(Closed) Finally said yes to the dress (DB WG3029)!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I think a traditional mid-length veil would look great, and you could probably pull off birdcage too since the dress has a skinnier profile.  But I’m biased because I’m not hugely into cathedral veils, so if others say you could rock that with this dress, then don’t listen to me.

On jewelry – you could totally work statement pieces since the dress is so simple!  I’d probably vote for that – some sort of sparkly necklace and maybe big sparkly post earrings?  I’m thinking of something like the below.

[attachment=1475598,187184]

Post # 4
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Wow it’s beautiful! Laughing

Post # 6
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

We are dress twins!!! I have a fingertip length veil.  I’ve bought some semi-small dangly earrings that have different shades of purple stones on them.  I’m not wearing a necklace.  Still have to find a bracelet and my shoes are some plain white small heels I got from DB as well that I embellished with different size (and different shades) of purple rhinestones. 🙂

Post # 7
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@futrmrsL:

Hello there!  Yes I too just purchased this dress last week.  It was odd, because I had previously turned my nose up a bit at DB, but after several frustrating experiences decided to look at their selection.  Initially had my heart set on WG9871 and the consultant who was amazing added this to the 7 dresses I was trying on.  I would have never have picked this out but when I saw myself in it, I jumped for joy and like the tv show said YES! resoundingly.

This gown along with perhaps 2 others at DB I believe is a cut above the rest.  The fabric and cut is amazing.  I was initially going to do a birdcage veil but now I am thinking cathedral possibly?  I am also adding crystals to be embedded in the pickups and eliminating the bow in the back to give it a mature 40+ look 🙂  Please post pics of you can’t wait to see!

Post # 8
211 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - in the woods

Yay! Congratulations on finding “the dress”! : ) I’m going to wear a champagne colored sash as well; so beautiful!

Post # 10
109 posts
Blushing bee

Hi dress twins! 

For those of you that went with the “ivory” verson of this dress, did you get a white or ivory veil?  The dress isn’t really a true ivory, so I am stuck on what to do!

Post # 11
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I got a White veil with mine because when i put an ivory headpiece with it, it just didnt look right

Post # 12
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I bought a really long cathedral so my step mom can tailor it up to any length i needed it.

Post # 13
109 posts
Blushing bee

The topic ‘Finally said yes to the dress (DB WG3029)!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors