- 5 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013
A few years ago I went to the doctors to have a breast lump checked. She told me it was just a cyst which would clear on its own.
I went back to the doctors recently as the lump had grown in size and was becoming painful. I was re examined and told it was likeoly to be a fibroendomena and was given the option to have it surgically removed as it was causing discomfort and because of its size.
I havent made a desicion yet on whether to go ahead but likely will. What I want to know is, has anyone here had this surgery before? I have a few questions. I will speak more with my doctor but want to get real peoples expeiences too.
1. was the surgery under local or general anesthetic.
2. How long was the surgery
3. did you have to stay in hospital for long following surgery
4. did you bruise
5. how much pain were you in following
6. how much time did you need to take off work
7. how long did it take to get results back to confirm lump status follwing removal
8. when were you able to resume regular activities such as lifting etc