(Closed) Filing a judgement after winning a small claims case

posted 7 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

It sounds like you will never see your money if you don’t try to enforce the judgment.  If she contacts you and you find it threatening, you can always file a report.  It’s tough in small claims because the amounts seem to minimal and sometimes it’s not worth the effort to go after her property to get a recovery.  I’d at least file the judgment because then she might actually pay you.  Good luck!!

Post # 4
1370 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

No experience in it, but if she owes you and isn’t paying I would file the judgement. Other than her being a bit off, do you have reason to worry about her or what she’ll do?

Post # 6
11 posts

I would go ahead and file it. If she tries anything you can always get a restraining order against her. Good luck.

The topic ‘Filing a judgement after winning a small claims case’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors