FEBRUARY 2020 POAS – INFERTILITY EDITION (TTC 12+ MONTHS)

posted 3 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 32
4082 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

anev :  just popping in to wish you the best of luck!! Glad to hear the transfer happened. Wishing you all the best!!!!

af came on Saturday like clockwork after my first IUI so that was pretty shitty to see. Supposed to start the meds for my next IUI tmrw night… as long as they are delivered on time.

this time I’m prescribed follistim? It’s an injectable medicine, does anyone have any info about this particular medicine? It was pretty expensive. I know my RE prescribed this one instead of the letrozole because my lining was just under 6 and she wanted to get it thicker. 

my US today had 13 small follicles on right ovary and 4 on the left so they said I’m good to go. I’m really hoping this works….

Post # 33
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Cheekie0077 :  thanks!  Sorry to hear your first iui didn’t work :(.  Follistim is an ivf stim drug (like gonal F, puregon, etc) which should have a much more significant response than letrozole on your follicles.  The premise is that multiple follicles growi will produce substantially more natural estrogen, which should help to thicken your lining.

Post # 34
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Cheekie0077 :  Adding to PP, I took follistim as one of my stim drugs for IVF, so would definitely be a significant step up from Letrozole.  FWIW, I found Follistim to be the least difficult, least painful injection compared to everything else I took.  It is really expensive though, I think I paid ~$250/$300 for a daily dose, though they might have you on a lower dosage for IUI.  

Post # 35
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I just did my first FET this afternoon!  Perfect AA PGS-normal embryo, it was a bit traumatic though as the nurse was having a lot of trouble visualizing my uterus for the dr.  I ended up with two attending doctors doing the procedure together (and three other nurses in the room, quite the party!), so hopefully they got it right in the end.  My nerves are definitely shot after that though.  Now comes the fun waiting game…

Post # 36
4082 posts
Honey bee

anev :   scootersandwich :  thank you both for the info you provided. It makes sense that stimulating multiple follicles will produce more estrogen then hopefully increase the lining… and it’s good to hear that particular shot is not as painful as some of the others. I found the ovidril to be like nothing and I compare it to anything else so hopefully it’s around the same pain threshold…

what I am mostly worried about is the pain from the endo flaring up because of the higher levels of estrogen. I guess I’m just going to grin and bare it and hope it’s not too bad. 

and @anev I can’t wait to hear your update soon

@scootersandwich: I’ve kind of been out of the loop. Where are you in your journey this month? Hope all is well.

Post # 37
4082 posts
Honey bee

scootersandwich :  oh damn I missed your last update! Sorry to hear about the confusion but since there were that many people in the room helping out I would be feeling pretty hopeful and positive! Wishing you all the best and fingers crossed! 

Post # 38
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Happy Galentines Day to all the bee’s on this board. Just thought I would stop in during my TWW to say, I hope you are all doing well this cycle. I feel hopeful for the first time in awhile, (which may end crushing me in a week) but I am running with it!

Post # 39
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Well, today is 9dp5dt and BFN on a FRER.  So it looks like my beta on Tuesday will be negative, which is a super bummer.  My clinic won’t do back to back transfer cycles, so it looks like it will be end of March before we “try” again. We have 3 embryos left.

Post # 41
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

anev :  I’m really sorry to hear this 🙁 I’m hoping theres a slim chance it’s just not showing on the FRER. Hugs

Post # 42
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

ROLL CALL

I’ve been debating joining this group, but I think I’m ready now. I look forward to getting to know you ladies and hope none of us are around tooo long. 

Your age/partner’s age: 34/39

Baby #: 2

Cycles TTC: 14? 15?

Current CD/DPO: 15

Usual cycle length: 24-26

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): not totally sure. we usually just have sex EOD from CD 10-20. Temping never seems to work and I have some inexplicable hesitancy to use the giant box of OPKs I have. 

POAS/Beta day: 2/27

Known fertility issues: none known. I had a CP and an early miscarrage in the last year + of trying, so it seems like I can get pregnant, just that it takes A LOT. I was a little worried about my short cycles and asked the doctor. She ordered some tests and they came back normal (TSH, FSH, LH, and Prolactin). Doctor seemed to think I just got unlucky with non-viable pregnancies because of our ages. We’re in the middle of a cross country move so I haven’t dug any deeper yet, but I’m frustrated. We wanted two kids very close in age.

BFP plan: I flew with my son to my in-laws house on cycle date 12, so we had some very, very, early morning sex before I left. Darling Husband is driving with all of our stuff and should be here on CD16 late at night so our timing isn’t going to be super this month. no real plan.  

Trying anything new this month?: less sex? does that count?

For fun – do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? What will you do to celebrate your relationship this month that doesn’t involve TTC?

we are staying with the in-laws for two-ish weeks between when our lease was up and when Darling Husband starts his new job. This means we will have at least a couple date nights this month! We don’t live near family so we don’t really go out together without our son. I’m pretty excited about getting some time together. 

Post # 44
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

edroses76 :  thanks! Me too! I don’t have high hopes for this month with our timing and the stress around moving, but if things keep going the way they are I plan to do some more research. Hope this is your month!

Post # 45
906 posts
Busy bee

BFN today. So irritating!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors