(Closed) Fiance's indecision is driving me CRAZY!

posted 9 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2706 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@Honey-Bee:  If you’re getting married in 2014 I understand his procrastination but your post says 5 months.  If that’s true EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!! You can’t wait to decide on a DJ/Band with that amount of time left!!!!


Take that task back from him, put him in the dog house for it and maybe he’ll get the idea about the rest.


Also about the whole elope  vs. big wedding, I would kill him for that and his lack of planning. 

Post # 5
496 posts
Helper bee

yikes, that’s rough.  Maybe speak to the dj together so he can see that time frames in these situations.  you can’t just book a dj the week before, especally during wedding season.

I would have reminded him of his desire for a big wedding every step of the way.  that is too much pressure for something you didn’t want in the first place

Post # 7
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Mine is the same. We have 4.5 months now and he thinks that’s loads of time and that I am stressing for nothing. He also has no strong opinion about anything at the wedding, so asking him what he thinks is a bit useless. He thinks the wedding is for the bride and all he really cares about is that we are married by the end of the day, which is quite sweet in it’s own way. I had to nag him a bit to get him to book suit rental for himself and his groomsmen. It’s finally done. 

On the upside, because I planned everything, I am getting to have my “vision” of the event. So every cloud has a silver lining. Just make it clear that if he doesn’t chose by X date they you will do it for him and he will have to put up with your choice. 

Post # 8
7414 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

Mine’s the same.  We ARE a year out at the moment BUT we live in a very in demand/highly populated/expensive part of the country AND 75% of our guests will have to make travel arrangments (flying or driving 14+ hours).  I want to make sure people know to Save the Date by October (maybe that’s early but it’s a HUGE pet peeve of mine to get a STD less than 6 months before a semi destination wedding – especially if I haven’t been told I’m invited previously).  I’ve finally convinced him that the venue decision needs to be made ASAP and he’s coming around.  I’m very type A, he’s very not.  I’ll do most of the planning, I just keep prodding him along to make the decisions he needs to make.

The topic ‘Fiance's indecision is driving me CRAZY!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors