February 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition! (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 11 months ago in TTC
Post # 226
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Dfitzy :  I’m really not sure, I think I do but I don’t know if that’s because I really want to see it. Hoping it gets darker! 

1111makeawish :  I haven’t got any tests in the house so I’m just not buying any until I’m on my way home on Friday 22nd ready to test on the Saturday (she says now). 

NicLE1218 :  I’m the same, I always get really invested. I can’t relax at all, I tell others to but I can’t! I already text Darling Husband today to say my nipples hurt even though I know there is no chance it’s pregnancy related as it’s not even been 24hrs. He was helpful in his suggestion that it’s probaby a ghost tweaking them…

Aw sorry I didn’t know you had a CP, that’s such a mind fuck. 

Post # 228
1308 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Dfitzy :  I see somehting on the top FRER and the cheapies! FX FX

Post # 229
775 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Hello all!  I’m really missing a lot with my wonky alerts!  Sounds like some awesome things are happening around here!

As you may remember, I’m already out for this month as AF showed up on Jan 31 and I usually have 32-35 day cycles, so figured February was not going to happen at all.  Something is up though, so I’m needing advice.  This is long and I’m likely just fooling myself…

Last month, I randomly took a digital OPK on CD14. I actually thought it was really early, but wanted to make sure I didn’t miss it.  Surprisingly, it was positive!  Considering that my last few cycles have been around 35 days, CD14 was definitely early.  I tested again on CD15 and it was also positive.  Those were my last two OPKs, so I didn’t test further.  AF showed up on CD31, so didn’t really think much of it. 

Today is CD13 and I got new tests last night. Just took another test now and it’s also positive.  Again, super early and totally wasn’t expecting it to be positive.

So that means my last three OPKs have been unexpectedly positive very early in my cycle.

Here’s where I start to get nutty…I’ve heard that OPKs can also detect pregnancy. Seeing as my OPKs have been so unexpected, is it possible they have been detecting pregnancy instead of ovulation?  I don’t temp, so no way of knowing anything there.

I certainly don’t look or feel pregnant and if the January OPKs were actually pregnancy positives, I would be 10 weeks pregnant by now, so you’d think I’d know something!  

I have a pregnancy test in the cabinet. Is it worth taking or am I just fooling myself?

If we think I’m fooling myself, might as well add me to the calendar again for Feb 27!

Post # 230
1308 posts
Bumble bee

smiles4jo :  What was AF like? if it was just light and mostly spotty, then that may be a possibility. However, I can get misleading OPKs because of my hormones attributed to PCOS. One anovulatory cycle I had a digital OPK reader and got 5 days of “high” with no peak so unfortuanately for me, temping is the only way I can confirm O but again, my hormones are super wacky. Have you been checked for hormonal imbalances? Otherwise, FX that youʻre actually Oʻing early or have BFP coming!

Post # 231
775 posts
Busy bee

AF did seem fairly normal, so I’m not holding out much hope!

I’ve had my hormones checked and ultrasound and nothing that would point to anything hormonal.  I have temped in the past and it always just confirmed what the OPKs were saying, so I’m fairly confident the OPKs are correct.

I think the logical conclusion is that my cycle is changing and starting to be earlier and I should take this as what it is. 

Which actually sucks cause I wasn’t expecting it this early and hubby and I haven’t done anything for the last few days! Sigh…

danakxox :  

Post # 232
1118 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Dfitzy :  ahhhhhh I feel like I see a hint of something!! Test again tonight – my tests were much darker in the evenings.

Post # 233
1308 posts
Bumble bee

smiles4jo :  surprise Oʻs can definitely throw a wrench in BDʻing! However, I would be STOKED if I started oʻing that early naturally and could actually POAS every month. Just make sure itʻs after CD10, before that is said to be too early for a mature egg 🙂 FX you catch it next cycle!!

Post # 234
2671 posts
Sugar bee

pearshampoo :  it is so insane what the mind does during these times. I try to stay calm and then I can’t. It falls apart the second something “normal” happens with my body, as in if I ovulate or something. It gives me more hope and it flies off the handle. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not much we can do. Lol. 

Post # 235
3305 posts
Sugar bee

smiles4jo :  I’d say it’s probably your cycle changing on it’s own. That said, I have been guilty of peeing on hpts during and after AF just to be sure 🤦‍♀️ haha

How late do you normally O? It’s great you’ve O’ed earlier the last 2 cycles 😊

Post # 236
3305 posts
Sugar bee

tulipdazey :  I’m still waiting to O and given my 18 day LP on Femara last cycle, I won’t be poas in February! Rolling over to March.

Post # 237
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Dfitzy :  I think I see something. But I do get line eyes. Hoping so much for you that this will be it. 

Post # 238
653 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

smiles4jo :  I think you said you’re using digital OPKS?  I have heard of the “readers” (I’m not sure if that’s the correct term the digital part that shows the smiley face or circle) not working after a while.  When you get a new box of opks are you just using the new sticks to pee on and using the same old reader?  If so I’ve heard of them always showing positive no matter what, it’s better to use the new one with each box.

sleepymelis :  LOL I did test last night, the line looks much more noticable to me!  I was out of FRER’s for this morning, I used a cheapie and got a dye run which gave a false positive (it wasn’t in the right place and then disapeered) I can still see the lightest line ever on the cheapy but I’m buying more FRER today.  Here’s last nights test if you want to take a look.  

Post # 239
775 posts
Busy bee

Dfitzy :  That’s interesting about the test reader thing.  Last month, I was re-using an old reader, but this time, I used the new one.  I’ll make sure I do that in the future.

I’ve been using OPKs for about 6 months now. The first 3 months, I Oed around CD20. The last three months though, it’s been getting earlier and earlier and I’m now a whole week earlier on CD13!

Dfitzy :  I totally think I see a squinter there!  Fingers crossed!

RaccoonKitty :  I’ve been using OPKs for about 6 months now. The first 3 months, I Oed around CD20. The last three months though, it’s been getting earlier and earlier and I’m now a whole week earlier on CD13!  My LP can go 16-17 days also, so I get how frustrating a long LP is cause it makes the TWW so long!

Post # 240
653 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

smiles4jo :  It sounds like your lp is getting longer though!  That’s great news!  Thanks, I hope it keeps getting darker.  

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors