(Closed) Fertility boosting vitamins & supplements?

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 4
801 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

My OB had me on prenatals with DHA a good 6 months before we started TTC.  Once we were preganant she added in additional doses of Vitamin C and D.  Vitamin B6 was never introduced into the mix until my morning sickness wouldn’t go away well into the second trimester.  I never thought about increasing my fertility chances with vitamins or herbs.  We just went with the prescription prenatals and called that good.

Post # 5
2030 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I used Vitex and B6. I also saw an accupuncturist who prescribed me Chinese herbs for fertility. I don’t know if they helped, but we conceived on our first try 🙂

Post # 6
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility (as do many other bees) – if you chart, you might identify potential issues with your cycle and can gear your supplements towards that.  I also recommend Making Babies.  I read this book recently and after trying for 10 months without a BFP, my hubby and I improved our diets, cut out alcohol (almost) completely, and added a few supplements.  We’ve been doing that for a couple of months and are very optimistic.  Also, I’ve found the Complementary and Alternative forums on the TCOYF website very helpful!

I take my prenatal, Vitex, Red Rasberry Leaf supplements, B vitamin combo, and baby aspirin when not on my period.  Also drink green tea 1-3 cups a day.  I’ve tried the robitussin and honestly didn’t think it helped that much with the CM.  Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water!  Hope this helps!

The topic ‘Fertility boosting vitamins & supplements?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors