(Closed) Filing Taxes

posted 8 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

You both cannot claim the same amount on your taxes.  Since he has already claimed it, you cannot claim it and I would not push the issue by claiming it.  If they find out, you will have to pay penalties and interest for lying on your tax return.  I would however ask him to split the amount of the refund he got for claiming the car since it is in both your names and is meant for both of you.

Post # 4
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Both of you cannot claim one car. I think it really should be the borrower claiming the car and not the co-signer….but, since it’s done. I wouldn’t press my luck

maybe you can talk to him like missabs said and discuss splitting or putting it aside for something both of you can enjoy.

The topic ‘Filing Taxes’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors