(Closed) FI thinks I’m crazy & is annoyed….

posted 8 years ago in Family
Post # 3
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2010

you’re not crazy, you aren’t supposed to have him help you get ready, it’s for girls only.  just tell him that.  show him pictures of other weddings online and the getting ready pictures are always all girls.  good luck!

Post # 4
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I don’t think you are crazy at all.

I think your plan is a very good one.

Post # 5
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I think it’s a little weird to get ready together.  But it doesn’t sound like you two have a bridal party and your Fiance doesn’t have anyone to get ready with, so maybe he doesn’t see why you need someone besides him to get ready with.  Just explain to him that you want to be all put togehter when he sees you in your dress for the first time on your wedding day.  It’ll be more special that way and you two can build up some anticipation to see one another.

Post # 6
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

You’re not crazy. The first time he sees you after you get ready, whether done in a first look or when you walk down the aisle, can be such a special moment as you both come together for the first time as a couple prepared to be married. It doesn’t work so well if he’s the one who zipped you into your dress! Your plan sounds like a good one.

Post # 7
401 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Not crazy! Tell him girls only time! I totally understand wanting to be all put together before your Fiance sees you that day (besides when you wake up).

Maybe another option is that your friend helps your daughter get ready and your Mom is with you. Depends on how only your daughter is and her relationship with the friend I suppose.

Post # 8
305 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Sounds like a good idea to me!  I’m impressed that you’re trusting your parents and his parents to get all the kiddos ready!  I’m so detail-obsessed that it would drive me crazy not to be able to do it myself!  Good planning, lady!

Post # 9
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I think it’s a fine idea, especially if your friend is happy to help you out!

Post # 10
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

You should absolutely get ready with a girl friend! No guy will know if you look like your want to look. We were together the night before and set up the morning of, but went our separate ways to get ready.

Post # 11
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

that is the absolute opposite of crazy! it is a very sensible plan! 🙂

The topic ‘FI thinks I’m crazy & is annoyed….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors