FEBRUARY 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)

posted 3 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 2
3817 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

redroses76 :  What a month January was! I’m here for the company (as usual) while I wait for my FET since I won’t have a POAS or beta date until early April at this point. Right around my birthday…  

Your age/partner’s age: 28/48

Baby #: Long awaited first child

Cycles TTC: It’s been 2 years. We got my husband’s azoospermia diagnosis during cycle 6. 

Current CD/DPO: Should be getting my first period post egg retrieval in the next few days. 

Usual cycle length: 28 -30 days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): N/A

POAS/Beta day: April something lol

Known fertility issues: severe male factor

BFP plan: Nothing in particular at this point. Just the usual eating well, getting back into exercise now that my ovaries are calming down, etc.. 

Trying anything new this month?: I’ll start birth control in a little over a week and then Lupron shots toward the end of the month in preparation for my FET. 

For fun – do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? What will you do to celebrate your relationship this month that doesn’t involve TTC? 

We do celebrate and every year is a little different. Sometimes we go out to dinner, sometimes we stay in and hubby cooks my favorite meal. A couple of years ago we had a nice dinner out at the Skylon Tower (in the rotating restaurant that overlooks Niagara Falls) and then went to a Boys II Men concert, which was extra romantic because they sang at our wedding. I don’t know what we’ll do this year. I’d be fine with wine, steak, and potatoes at home. And a cake from our favorite bakery. I think I’ve decided! lol   

Post # 3
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

redroses76 :  thank you for starting this thread! I was on the fence, it will either be a great month for me or a super rough one 😬.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age:  35/42

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: since August 2017

Current CD/DPO: CD13.  “1dpo”, day 1 of progesterone for my fet

Usual cycle length: 28 d

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind):  fet on Feb 6th

POAS/Beta day:  feb 20 beta

Known fertility issues: unexplained/endometrial factor

BFP plan:  this is the furthest we’ve ever come.  My lining was up to 7.0-7.3 mm yesterday, so started P today. 

Trying anything new this month?:

For fun – do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? What will you do to celebrate your relationship this month that doesn’t involve TTC?  Haha haven’t even thought far enough ahead to think of v day! My husbands bday is tomorrow as well.

Post # 5
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Your age/partner’s age: 27/27

Baby #:1

Cycles TTC:16

Current CD/DPO: 10

Usual cycle length: usually 30+ 

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): February 7th or 8th

POAS/Beta day: February 25th

Known fertility issues: PCOS and low motility

BFP plan: 4th round of letrozole monitored

Trying anything new this month?: nope

For fun – do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? What will you do to celebrate your relationship this month that doesn’t involve TTC?:

My birthday happens to be Monday so we are going to the spa which will be nice. However, we don’t do much on actual Valentines days. He usually buys me Roses and I buy him chocolate and we keep it low key.

Post # 6
521 posts
Busy bee

anev :  I said this on your other boars but wanted to say again  I am so happy for you! 

Post # 7
906 posts
Busy bee

Your age/partner’s age: 30/35

Cycles TTC: since Sept 2018

Current CD/DPO: CD 14

Usual cycle length: alllll over the place (thanks PCOS) but more like 30 now with letrozole

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): I’ll trigger Feb 3

POAS/Beta day: Feb 17

Known fertility issues: PCOS. HSG and SAs were done this month and every thing came back normal.

BFP plan: This is our fourth round of letrozole. I’ll trigger tomorrow evening and then we wait! 

Trying anything new this month?: BD ED instead of EOD.  Drinking more wine and doing whatever workouts I want lol. I’ve been stressed and I’m just gonna say screw it this month and see what happens. 

For fun – do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? What will you do to celebrate your relationship this month that doesn’t involve TTC? We’re not really Valentine’s Day people but I do like flowers!

I had my CD 12 testing on Friday and had one 16mm follicle, and my lining was 6.9. They asked me to come back this morning for another ultrasound. Today it was 19mm but my lining is only 5.3?! I’m kind of inclined to believe the earlier measurement. That one was taken by the ultrasound tech, who does these day in and day out. This morning I had the fellow (in the US that’s a brand new doc right out of residency) and I just kind of feel like the ultrasound tech knows more about the scans than the doctor does. Also…5.3 if accurate would be a big bummer. 

Post # 8
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 35/35

Baby #:1

Cycles TTC:13

Current CD/DPO: CD22, 1 DPO

Usual cycle length: 30ish days, but I ovulated really late this month so I’d expect at least 35 days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Feb 2nd

POAS/Beta day: Feb 18 for betas, will probably POAS on the weekend before that

Known fertility issues: Mysterious

BFP plan: Monitored cycle with letrozole and prometrium

Trying anything new this month?: Upped the letrozole dose

For fun – do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? What will you do to celebrate your relationship this month that doesn’t involve TTC? 

We generally don’t make a huge deal out of V-day — we usually just make a point of having a nice dinner together at home. But this year we’re doing something big that day: moving into our new home! We’ve been renting the same place since we moved in together ten years ago, and we were finally able to buy last summer. We bought a super fixer-upper, and have been managing a pretty intense renovation for almost eight months, which is nearly done at last. I honestly can’t think of anything more romantic than eating a takeout pizza at our new kitchen counter with my husband! 

Post # 9
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I was waiting for my scan this morning before roll calling as I didn’t want to jinx anything for my upcoming FET, but thankfully all looks ok so far!  This will hopefully be my first actual POAS shot in a long time.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age:  36/43

Cycles TTC: Just realized we’re coming up on 4 years (on and off)

Current CD/DPO: Day 15 of Estradiol.  I’m starting progesterone on Wednesday so perhaps this is technically O-1?

Usual cycle length: all over the map (PCOS), 30-150 days

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind):  FET on February 10

POAS/Beta day: Feb 19 (first beta)

Known fertility issues: PCOS + MFI

BFP plan: FET

Trying anything new this month?: First FET after a freeze-all IVF retreival in December

For fun – do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? What will you do to celebrate your relationship this month that doesn’t involve TTC?  We almost never celebrate Valentines Day, but given that I’ll hopefully be PUPO at that point, I might plan something fun just for a distraction, we’ll see.   

Post # 10
258 posts
Helper bee

ladyvictoria :  Holdup, did you just say Boys II Men sang at your wedding?!

Post # 11
3817 posts
Honey bee

denkyem :  Yes! I’m sure my wedding recap thread is still on here somewhere. I got married on Good Morning America as a part of their 100 Weddings Worldwide event in 2016. Ours was the grand finale and there were about 15 other couples who got married that morning. Among many of the wonderful surprises that morning were Boys II Men performing our first dances. 

Boys_II_Men

Post # 12
258 posts
Helper bee

ladyvictoria :  Oh, that’s awesome! I did find your wedding recap thread. What a cool experience 🙂 

Post # 13
521 posts
Busy bee

DogsAndWine :  I didnt realize we are both on round 4. Have they done trigger shots for each round? Im just on letrozole and thought triggers were only for procedures so I am intrigued. I am sorry to hear about your linning, hopefully it was a mistake by the newbie!

Post # 14
3817 posts
Honey bee

denkyem :  Thank you! It was so much fun and I can’t believe that it’s been almost 4 years. And between my first beta being just before my birthday and our anniversary at the end of the month, I’m hoping and praying that we have lots to celebrate this April!  

Post # 15
906 posts
Busy bee

mrsnitti17 :  hey! Hopefully round 4 is the lucky round for us! I didn’t do a trigger for the first two. Honestly I’m not exactly sure what the point is of a trigger for timed intercourse other than to make the timing easier? I ovulated 6-7 days after stopping the letrozole without the trigger so it’s not like I need the shot in order to ovulate. It is kind of nice being absolutely sure we won’t miss the window though but I think it’s more for convenience than anything. I’m very fortunate that my insurance covers everything but if it were expensive (or if I had side effects from it)  I probably wouldn’t bother with it. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors