(Closed) First Draft of Budget Breakdown – $3000

posted 5 years ago in Money
Post # 3
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I think your budget looks pretty good.  It was pretty simmilar to ours but we had about $5,000 for 150-170ish people, though we ended up with a lot less that came.  Definately utilize craigslist and consignment shops.  We used lots of thrift stores to save money on our thrift stores, and I bought all my flowers from ebay to save on cost and they were beautiful.   Good luck. 

Post # 4
2694 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I think that is a huge chunk of your budget going to a ‘family acquaintance’ for photography.  You could have gotten a (professional) stranger on craigslist for a much better price and allocated the extra money for some sort of ‘food’ for the guests (supermarket platters maybe or sandwiches).  

However, that said, for all you are getting, your budget is pretty good.  Free venues?  That is amazing.

Post # 5
1529 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@bridalprincess:  i totally agree, that seems high for a photog, that you know considering your total budget

Post # 8
1790 posts
Buzzing bee

My Thoughts:

if I were a guest I would say skip the favours all together and spend it on more/better food if you can

Are your BM gifts $12 / necklace or $12 total? 

Don’t forget about postage for the thank you notes. Also did you allready find them? becuase $15 for 50-ish thank you notes is a steal! and I am interested inwhere you got them, even if they are generic I know I can’t make them that cheap.

also postage for the invites. 

Also,are you making your BM bouquets? don’t forget the tape and ribbon and pins for them. 

Post # 10
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Looks good!  Like someone else said, if you are unsure about the favors, I would skip them and spend the money on another area of your budget.  No one will miss them. 

Post # 11
5480 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

What about chairs, tables, napkins, cups, plates?

Post # 12
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I think it looks pretty good, but i would skip the favours and the candy and use that money to make cocktail sandwiches (ie. cucumber cream cheese, tuna, egg salad, ect.) i think people would appreciate a few cocktail sandwiches and a peice of cake more than they would candy….. just my two cents

Post # 15
5896 posts
Bee Keeper

if you aren’t including honeymoon in your budget, why is gas to get you to honeymoon in the budget?

Post # 16
5896 posts
Bee Keeper

also, as a guest, i’d much rather have something to nibble on then a favor.  i think 72 dollars can buy you at least a couple trays at costco.

The topic ‘First Draft of Budget Breakdown – $3000’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors