February 2019 POAS – The Infertility Edition! (6+ Months TTC + Other Issues)

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 256
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

View original reply
pearshampoo :  how many DPO are you now?

I’m 6DPO. Perfect BD timing as usual but I never have the urge to test but that’s normally because I start cramping 8 days before AF (even though all endo was removed). 

We have so many friends having babies this year and today I had to go and buy two presents for friends due next month. Made me a little sad.

Post # 257
694 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2016

View original reply
EllyAnne :  I hate buying people baby gifts. I totally get it. 

So so I tested again this morning. Beta is tomorrow, stark white negative. I’m sure my beta will be negative too. I want to jump right into another transfer. We have 3 embryos left. I want to talk them into transferring two this time. 

Post # 258
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

EllyAnne :  I’m 6dp5dt at the moment and I know others have had faint positives at this time before so that is making me really want to test but I also kind of want to delay it if it is bad news so I am only dissapointed once. This TWW is a real test of the mind! 

I definitely feel you on the baby gifts, we have a sister in law, three of our best friends and my step sister all having babies this year and one of my friends is having twins. I am obviously happy for them but sometimes it feels like a cruel joke being played on us. 

Dfitzy :  aw I am sorry it is still negative, I was really rooting for you over the weekend. Do you know when your next transfer could be? We have to take a cycle off in between each one. I don’t see why though, they say to let me have a natural cycle but I don’t ovulate so have to take provera to bring on a period anyway so what is the point. 

Post # 260
694 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
pearshampoo :  I’m not sure. I was so certain this would work since we are male factor, I thought once we had a fertilized egg we would have no problems. I didn’t ask the RE because I never in a million years thought it wouldn’t work.  I did ask the nurse that took my blood this morning and she said sometimes they start you right away and sometimes you have to wait till you get your period. Not sure how they would start you right away 🤷🏼‍♀️  She said the dr will call me later with beta results and we can talk about it then. Still waiting on that call. 

View original reply
tulipdazey :  thanks. I’m sure that will be negative. Went this morning for bloodwork and I also POAS this morning it was a bfn. Haven’t heard from beta yet but I’m sure it will be negative. 

We we decided that we want to try again ASAP though. I also want to talk them into transferring 2 instead of one this time. Maybe then at least one of them will stick. 

Post # 261
74 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
Dfitzy :  aw I’m really sorry, it’s so hard when we get our hopes up. I know it will work for you, I know you wanted it to be this time but the odds per transfer still aren’t really in our favour even with everything we go through but the odds of it working for one of your four embies are really good. Sorry, I am getting very statistical in my google searches lately! FX for either a surprise beta or for a quick turnaround for next transfer. 

Post # 262
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
Dfitzy :  argh I’m so sorry to hear this. You’re so scared to have hope yet you can’t help but hold on to hope with all of this. I hope your doctor has something up their sleeve for your next transfer.

Post # 263
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

View original reply
Dfitzy :  Sorry to read this! Do they totally leave the decision to you to transfer one or two? Our clinic that we should be going back to in April said they’ll only transfer one but never really explained why. 

Post # 264
694 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
EllyAnne :  they said they are only doing one last time and I didn’t fight them on it, and that they only do one if under 35. If they recommend that again this time I think I wanna will fight them on it. They are my embryos and it’s my body and I’ll be 35 this year. I feel like I should be able to transfer two. 

Post # 265
765 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Dfitzy :  I’m so sorry. Hopefully you can transfer two next time. Hugs to you!

Post # 268
2404 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
tulipdazey :  af came yesterday, rolling over to march

Post # 270
74 posts
Worker bee

So I caved and POAS on Thursday! Then again on Friday and the line didn’t get darker so I freaked out then read it can take 31-72hrs for HCG to double so waited until this morning. Took another FRER this morning and it was lighter than Friday, queue another freak out. 

Then I took a boots digital, a cheapie and a clear blue how many weeks. They are all clearly positive and the CB says 2-3 weeks which is where it should be so I’m pregnant! I’m still freaking out about everything but going to stop POAS now. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors