February 2021 Mamas

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
167 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@boymama24:  thanks for starting and I couldn’t be happier to join you!

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 32/33

How far along are you? 3 weeks 3 days

Estimated Due Date? February 6th by LMP, Feb 3rd by ovulation date

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? This was the 4th

When did you get your BFP? first positive lines on 11dpo, BFP on 13dpo (today)

Who have you told? Husband and bff

When do you plan to tell other people? After the first ultrasound/confirmed heartbeat we’ll tell our families and close friends, everyone else 12-13 weeks

How did you tell your partner? Brought a cheapie to him in bed and made him look πŸ™‚

Any symptoms? Terrible break outs, frequent peeing, more tired, can smell everything

What are you most excited about? Literally everything! It doesn’t feel real!

When is your first appointment?  Phone appointment tomorrow 5/27, then in person around 8 weeks

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes! 

Post # 4
184 posts
Blushing bee

I’m just here feeling FOMO. 😩

Post # 6
167 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@boymama24:  thank you!

View original reply
@pelesaurus: ditto re @boymama. No need to MO, join us! Or join both! No board police around here πŸ™ƒ

Post # 7
27 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@m197500:  Haha you’ve convinced me too, I’m roll calling in both groups as I was to stay in touch with the ladies from Jan but also be able to chat with you ladies who are closer to my possible due date… So here goes

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? Both 29

How far along are you? 4 weeks 6 days

Estimated Due Date? February 2nd if I use my O day from FF which I’m pretty certian is correct, I O’d late this month on CD19 instead of CD14 so if I use my last period it puts my due date on Jan 29th but I think Feb 2nd is more likely.  

What baby # is this? 1st πŸ™‚ 

How many cycles trying? 3 cycles with a CP in March

When did you get your BFP? 13DPO on a FRER and 15DPO on a digital 

Who have you told? My husband only so far, I might tell my best friend today when I see her but I’m worried I’ll jinx it 

When do you plan to tell other people? I’m seeing my parents this weekend and I know that my mum will guess it as soon as she looks at me, she did that in March with my CP and I can’t keep secrets from her, then I will probably tell the in-laws next week or the week after and then everyone else maybe 12 weeks. 

How did you tell your partner? I wanted to wait and plan something cute with a onesie but I ended up caving and telling him at 3pm on DPO13 

Any symptoms? Tired, bloated, sore boobs, gassy (so many burps) and a little bit of mild nausea 

What are you most excited about? Everything! This is all so new πŸ™‚

When is your first appointment?  I am not sure what the process is but ill call the doctors next week

Are you planning on finding out the sex? No we want to have it as a surprise but who knows if I’ll be able to hold out that long

Anything else? I think thats about it! 

Post # 9
167 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@katier28:  YAY!!! 

When there are so few people to talk about this with right now, two groups can’t hurt. More the merrier and I’m sure the Jan ladies feel the same. πŸ₯³

Post # 10
184 posts
Blushing bee

OK I AM DOING IT!! 

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? Both 34/33

How far along are you? 4 weeks 6 days

Estimated Due Date? Jan 27th or Jan 29th depending on LMP vs last period.

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 4

When did you get your BFP? 9DPO on a whole bunch of cheapies.

Who have you told? My husband, WB, a couple good friends. 

When do you plan to tell other people? We will tell our parents after the viability scan at 8 weeks and then everyone else eventually. No social media announcements. 

How did you tell your partner? I called him and said “I’m pregnant!” SUPER romantic. SUPER creative. 

Any symptoms? Peeing a lot, tired a lot, and omg so many pimples. 

What are you most excited about? A TINY HUMAN. Really, really excited. Like I told the Jan group, my husband is blonde haired and blue eyed and I told him I wanted a blond haired blue eyed baby. I am Chinese. I hope he worked real hard, because otherwise I’m super excited to see my genes dominate. 

When is your first appointment?  June 22

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes

Anything else? I’m on the cusp and I just couldn’t be separated from all the May POAS so I’m roll calling both and am so excited. 

Post # 12
167 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@pelesaurus:  wooooooo! Glad you did it! 
Also I love that you told your husband you hope he “worked real hard” Hahahaaa

Post # 13
25 posts
Newbee

How old are you and partner? I am 28 (turning 29 in August) and hubs is 32

How far along are you? 4 weeks 2 days

Estimated Due Date? February 3rd

What baby # is this? 3

How many cycles trying? 2 

When did you get your BFP? Today at 12DPO

Who have you told? My husband, my mom, and two best friends 

When do you plan to tell other people? Hubs wants to tell his parents and sister’s family on Sunday after a family dinner we are having. The rest will probably be around 12-13 weeks. 

How did you tell your partner? I made a video of our daughters telling him that there is a baby in mommy’s tummy. 

Any symptoms? Sore boobs 

What are you most excited about? Completing our family and seeing my daughters with the baby. 

When is your first appointment?  July 28th…not until I am almost 13 weeks along since my OB is on vacation for two weeks before then. 

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes

Post # 14
167 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Alex04242015:  welcome bee! The video of your daughters sounds adorable. πŸ™‚

It’s been a few days since I last checked in – was freaking myself out over stories of losses so I took a break. Now, I’m reading about all the skin care ingredients to avoid, which basically means I’ve got to figure out all new cleanser, moisturizer, toner, Bb/Cc cream, and sunscreen and it’s overwhelming! And feels urgent since I don’t want to use what I have now. Anybody have good products to recommend?

Post # 15
184 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@m197500:  WHAT? The only thing I’m avoiding is retinols. (Didn’t even think that I needed to avoid anything else. Yikes.)

I’d take some of that with a grain of salt; how much of those products are actually going to be absorbed in meaningful amounts to harm baby? (Sunblock I can believe, though, because chemial sunblocks depend on reactions within your skin to be effective. Retinol also as above.) I am changing nothing else. My baby is going to come out with three noses. But I currently use DHC oil cleanser. Hada labo gokujyun lotion for toner. I stopped using BB cream and foundation mainly because I’m in healthcare and have to reuse masks and I find it gross to reuse a mask where I can visibly see the soil from my makeup. If I really need makeup or am not going to wear a mask, I am just using mineral powder at this point. I LOVE Etude House sunprise sunblock, which is a physical sunblock and does not rely on chemical reactions (as above). I don’t know what chemicals you’re trying to specifically avoid, but I have really liked Holika Holika Good Cera Toner as a light summer moisturizer; currently using DHC Rich Moisture. Can you tell I’m into Asian skincare? I just outed myself. It’s changed my skin. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors