- 5 years ago
- Wedding: August 2013
Here they are:
1. [Name], today, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world, standing next to someone whom I admire, endlessly trust, and love with all that I am.
2. In you, I found someone who not only enjoys all my silliness and dorkiness, but revels in it. I cherish our silly antics and your sense of adventure and how your unconditional support inspires me to be myself. I love when we’re driving down hidden roads and getting lost or finding mountain sides that I insist we can climb in two minutes that end up taking two hours and nearly costing us both our limbs… I love how you listen to me sing in the car to songs I only know half the words too.. and how you do all these things knowing that we started our journey two hours late because I said I’d be ready in ten minutes…
3. You are such a genuine person and I ardently love the light and kindness in your soul. I love the way you make me smile and I adore the way you look at me when I step outside after getting ready or when you turn to look at me in the mornings and it’s like you seeing me for the first time – every time.
4. [Name], today I give you my mind, my body, and my soul. I promise to always remember to live our lives and to remember to pause, laugh and dance with you in the middle of the street. I promise to embrace the journey rather than blindly seeking the destination. And I promise to always treasure that moment before you break into laughter or the way you light up with with your love for me.
Last year, when my grandfather was sick, you told me if you had everything he had – a long life with all the people who loved you, your wife, your children and your grandchildren standing around you and laughing with you – that that sounded like a pretty good life. That is the life that I promise to strive to create for us and I promise to fight for that love no matter what comes our way. I promise to encourage you, empower you and help you shine and follow your dreams. I promise to always be your smile and your laughter. I am so so proud of the man you have become and I cannot wait to start our family, grow old together, and hold your hand for the rest of my life. [Full Name] – I promise not to merely exist with you, but to live my life with you. I will love you forever – In this life and the next.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
SO, it takes me about 2 minutes and 10 seconds to read them. It’s like 450 words.
When i first wrote them it took me over 3 minutes. So I’ve worked really hard at cutting out what I thought wasn’t as important, but now i love them and feel like i cant cut anymore. Would love all your thoughts!!! 🙂