(Closed) FEBRUARY POAS!

posted 7 years ago in TTC
  • poll: Do you have Valentine's Day plans?
    My only plans are to BD! :) : (8 votes)
    9 %
    We are going out for a romantic dinner or date. : (17 votes)
    19 %
    We are staying in and making our own special dinner. : (20 votes)
    22 %
    We are taking a romantic trip! : (6 votes)
    7 %
    I'm treating myself to a spa day/etc.. : (0 votes)
    No plans yet, but hope to have some! : (20 votes)
    22 %
    Nothing special, it's just another day. : (19 votes)
    21 %
  • Post # 92
    987 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
    @confusedbridehere:  

View original reply
    @candy11: 

Don’t worry, I realise it’s not a positive! There is a very faint line that obviously doesn’t show up well enough in an uploaded photo. What I was wondering is what the faint line means – the instructions only say what a darker line means, so I was hoping someone might be able to take a guess at how many days it would be until I did get a positive… Never mind ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
    @mrsberry2011:  Try not to get down; your time will come, I’m sure! Luckily, noone we know has announced a pregnancy since we started TTC (although it hasn’t been that long, I know) but I’m dreading it happening as I’m sure my reaction will be totally irrational, disproportionate, etc.!

Post # 93
    2190 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
    @whybee:  The faint line just means LH is present in your system. LH is always present, but gradually increases, then surges. Keep on testing. There is no way to tell how long from the faint line until positive. That’s why they suggest to test 2x a day starting around days 10-13 (depending on usual cycle length) so you don’t miss it. 

Post # 94
    109 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
    @whybee:  We have had the joy of seeing 12 births from friends/associates and now the two classmates.

Post # 95
    3376 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
    @whybee:  When I was using OPKs, there was always a very faint line – it was never ever just stark white.  So a faint line really means nothing, just that you aren’t about to ovulate.  Now, once you see that line start to get darker, you might want to test more frequently and expect O to possibly happen soon.  Good luck!

Post # 96
    987 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @CocoLoco523:  

View original reply
    @SadieBee:  

Thanks ladies! This is what the packet doesn’t tell me ๐Ÿ™‚ My fault for buying cheapies maybe?!

View original reply
    @mrsberry2011:  Wow, that must be hard – I’m sorry, I don’t really know what else to say! But hopefully you can take some comfort from knowing there are others out there who share your frustration at varying levels…

Post # 97
    109 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
    @whybee:  its has helped a lot being on the Bee and knowing Im not alone. Being AA, I stereotyped myself and assumed that it would be so easy to get preggo because I see so many pregnancies, wanted and oops. I have never heard of anyone having difficulties so when we first started to the struggle I felt alone and the broken one. After much research, I have found out that it happens just as much in the AA community, its just not talked about.

Post # 98
    1647 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

View original reply
    @whybee:  

I always have a faint line, like that, or even a bit darker, whether I test on CD4 or 8, or whatever, it starts getting darker around 3 or 4 days before ovulation, but there is always a faint line.    Does that answer you question a bit?     

Let me see if I can find my progression picture from last month.   It was after a m/c but it’s the same each month anyway, I start testing around CD8 (although I’m behind this month, I’m on CD 11 and haven’t started testing yet, oops!  I should pee on a stick tonight) and the line stays pretty light for a few days.    This one has a lot of sticks, I ovulated way late.  I actually thought I ovulated on CD 17, when I got a line that was as dark as the control line the day before, then the next day was lighter, I’m not sure why I tested again, but the next day after that was super dark, definitely a positive.   

Post # 99
    1006 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2016

Okay, finally started this cycle…. so ready to roll call!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: Feb 3rd…..ish

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: still trying to figure it out but I will stick with Valentines Day!

Cycles Trying: 2nd cycle

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): BD every other day until peak and then BD every day, Musinex, vitamins for both of us, boxers, pre-seed, less caffeine and alcohol, OPK Clearblue and I bought some cheapies this month

Link to Chart, if anyhttp://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43c1e0

and for fun –

What are you going to do to ENJOY this month aside from TTC? Not get stressed about my job and try to get to the gym more often

Post # 100
    4 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Hey y’all.  I have been lurker for years but I’ve finally joined and am coming out of lurkdom.  This TTC stuff is making me a little crazy and I’m trying to keep the crazy to myself, at least for now.  So glad to have you ladies to obsess over everything with ๐Ÿ™‚

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 12

Ovulation Date: Usually CD 13 or 14

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: Will try to hold out until Feb. 3 or 4 depending on O date.

Cycles Trying: Cycle 1!  So excited.

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): Charting and BD EOD through the fertile window.  Just trying to let nature do its thing.

Link to Chart, if anyhttp://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3914b8

What are you going to do to ENJOY this month aside from TTC? We are closing on our first house and moving!  Packing is stressful, but I’m glad to have something else to try to focus on during the TWW.

Post # 101
    4430 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Wow look how big this is already !  FX FOR EVERYONE!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 102
    987 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @Purple_Bride:  Thanks, that’s really helpful! Except now I’m worried because I’m on CD15 and my line is fainter than yours was at CD8! Should I be?!

Post # 105
    4 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
    @E_Lynne615:  Thanks!  Can’t wait to be done packing/cleaning and actually be settled in!

Post # 106
    987 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @missjannie:  Good luck with the move! We moved into our first home back in Oct/Nov (had an overlap with our rented house) and we are still climbing over boxes everywhere *sigh*… Aiming to have another push on decorating this weekend and hoping to finally get downstairs finished!!

The topic ‘FEBRUARY POAS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors