- 5 years ago
- Wedding: July 2015
So after being engaged for just under a year and finally under the 800 day mark to the big day, I am a little sad. I want nothing more than to marry the love of my life, I am tired of hearing about how we are too young to be married, how I shouldn’t plan anything because with the wedding over two years away it may not happen, I am tired of people trying to tell me what to do when I am not even sure what I want yet, I am tired of people telling me to elope so I can marry sooner, I am tired of people telling me not to bother getting married because it will end in divorce, I am tired of FI’s mom being a negative bitch and screwing him over and last I am tired of people telling me what I should do about my marriage when they do not even know my FI’s name.
I am tired of a lot but it is a rough day and from this moment on I am going to try to look at the positive.
1. I am engaged to the most amazing man, he loves me, is good to me, does his best to make me happy, wants what is best for me and knows when something is wrong if my texts are “off” and knows exactly what will make me feel better.
2. My parents are the most supportive people I know and are willing to let me live at home rent free until the age of 23 so that I can save for my dream wedding and still have a decent savings for life after the big day.
3. School is over for the summer, so I can finally relax a little.
4. My best friend just moved back so know I get to see her as much as I want, instead of once every two years if we’re lucky.
5. Fiance knows his mom is killing me so he is finding every excuse to keep us from seeing each other for a while.
I know there are a lot more positive things in my life but like I said it’s hard seeing them at the moment so I think 5 is good enough for now.
So bees take a moment to find the positive things in your life right now, even if it seems nothing is going right and everyone is against you. Once you start to look you will see life is going better than you think 🙂