you told? Husband, my sister who is also ttc, grandma,  cousins, aunt, and my parents. We are telling Dh’s parents tonight and will tell the rest of the siblings at our party tomorrow.

When do you plan to tell other people? We’ll wait to tell friends, coworkers until after 12 weeks,  probably, it’s hard to resist telling people. Originally we were going to wait until after our first appointment to tell anyone,  but with my grandma in ICU, we decided to go ahead.

How did you tell your partner? Yeah,  nothing special,  basically I called him over to the bathroom and told him I thought we were pregnant after I took a test.  He’s definitely been calling me a pee stick addict since then because I keep peeing on them. I guess I like seeing the progression.

Any symptoms? Tender breasts,  tired, acne, no AF yesterday although I did get some brown spotting until the afternoon.  Google it and it seems pretty normal, but I’ll call my ob Tuesday to ask what they think.

What are you most excited about? I’m so stoked to see what the progeny and me and Dh is like as people. Plus I’m looking forward to the cuddles before they get too old for that.

When is your first appointment?   June 13

Are you planning to find out the gender? Yeah,  asap lol

Fun fact? My mom had all her kids at home,  so did my sister in law and I’m a pretty granola person,  so if we aren’t too high a risk, I’d love to do the whole at home water birth thing. We are going to start touring hospitals anyway though.

Post # 10
1345 posts
Bumble bee

NightOwl27 :  I am sorry it was a CP for you. FC next time is a sticky one.

How is everyone? I am 4+5 today and the nausea has kicked in a bit. Been feeling pretty pants to be honest. I have been spotting a bit too – mostly pink / red. Not too concerned as I spotted on and off throughout the first trimester with my son too. I had a super positive test this morning and the symptoms are still here. If it is still happening next week I will go to the doctors and get a referral to the early pregnancy unit for a scan. They won’t scan until 6 weeks anyway so no point rushing.

I sent off my self refer to the midwives over the weekend too. It was a bank holiday here on Monday so it will be a while before I hear from them. I think last time I had my booking in at 9 weeks so assume it will be the same this time. We are on holiday when I will be 8 weeks anyway.

I can’t wait for our holiday. We are off to Rhodes which will be nice, though I think I will be feeling uber pants by then. Also stressing about a 4 hour flight with DS.

Not feeling work today at all. I have been working out when I can start maternity leave. At the moment I am thinking I will go at Christmas.

Post # 11
1345 posts
Bumble bee

mamadingdong :  Just saw your post about being team yellow. I loved it not knowing. The surprise really kept me going near the end when I was so uncomfortable. It was so fun doing all the predictions etc.

The main reason we were team yellow last time though was because we both really really wanted a boy. I think had we found out it was a girl at birth it wouldn’t have mattered, but if we found out before we would have both been disapointed. It was hard to articulate that while I was pregnant, but now DS is here I can say how much we wanted a boy.

This time I don’t mind at all if it is a boy or a girl. The main reason for not finding out is not seeing the point. Everything newborn we have is gender neutral, our nursery is gender neutral, there is no prep that is ‘helped’ by knowing.

Post # 12
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2017

ROLL CALL!

How far along are you? 4 weeks exactly, so say the apps

Estimated due date? Feb. 6

What # baby is this for you? 1

How many cycles trying? Technically 2, I chickened out the first cycle we were going to be trying

When did you get your BFP? May 29

Who have you told? Just my husband

When do you plan to tell other people? Having a hard time with this one, husband wants to wait but I’m feeling like I might want to tell our immediate family members 

How did you tell your partner? Haha I called and asked him to pick up an FRER, I had a faint line with a cheap dipstick and he was still on his way home. 

Any symptoms? A little gentle cramping. 

What are you most excited about? Just that it actually happened! I was feeling nervous, I have a few friends that have been trying longer, and at 31 I just wasn’t sure what to expect with my fertility. 

When is your first appointment? Around 7 weeks, we’re going on a two-week trip later June/early July and I would like to have it before we leave.  

Are you planning to find out the gender?  Undecided, but definitely tempted to find out. It sounds bad, but I know I want a girl (after wanting a healthy baby of course), but I’ve had my heart set on it and I think knowing ahead of time will be helpful for me if we do end up having a (still precious and wanted!) boy. 

Fun fact? Not so much fun as sweet, but over the holiday weekend several people noticed that my one dog was sticking super close by, and now with the BFP it’s pretty cute that my best buddy wants to make sure I’m alright. 

Post # 14
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Hi ladies! I’m looking forward to getting to know you all! Has there been a fb page made yet? 

How far along are you? 4+ weeks

Estimated due date? 2/3

What # baby is this for you? 3

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? 5/24

Who have you told? Too many people ๐Ÿ˜‚

When do you plan to tell other people? Will tell my coworkers and boss tomorrow, I’m already showing so I can’t hide it for too long. 

How did you tell your partner? I just showed him the pee stick in the morning and told him we’d be losing all semblance of control in feb. 

Any symptoms? Nope

What are you most excited about? Newborn snuggles 

When is your first appointment?   Prob early July 

Are you planning to find out the gender? No

Fun fact? Hmmm idk, I love Nutella? Lol 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors