(Closed) POAS February 2015

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 391
464 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
FutureMrsGG:  If you’ve been off BC since 2009 and have been having intercourse, then you’d definitely be able to sneak in there for some testing. 

View original reply
LiliKitty:  

It’s Fertility Centers of IL. It’s $90, actually. I believe it’s cash only for the check-up. And if you do decide to meet with an RE, Dr. Feinberg is amazing. Also, don’t know if you are aware because I wasn’t until I started looking into IVF, but if you work for a company of more than 25 people, your company is required to cover fertility treatments under the Illinois Family Building Act.

Dr. Patel

Post # 392
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
LiliKitty:  thanks!! Congrats to you too!

Post # 393
1521 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I went and bought a digital test today.  I just don’t feel AF coming and don’t know any other reason I’d be this late.

Which are more sensitive, FRER or digital?  I tested with a FRER this morning and it was BFN.  Also did a wondfo and the test line was barely there.  Do you ladies have good luck with wondfos?  They’re what I use for OPKs and they work just fine.

Post # 394
826 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
kb7:  FRERs are definitely more sensitive than digitals. I think even more sensitive than wondfos (but different people have differing experiences with that).

Post # 395
3337 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

View original reply
kb7:  FRERs are more sensitive than digitals. Wondfos are sensitive too. I haven’t used Wondfos, but plenty of ladies on there use them to get their early BFPs. Buuut, there are tons of stories of Bees not getting their BFPs for a couple weeks after AF is due. FX that you’re one of them, despite how frustrating that must be.

Post # 396
881 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
FutureMrsGG:  FWIW, I haven’t found anything that says that Adderall can effect sperm count or quality. Only libido. Do you know something I dont? DH is taking it too. 

Post # 397
1576 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
kb7:  I feel like someone posted somewhere recently that the Clear Blue Digitals are actually pretty sensitive. But I have no idea who posted that info or where to find it. 🙁 It’s probably in a Charters of the Hive thread somewhere. Since that thread moves at like 8 pages a day, I’m not sure I’d ever be able to find it again.

You’ve already bought the test, so might as well give it a shot with some FMU. 

Do you chart? Are you sure of your O date? Usually O can get pushed back due to all sorts of environmental factors, but not AF.

Post # 398
58 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
bridget2727:  congrats lady, I feel the same way as you, ‘cautiously happy’ they look pretty strong for 9 pdo though x

Post # 399
376 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
alove2:   Thanks!! I’m going to have to check it out. We have had well timed intercourse for 8 months now and no BFP. I’ve been temping/charting for 6 of the 8 months so I have good data to show that my body is (from what I can tell) doing what it needs to be doing. I assume you’re using them now? Which office is Dr. Feinberg at?

View original reply
MrsM914:  No, I don’t know something you don’t- I’m just grasping at straws here for what a problem could potentially be. I did some googling and there’s no studies showing that it causes problems, but from what I’ve heard they don’t do much research into how meds affect male fertility as much as they do for how they affect female fertility (at least thats what my OBGYN said). So in my very upset, very frusturated and probably irrational mind I’m thinking “well, maybe that’s it”. I joked with him that it should really make those swimmers more focused/determined to get the job done.

Post # 401
1521 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
koi424:  I don’t chart.  I just bought a BBT today so I’m going to start if I’m not pregnant.  I’d really just like to know already so I can drown myself in wine if I’m not!

Might wait a few more days to test with any of my fancy ones.  I have a FRER and two digitals, but a lot of wondfos left.  What’s even more disappointing than a BFN is wasting an expensive test to see it!

Post # 402
464 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
FutureMrsGG:  Yup! I see Dr. Feinberg in Highland Park, but I believe she also works out of Hoffman Estates. You can go to any of their locations for testing though. I switch off between the one that is closest to work and the one that is closest to home.

Good luck and PM me if you have any questions. At least with the testing you can get the ball rolling and either put your mind at ease or have answers.

Post # 403
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
bridget2727:  Congrats!!  That’s a nice clear line at 9dpo!

Post # 404
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
kb7:  
View original reply
jammer62:  
View original reply
LiliKitty:  
View original reply
koi424:  I don’t know if FRERs have gotten less sensitive or the CB digis have gotten more sensitive, but I can think of two recent BFPs (@koi424: one was ltj on the Charters thread) where the CB digi was positive and the FRER was so faint it could have been an evap.  According to Peestick Paradise, the CB digi detects an hCG level of 10, while the FRER requires a level of 25!  And over in the Charters thread, ltj posted this link to the FDA trial report that confirms the CB digi has a sensitivity level of 10 mIU/ml.  So I say the digis are more sensitive these days!

Post # 405
1082 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
bridget2727:  congrats! very exciting to see a clear positive at 9dpo! 🙂

The topic ‘POAS February 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors