(Closed) FI and I moving in together: 720 or 1022 sq ft?

posted 9 years ago in Home
  • poll: Big apt or Smaller Apt?

720 sq ft: that's really all you need, save your money

1022 sq ft: a duplex is cool and you might as well go all out; it"ll be good to have all the space.

• Post # 62
    1209 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@Aubergold: our place is 790sq. ft. and I would go bigger. We do have a hugeee walk-in closet, a kitchen pantry, a coat closet, plus outside storage on the patio, but it still isn’t enough! haha. I would personally go for the larger space so that you guys have some “room to breathe” and having an extra bathroom would probably be nice!

Post # 63
    3460 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

If you get the bigger place, you’ll buy more things for it that won’t fit into your next place, even if you try not to.  You’ll then have to throw them away, pay to store them or trip over them all the time.  You’ll also be more unhappy at downsizing than you would be if you lived small and moved to small, because you’ve gotten accustomed to a larger space and you’re more resentful.

If you are moving to Boston, you may need to get a wardrobe anyways (yay old old laws on closets counting as rooms for tax purposes), or learn to double hang/put away seasonal clothing.  So this is good practice, plus you’ve got one needed purchase down.

ETA: Ooops, just read the rest of the postings, looks like you already made your decision.

The topic ‘FI and I moving in together: 720 or 1022 sq ft?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors