(Closed) Fiance doesn't like my dress style! HELP! —Essense of Australia D1460

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
496 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@supercalibride2014:  Go with the style that YOU like. I don’t know why he would do that, tell you what he doesn’t like AFTER you bought a dress.

Post # 4
565 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Pavilion at Rocky Neck State Park

Stay with the dress that you want. I’m sure when he sees you walking down the aisle, he will love it. Besides, you are the one who has to wear it. Not him. 

Post # 5
9139 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

He has an entire year to forget that he said he didn’t like it and once he sees it on you he will love it.  Stop asking him what styles he likes because he has no idea what any of them will look like on you.

Post # 6
11747 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

go with your dress that you love. I’m an EOA bride too! 🙂 And my fiance also didn’t like the stock pic of my dress either. He changed his tune when he saw ME in it. And, he will love it even more when he sees me all decked out the day of our wedding! – JUST LIKE YOUR Fiance WILL! 🙂 

Post # 7
302 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I agree that just because he said he doesn’t like it when he saw a picture doesn’t mean he won’t like it on you.  If you, your mom and sister loved the dress, then obviously it looks amazing on you.  Because you are wearing the dress, he will be blown away when he sees you in it, and I guarantee you that if you asked him after the wedding, he won’t ever remember saying he didn’t like the dress. 

Post # 8
7647 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

Get the dress you want. He may not like the way it looks on other brides, but when he sees you he really isn’t going to see “the dress” know what I mean? Besides, men typically don’t remember this stuff anyway. You already bought the dress. Don’t change it. It’s beautiful!

Post # 9
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Before I went dress shopping I had asked my Darling Husband what he liked and disliked. He really disliked dresses with pickups, and I had seen a few styles with pickups that I really liked, so I got a little flustered, but I said, maybe that’s a sign? Maybe that’s not “the dress”. So I kept shopping around and found the dress of my dreams which didn’t have pickups, and he stll tells people it was the most beautiful dress he has ever seen.

Shortened version of above: He said he didn’t like a certain style of dress so I took it as a sign and kept on shopping around and found the dress of my (and his) dreams.

Post # 10
979 posts
Busy bee

Fiance doesn’t like anything I picked out either.  I gave him about 20 pictures and told him to choose. OMG he has no style taste AT ALL. He said they are all too big at the bottom. Men suck! LOL Pick what you want to wear. No matter what, you’ll “WOW” him when he sees you walking down the isle. I love that style, btw! 

Post # 11
155 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - The Old Courthouse in Cleveland

The woman in the dress isnt YOU. It’s so much easier to love something if its on someone you love! He is marrying you because he thinks you are the perfect woman for him, if you love the dress, it’ll be perfect for him too!! 

btw- the dress is beautiful!

Post # 12
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Keep the dress because all dresses look different in person. And you love it.Are you adding a belt?! Do you have any photos?

Post # 13
2420 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@supercalibride2014:  

i promise u that he wont even notice the dress u are wearing, he will be looking at your face coming down the aisle!!! he will love u no matter what your wearing! go with what U like.

i just brought this exact dress!!! and i LOVE IT!!!! Im so happy with it, i wouldnt care what my Fiance thought cos i know on the day he will love it.

have you got pics of yourself in it?

trust me. go with your gut and stay with the dress u love.

Post # 14
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Unless he is overly fashion conscious, I doubt he’ll remember.  When I ask my Darling Husband what my dress looked like, he said “it was white and had straps” (it was ivory, and had pleating, and beads, and …).  That’s all he could say, and we have wedding pictures throughout our home, showing the dress in it’s glorious detail.  Maybe he doesn’t like the mermaid style, but just because he doesn’t like it in a photo doesn’t mean he won’t like it on you.  I’m sure he wears things you don’t like.  It’s just one day (so often it seems people on the Bee seem to forget that).  If you feel beautiful, you will be beautiful.

Post # 15
2420 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@jmaze:  haha this made me laugh – “its too big in the bottom” thats the point love!!! haha men ay……

Post # 16
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

GO WITH WHAT YOU LIKE! You will look gorgeous no matter what, so go with the dress that makes you happy. As long as your happy, he will be too. And on the wedding day he is not going to focus on what dress you are wearing, he is going to celebrate your marriage and be with all your guests.

& besides, the dress is beautiful! Definitely stick with it!

The topic ‘Fiance doesn't like my dress style! HELP! —Essense of Australia D1460’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors