(Closed) Finished writing our secular ceremony! Using the chocolate & wine ritual!

posted 10 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 17
1003 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I was just talking to my Fiance about how we have to prepare for the zombie invasion.

Sounds like it is going to be a fantastic ceremony.

Post # 19
293 posts
Helper bee

LOVE!!  And, it made me cry.

I LOVE the chocolate and wine part! 

Post # 20
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

This is beautiful!  I especially love the zombies part!!!

Post # 21
10357 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@Talishazwi: In California, where I am getting married, the Declaration of intent is required. Check your local laws 🙂

Post # 23
3667 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

LOVE IT! Sweet and funny 🙂 The rock-paper-scissors bit is awesome.

The zombies bit reminds me of a website I stumbled across the other day: http://zombie-wedding.blogspot.com/

Depending on how zombie-obsessed your fiance is, you might want to avoid showing him that site… he might get ideas! LOL

Post # 25
529 posts
Busy bee

My favorite was the rock paper scissors

Post # 26
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

If you’re still looking for alternative words to “wholly”, maybe “completely” or “entirely” would fit too?

Post # 27
1882 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I wouldn’t  try to make your vows funny  There is a lot of random stuff going on, and I don’t think you want your ceremony to come off as a joke.

Post # 28
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

You have a ceremony that seems mostly formal with some jokes thrown in. I think you should try to go through the ceremony (maybe a rehearsal rehearsal?) a few times to see if it flows how you want it to. I’d worry about the jokes feeling “scripted” for lack of a better word. I think it’d be funny to watch a couple rock/paper/scissors for the vows.. but I know personally, fiance will be nervous to be in front of so many people and would probably stumble through it and it would probably seem more scripted than impromptu fun.

Post # 29
922 posts
Busy bee

marissabreanna how funny and beautiful and personal!! I’m so impressed! I’d love to do something like this for our ceremony, how did you come up with all of this? Your wording is amazing! Any thoughts you have or insights you can share for those of us who want to do something as beautiful as you did??

And also, I love your opening statement…would you mind if I used that in our ceremony? My SO and I have said almost those exact same things when we were going through our guest list. Inviting the people to our wedding who have been invited into our lives and made our relationship better and stronger. You just said it so elegantly. I love the idea of the chocolate and wine ceremony. We want to do something different too, but I can’t seem to find ideas that are interesting and unique to us. I read about one bee who had the wine, 2 glasses, and 2 love letters nailed in box that sounded cool to do. But I just havn’t found anything that speaks to us.

Anyway, any inspiration or ideas you have I’d love to hear them!!

The topic ‘Finished writing our secular ceremony! Using the chocolate & wine ritual!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors