February 2020 Babies

posted 2 weeks ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Location

Can’t believe I’m posting this…

How old are you and DH? 28/30

How far along are you? 10DPO today. 3+3 according to the internet but I didn’t ovulate until CD27 so can’t go by LMP. 

Estimated Due Date? 20-02-2020 (yes I love it!)

What baby # is this? 1!

How many cycles trying? First! Can’t believe it. Was gearing up for infertility due to my irregular cycles and my husband’s varicocele…

When did you get your BFP? Yesterday 9DPO on easyhome, FRER, and clearblue digital

Who have you told? Just my husband

When do you plan to tell other people? Not sure yet…

How did you tell your partner? Just got him to come look at the test lol, but we both had a feeling because I usually start spotting at 6-7DPO and that didn’t happen. 

Any symptoms? Nothing at all. 

What are you most excited about? Starting a family!!! I have to be honest, I don’t love babies :S lol but we’ve always wanted kids so gotta just get through the first year! Worrying about how the dog will adapt. 

When is your first appointment? Going to call tomorrow. Still haven’t decided if I want to be followed by a doctor or midwife (in Canada, bot are covered)

When are you planning on finding out the sex? He wants to know asap, I want to wait…so we’ll see lol

Post # 17
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2019

How old are you and partner? I am 36 and he’s 37

How far along are you? 4w4d

Estimated Due Date? 14 Feb 2020Valentine’s Day smile

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 0 * We were not trying nor were we preventing. Been using the pull out method for 1.5 years….and he’d only ejaculate inside of me during “safe times”.

When did you get your BFP? 7 June….then negative at Dr on 8 June…and another BFP today, 11 June

Who have you told? My partner and my momma

When do you plan to tell other people? When I am in my 2nd trimester….BUT…I will tell my dad this week…and my bestfriend this week or after my first prenatal visit

How did you tell your partner? On 7 June… I went “all around the world” according to him. Lol. We were sitting on the bed and I said a long version of something like “The unexpected has happened. Guess the time wasn’t as safe as we thought for u to cum inside of me” and then I showed him the HPT. I went to doc the next day and got a BFN and ended up crying to my partner. Plan was to wait another 2 weeks and go back….but today I bought another test and got another BFP. I haven’t told him about it yet but I will soon!

Any symptoms?  Cramps, spotting (it’s since stopped), nausea, sore nipples and tiredness.

What are you most excited about? I don’t even know. I am a pessimist…so though I am happy…I don’t wanna get tooooooo excited too soon…

When is your first appointment? 5 July – the 8 week mark

When are you planning on finding out the sex? ASAPlaughing

Post # 18
625 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

How old are you and DH? 39… If all goes well, this LO could arrive the week of my 40th! (OMG)

How far along are you? 4w2d

Estimated Due Date? Feb. 17

What baby # is this? Second 🙂

How many cycles trying? 1! (in shock… conceiving my son was not remotely easy)

When did you get your BFP? 14 DPO (held off before testing!)

Who have you told? My husband and my Sept. 2017 due date group. We still talk almost every day!

When do you plan to tell other people? I’m seeing one of my best friends soon and I’m going to tell her then. Parents and SIL sometime during the first tri but not much planned beyond that. Everyone else, second trimester.

How did you tell your partner? He came home after getting our son from daycare and was about to eat a snack when I was like, “Wait, I have to talk to you about something.” He goes, “Oh, you’re not pregnant?” Me: “Actually, I AM pregnant.”

Any symptoms?  A little cramping a week or so ago, slightly sore boobs now. 

What are you most excited about? Finding out the sex and holding that baby! 🙂

When is your first appointment? Haven’t even called yet

When are you planning on finding out the sex? With NIPT testing so around 10-12 weeks

Post # 19
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Location

Hey everyone! Who’s getting their husband a Father’s Day gift? I hadn’t thought about one but then he mentioned it yesterday🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m still only 3 weeks, it feels to lo early, but he’s soooo excited so I can’t NOT now haha. Any simple suggestions that I can put together in the next couple of days? 

Post # 20
2090 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

jayrock :  A lit different since my husband doesn’t know yet, but I bought him a onesie from his favorite sports team and that is how I will announce to him on father’s day. I did amazon prime and one day shipping was thankfully free so it should be here tomorrow…..I am not sure I will be able to hold out until sunday to give it to him, though. 

Post # 21
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2010

How old are you and DH? 36

Estimated Due Date? 2/14

What baby # is this? 3

How many cycles trying? 2

Who have you told? Just my husband and my BFF

When do you plan to tell other people? My family in the next few days/weeks. Everyone else after 1st trimester 

How did you tell your partner? Sent him a picture of shirt that said Dad3

Any symptoms? Some nausea and my nipples are a little sensitive when my youngest latches on at first  

What are you most excited about? Getting to see the first ultrasound to make this all feel real!

When is your first appointment? Haven’t scheduled yet  

When are you planning on finding out the sex? At the anatomy scan 

Post # 22
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2019

How old are you and DH? 32/39

How far along are you? according to my (multiple) apps, 4 weeks and 1 day

Estimated Due Date? 21/02/2020

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? 13/06 (twice)

Who have you told? Husband, my parents, his parents, his brother and SIL, my sisters

When do you plan to tell other people? 12 weeks mark

How did you tell your partner? he was with me when I took the tests

Any symptoms? sore boobs on the sides, light cramps a week before expected period date, my cat kneading my belly and being super affectionate, light nausea around conception date

What are you most excited about? at the moment I am still terrified that this might not go well! I can’t wait to see the first ultrasound

When is your first appointment? Haven’t booked it yet

When are you planning on finding out the sex? no idea!

Post # 23
2090 posts
Buzzing bee

How old are you and DH? 34/35

How far along are you? 4 weeks

Estimated Due Date? 2/20 I think according to a few online calculators

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? oh gosh, 3 1/2 years, 6 failed iuis, pregnant on our 5th IVF cycle – lost count a long time ago

When did you get your BFP? Thursday 6/13

Who have you told? so far just my husband and my friend who knew we had done our IVF transfer 

When do you plan to tell other people?  Will tell my family when I am visiting in 2 weeks, and then big extended family reveal at the end of august at a cookout. I am hoping to hold out on telling most people until after we’ve been released by the fertility clinic 

How did you tell your partner? I gave him an early father’s day gift, a onesie with his favorite sports team and the pregnancy test. 

Any symptoms? peeing a lot, feel like my boobs have already grown a cup at least!

What are you most excited about?  picking a name, celebrating with my friends and family who have been rooting for us for so long, and decorating the nursery. Also, if i am being honest, looking forward to asking the Dr. if I can have coffee again (told to cut out caffeine during 2ww)

When is your first appointment? getting beta test on Monday to test hcg levels, i think the fertility clinic will do an early ultrasound at 6-7 weeks

When are you planning on finding out the sex?  oh as soon as humanely possible so the blood test at 10 weeks. I can’t wait to start buying stuff – been waiting for this for SO long. Had to stop myself from wandering around buy buy baby while running errands today! 

Post # 24
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

How old are you and DH?

27 and 28

How far along are you?

7 weeks

Estimated Due Date?

2/2/20

What baby # is this?

first

How many cycles trying?

When did you get your BFP?

may 23rd

Who have you told?

my best friend and my husband 

When do you plan to tell other people? 

parents and siblings 10 weeks, public 14 weeks

How did you tell your partner?

ran to him so fast and showed him the stick and I was crying lol! 

Any symptoms?

FATIGUE FATIGUE FATIGUE. Sore breasts and dry heaving 

What are you most excited about?

decoratinf the nursery 

When is your first appointment?

it was a few days ago <3 mesuring just under 7 weeks and a heart rate of 125

When are you planning on finding out the sex? 

14 week 3D/4D scan

Post # 25
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

How old are you and DH? I’m 38, Darling Husband is 37

How far along are you? 3 weeks, 6 days 

Estimated Due Date? According to my app, Feb 22

What baby # is this? First!

How many cycles trying?  We’ve been on the fertility train for 19 months now, and I got pregnant via IVF.  In the last 19 months, I’ve had 4 egg retrievals, 2 surgeries for endo, and this was our first FET!!  It’s been an incredibly long, hard, and very expensive journey to get here, we are just really scared that something will go wrong.  Praying every day!!

When did you get your BFP? 6/13

Who have you told? Besides my husband, my parents, 2 friends, and 2 colleagues that have covered me at work while I went to all of my doctors appointments.  

When do you plan to tell other people?  Not until we are well into the second trimester 

How did you tell your partner?  Well, there wasn’t much of a surprise, because he saw the embryos go in! 

Any symptoms?  I’ve had cramping since the day of my FET, as well as low back pain and sore boobs.  I’m also taking supplemental progesterone, so that could be it too.  

What are you most excited about?  I’m way too scared to be excited yet.  When you’ve invested as much as we have, and had as many failures, I’m not getting excited about anything yet.  

When is your first appointment?  I believe at 5 weeks.  I stay with the fertility clinic until 10 weeks, then get released to my regular OB.  

When are you planning on finding out the sex? As soon as we can!!!

Post # 26
2090 posts
Buzzing bee

pigpug10 :  YAY! congrats! Your story sounds similar to mine! We’ve done 4 egg retrievals and got pregnant from our first FET as well! It looks like our due dates will be pretty close, too! My transfer was the 4th! Have you had your beta yet? Mine is tomorrow and it’s so nerve wracking! 

Post # 27
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

littleanchor :  We do have very similar stories, because my FET was on the 4th as well!!  My beta is Tuesday and the wait is killing me!  I’ve been testing every day!!  How many embryos did you put in?  We put 3, and I wouldn’t be mad if we got twins!

Post # 28
2090 posts
Buzzing bee

pigpug10 :  My husband laughed at me when I used up the last of my tests yesterday – if I had more, I would’ve kept testing. But, my line was pretty dark on Thursday so the line isn’t getting any darker at this point!  Still don’t believe it! We only put back 1. I was so paranoid it wouldn’t work because we had 4 failed fresh transfers and only 3 frozen embryos from all 4 rounds. I felt much better knowing we had 2 more in the freezer. My dr. recommended 2 but we decided on 1 and I guess that was a good call since it worked!  I wouldn’t have minded twins, either! I have 3 close friends this year who had or are having twins! Physically, though, I can’t imagine carrying twins. I’m pretty petite (only 5’2). Fingers crossed for your beta on Tuesday! 

Post # 29
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

How far along are you? 4 weeks on the dot

Estimated Due Date? According to my app, 2/24/20

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 1!! I can’t believe it…we’re happy, or course, but we started trying a little earlier than planned because we didn’t think it would happen on the first try. As a teacher, I was shooting for a late march/April baby, but I’m thrilled that it happened so easily for us (hoping it sticks!). 

When did you get your BFP? Last night, 6/17, at 14 DPO.

Who have you told? Just Darling Husband. I know I’ll be telling my best friend tonight…there’s no way that she won’t pick up on my non-drinking during our bachelorette watch party. 😂

When do you plan to tell other people? Not for a few weeks. I want to get into the doctor and make sure this is a sticky bean before getting everyone excited. 

How did you tell your partner? I took the first test right before getting into the shower and wanted to show him, but he was in the other bathroom…I was already in the shower when he came in and I just poked my head out and pointed to the test on the counter. He looked at it for a few seconds and then said “that’s good, right?” 😂

Any symptoms? I’ve been more lightheaded getting up from prone positions, but that’s been happening this whole month, so it might not be related. I have had a decent amount of cramping- they feel like AF cramps, which is why I was surprised when my tests came up blazing positive. More peeing during the night as well. 

What are you most excited about? Just having my own baby…and seeing my sweet stepdaughter with the baby. She’s 11 and has been not-so-subtly asking for a baby to play with lately. I just hope she has a positive reaction when we tell her…😬

When is your first appointment? Not that far yet- I’ll be calling my OB’s office today. 

When are you planning on finding out the sex? At the anatomy scan, most likely. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors