February 2020 POAS

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 76
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2019

krm1984 :  I am alittle nervous about SMEPing, I am exhausted already and haven’t even started lol. Meanwhile Darling Husband is asking when do we start SMEPing, so eager! Hopefully that ethusiasm will help keep it fun 🙂 

Post # 77
392 posts
Helper bee

frenchtoastvegan :  I hear you, girlie.  It’s hard – I’m ovulating a little later than usual this cycle so we’ve been on the EOD schedule for a week already now.  I expect my blazing positive OPK tonight, it was close to .8 on the Premom app this morning.  I’m thinking about busting out my honeymoon bodysuit this go-round to spice things up, hehehe.  If we gotta do it, like you said, let’s try to keep it fun!!

Post # 78
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

5DPO and chomping at the bit to test… I saw a video that a woman makes herself a TWW kit with movies and a book she’s been wanting to read or an adult coloring book to help pass the time… I might make myself a kit 

Post # 79
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

NewlywedinRVA :  The kit sounds like a good idea.  I have zero chill, so I won’t buy FRER’s until at least 9dpo, but give myself full permission to be a POAS crazy at 7 with wondfos.

Post # 80
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

frenchtoastvegan :   krm1984 :  popping in to say I am completely feeling the same this month. I had every intention of doing SMEP but this week has been exhausting and it just hasn’t happened. I’m on CD11 with stark white opks so thankfully it looks like we’ve still got plenty of time. I guess that’s our wknd planned! And thanks for the reminder to keep it fun.. there is nothing less sexy than exhausted, unenthusiastic sex that you’re having because you “have” to! 

Post # 81
392 posts
Helper bee

mrsw88 :  Right?!  I sometimes debate how much to let hubby know.  I always tell him when I’m in my fertile week so he kind of knows in the back of his head it’s a “must,” but I don’t like being like “LEMME JUMP ON THAT THANG CUZ TIME’S A-TICKIN” because that’s super not hot.  So this time I’m trying to be a little more…suggestive? about it.  Like, hey, we’re in my window, but when it comes down to actually doing the deed, maybe being a little more nuanced/romantic.  Because I love him to pieces, but when it feels just like a DEED, it’s not really fun.

Good luck to all my ladies bangin’ it out this weekend! LOL

Post # 82
102 posts
Blushing bee

krm1984 :  Ah you post made me laugh! You’ve explained it perfectly though!

7 cycles in my husband has figured out the rough timing and sometimes I get a “do I need to save some energy for later” as he has a super physical job. 😂 I don’t think the planned bit bothers him! I guess it doesn’t mean I can’t still surprise him when he gets home though…

We’ve had a rough time since our wedding and I don’t want to lose that spark so I think it’s time to get abit more creative again.

Post # 83
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

This will be my 4th pregnancy (if we’re lucky enough to conceive), and they’ve taken 8 cycles, 4 cycles (mc), 10 cycles and now we’re on our 4th cycle for this babe.

Sometimes it’s sexy sex, but quite honestly, more than I’d like to admit it’s awful “can you finish yourself with a handjob and toss it in” kind of sex.

Post # 84
927 posts
Busy bee

krm1984 :   mrsw88 :  yes! the honeymoon suits! I have a few too that I want to hold on to when we both really need the inspiration, ha! Our main issue will be going to bed at a decent time to get the BD in. If it’s past 10pm I am usually down for the count as I get up at 5am. My husband hasn’t mind the planning bit, yet! I keep trying to BD outside the fertile week so he doesn’t feel like we only have sex to make a baby, even if that is our main goal. 

Post # 85
927 posts
Busy bee

bjenmomma :  I get that! When it’s go time in the FW I am not really worried about getting off, I want him to get it done! 

Post # 86
102 posts
Blushing bee

frenchtoastvegan : bjenmomma :  You’ve made me feel normal atleast!! I can totally relate to the time thing. I need to get up early and after about 10pm the only thing i’m interested in is sleep. The novelty and exitement of ttc has definitely worn off here.

Here’s to making the effort and having some fun this weekend! 😉 

Post # 87
392 posts
Helper bee

I just want to say that reading all your experiences makes me feel so much better that I’m not alone.  I feel like to the outside world, when someone announces a pregnancy, you don’t really visualize all this WORK that goes into making it happen, it’s all “Aw, how sweet, they’re so in love and now they’ll be a family!”  Well, yeah, but my back’s about broken from making it happen, Susan.

Post # 88
102 posts
Blushing bee

krm1984 :  It’s so difficult because it’s (understandably) not something people openly discuss. 

We’re currently just hanging out watching tv and husband has just brought me a second drink (10pm so totally acceptable here!) but not got one for himself because he knows he has to perform later and doesn’t want to jeopardise that! So sweet and I really appreciate how invested he is but this is not how I thought it’d be…

Post # 89
927 posts
Busy bee

krm1984 :  So. Much. Work. 

It’s true, and it doesn’t help when people get pregnant the first cycle or without trying, the realness of TTC should be talked about, that’s why I am thankful for this message board/thread. I really enjoy the learning about my body bit, the data, and the excitement of getting pregnant/having a baby but I never thought it would be like this either 

mrsw88 :  that is really sweet! I plan on enjoying more than one drink tonight since AF arrived today. 

Have fun this weekend bees! FX for all of us! 

Post # 90
102 posts
Blushing bee

frenchtoastvegan :  I’m sorry AF arrived. You definitely deserve those drinks. Hearing other bees experiences really puts things into perspective and makes you realise what you are going through is totally normal. It’s nice to be able to vent and share and discuss the details that would be way too tmi in real life.

FX feb is our lucky month.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors