- 8 years ago
This is gonna be long! I need opinions on my plan and suggestions for the gaps! 🙂 Thanks in advance!
So my Fiance is adament about having an open bar. Our reception site doesn’t have a bar area, so it’s going to be hiring a bartender to man one we make. Obviously, we will be providing our own drinks and alcohol. I love the idea of a beer/wine reception (it’s cheap!), but I hate beer and wine, so I want to have the option of a cocktail.
Here’s the ideal plan:
– Cocktails: Signature drinks are Washington Apple and a home-made concoction we like to call the Kermit.
Washington Apple: Crowne Royal, Sour Apple Pucker, cranberry juice
Kermit: vodka, Blue Caracou, Red Bull
I would love cheaper suggestions for alternatives to the Crowne and Red Bull if you know of any! Also if you felt so inclined, what should I rename these drinks? Our reception is fairy tale themed! I was thinking something like “Poisoned Apple” for the first one? Idk what to do about the blue-green Kermit though.
– Wine: Cheap wines, possible the Apothic Red and Apothic White from Target at $8/bottle. Any ideas for cheaper wines? I know Trader Joe’s has some fab ones, but again, I’m not a wine drinker so I wouldn’t be able to tell a “good wine.”
– Beer: Do we even need beer? This isn’t a frat party. I don’t even know if my crowd would drink beer… Ideally, though, we would provide two types in two mini kegs, but again, no idea what since I hate beer. Suggestions?
– Soda: We would provide cans of Coke, Sprite, and Root Beer.
– Other: For non-soda and non-alcohol, we would have raspberry lemonade, water, sweet or unsweet iced tea (do we need both? there’s so much already… which is more popular?)
And I think that’s it… Omg, so much. What do you think I should even budget for all this?