posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 31
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Roll Call!

How old are you and DH? I’m 28 and he’s 30

How far along are you? ummm 3w5d haha

Estimated Due Date? Feb 26, 2020 (but hoping for a leap day baby!)

What baby # is this? #3!!

How many cycles trying? this was cycle 22.

When did you get your BFP? yesterday at 11dpo! 

Who have you told? just my hubby. We will tell our immediate family over the next few weeks.

When do you plan to tell other people? Beyond our immediate family, we will tell people after we hear the heartbeat.

How did you tell your partner? So unexciting… when he got home from work, I just said “Ummm so I did a thing today…” and handed him the test haha. 

Any symptoms? Not really… just blue veins on my boobs and I’ve had some weird cramping since 4dpo. But nothing like with my first (insane mood swings and exhaustion) or my second (vomiting starting at 9dpo, which turned into a severe case of hyperemesis gravidarum)

What are you most excited about? Seeing my daughter become a big sister, and getting some newborn snuggles again. Also, my SIL is pregnant with her third as well and due exactly 4 weeks before me. We’ve never been pregnant at the same time so I’m looking forward to that.

When is your first appointment? I haven’t scheduled it yet, but likely around 7weeks.

When are you planning on finding out the sex? Undecided… if we do find out, it will be from the NIPT at 10 weeks, otherwise we will be team green. since we already have a boy and a girl, I kind of would like to be surprised.

Post # 33
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

This is my very first post here and just wanted to say hi to everyone!  Reading the boards really helped me through my TWW!

How old are you and DH?  38/39

How far along are you?  3w2d

Estimated Due Date?  February 29!  Leap year baby!

What baby # is this?  First for both

How many cycles trying?  3

When did you get your BFP?  June 17

Who have you told?  My DH and my bff

When do you plan to tell other people?  My parents this weekend, his parents shortly after, siblings after our appointment in July  Everyone else after the first tri  

How did you tell your partner?  Got him a belated Father’s Day cake 

Any symptoms?  None before today  mild cramping, sore boobs by armpits

What are you most excited about?  Telling my parents.  They will freak!  Talking about names, being a family  

When is your first appointment?  Mid July

When are you planning on finding out the sex? Birth!

Post # 34
1646 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

View original reply
pigpug10 :  Just checking in to see how beta went today!! 

Post # 36
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
littleanchor :  I don’t know yet!!!  I do my lab work at an independent lab since my clinic is 2 1/2 hours away.  I did it this morning, but I won’t get results until late this afternoon or tomorrow morning.  The waiting is the worst!!!

Post # 37
57 posts
Worker bee

I’m so excited to be here. This is my second pregnancy – my first ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks. DH & I have been TTC for two years. Both pregnancies happened after taking Clomid. We’re excited/terrified of having twins πŸ˜‚

Roll Call!

How old are you and DH? We’re both 26

How far along are you? 7 weeks today

Estimated Due Date? Feb 6th

What baby # is this? 1&2 -TWINS πŸ˜€

How many cycles trying? Two years! 

When did you get your BFP? May 24th

Who have you told? Parents & a few family members 

When do you plan to tell other people? Not soon

How did you tell your partner? He was with me when I took the test

Any symptoms? All the nausea & exhaustion

What are you most excited about? Two babies! πŸ˜€

When is your first appointment? July 9th

When are you planning on finding out the sex? ASAP 

Post # 39
3997 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Roll Call!

How old are you and DH? We’re both 28

How far along are you? 5 weeks

Estimated Due Date? 02/20/2020 πŸ™‚

What baby # is this? 2nd!

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? 9 DPO

Who have you told? My husband and the mamas in my first month group

When do you plan to tell other people? We’re planning on telling my parents and our siblings next week, DS closer to 11 or 12 weeks after an ultrasound, and other family/friends at 13 weeks.

How did you tell your partner? A few days before my BFP, he was joking about how weird blank greeting cards can be so I grabbed a random blank card we had around the house and wrote “roses are red, violets are blue, I chose this blank card to tell you…. I’m pregnant!” and then added the due date at the bottom. I showed him the positive test after he read the card.

Any symptoms? Tired, some headaches, bloating, and a bit of nausea here and there throughout the day.

What are you most excited about?
Experiencing pregnancy again, having a bump again, and watching our sweet LO become a big brother. I’m also excited (and a bit nervous) about tandem nursing. The timing of this pregnancy was so ideal that it feels really meant to be, but also too good to be true!

When is your first appointment? July 2nd with our midwife (FX for another home birth!)

When are you planning on finding out the sex? My husband is hoping to be team green and I’m hoping to pay for the Panorama test to find out earlier than last time (we found out at the anatomy scan with our first) haha.

Post # 40
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Hi!! So excited to join this group! I totally followed the charters when I was trying with first but this is my first time joining. 

How old are you and DH? I’m 32 and he’s 34

How far along are you? 5 weeks

Estimated Due Date? Feb 20

What baby # is this? 2

When did you get your BFP? 10dpo/June 10

Who have you told? My husband, a few close friends from my baby group

When do you plan to tell other people? Family in a few weeks…. my husband wants to tell everyone but it’s all a waiting game anyways so I’d rather do some waiting in peace.   We will go public after our first ultrasound around 12 weeks. We bought a “Big Sister” shirt for our daughter  

How did you tell your partner? I think I texted him

Any symptoms? Enhanced smell, more appetite.   Maybe some mild uterine stretching tonight

What are you most excited about? Omg another squishy baby

When is your first appointment? I saw my GP for some paperwork on Tuesday.  I go back at 8 weeks for a physical and referral to prenatal care. I was previously with a low risk maternity clinic.  

When are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes! I can’t wait to find out.  I wanted to do the NIPT but it wasn’t covered by insurance, so we’ll find out at the anatomy scan at 20 weeks.

Congrats to everyone here! I can’t wait to go in and get a heartbeat or ultrasound or something.   Waiting sucks

Post # 41
3997 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
natbrown0703 :  Messaged you! πŸ™‚

Post # 42
60 posts
Worker bee

Hello everyone! Hesitantly joining this board even though I’m still not quite sure I believe in this pregnancy yet!

How old are you and DH? 34 and 38

How far along are you? 5w4d by LMP, although I only got a BFP at 4w3d so I think I probably ovulated late

Estimated Due Date? 18/02/2010 by LMP, but I’m expecting it to be adjusted to a few days later

What baby # is this? 2

When did you get your BFP? 14/06 – three long days after my missed period! I couldn’t resist retaking them over the next few days and they’ve been getting stronger, so fingers crossed it’s just a late ovulation and/or implantation!

Who have you told? Just my husband and my GP

When do you plan to tell other people? We will get an early scan around 7 weeks; if everything looks on track we may tell close family and friends fairly soon after

How did you tell your partner? Well! I thought I was having a chemical so was worrying over my faint positives, spotting and lack of a period for a few days; it was only when I got a positive digital and saw the lines getting stronger that we thought it might be sticking around!

Any symptoms? A bit queasy and tired; I’ve also had light spotting on and off since just before my BFP; not loving that but trying to just relax and rest (very difficult with a toddler!)

What are you most excited about? Can’t wait to see our little girl become a big sister! Also can’t wait for this embryo to (hopefully) grow big and healthy as right now I’m still paranoid I might lose it

When is your first appointment? Here in the UK you don’t normally get an appointment until 10+ weeks, and no scan until 12 weeks, but we’re paying for an early scan in 2 weeks’ time

When are you planning on finding out the sex? We might do the NIPT, in which case we’ll find out then πŸ™‚

Post # 43
3 posts
Wannabee

How is your first trimester going? It’s so slow here, and I haven’t told many people.  I don’t feel like crap (yet) but I’m expecting it to hit me in the next week. 

Im a second time mom, and trying to decide what we need to buy since we already have a lot of gear.  I’m thinking nursery furniture, crib/mattress, dresser, a new video camera and a new white noise machine.  Since we have plenty of time, I plan to wait until Black Friday and do a big purchase when everything is on sale. 

What are your absolute favourite baby products? 

Post # 44
60 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
mommabee2 :  The white noise machine is high on our list – we use it daily! I’m also a second-timer and I actually think we have most things we need already, at least for the first few months. I will probably end up buying some new clothes just for fun, but otherwise we’re pretty set with a car seat, baby clothes, toys, crib… I might shell out on a fancy carrier as the one we have was crap for our daughter when she was a newborn. 

My first trimester is going meh so far. Because it started so weirdly with the timing being all off and I’ve had spotting throughout, I’m not in the best headspace. We’ve also had a busy week since we found out, with several social engagements that I’d rather avoid (both because I’m tired and because avoiding drinking without it being noticeable is a pain). Can’t wait to have had a scan to hopefully confirm it’s all in the right place and growing normally!

Post # 45
3 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
fleabagftw :  ya, we will likely buy a few clothes, and I am itching to buy new cloth diapers. I need to wait until my anatomy scan to find out if it’s a girl or boy so it’s all waiting right now. 

I sound like a shill for Hatch, but we love the Hatch Baby Rest. It is expensive but it works awesome as a sound machine, plus it turns into an Ok-to-wake clock in the future. We also have the Hatch Baby Grow which is a changing pad and baby scale.  Once again, it’s an expensive changing pad, but I looks slick and I didn’t need to buy any washable covers.  And my daughter lost weight at 4 months due to low milk supply so we used it for weighted feedings for about 12 months 4-10 times per day. That scale was probably my favourite purchase. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors