Post # 1
so Fiance and I are definitely having a first look but as we come up on the day I’m wondering about the logistics. I am staying in a hotel about a mile from the ceremony and he is staying at our house the night before. there is a little park about a mile in the other direction I thoight about doing it because I didn’t want guests to interfere. We have an 11am wedding so this would be like 10am. So do I have slmeone drive me to the park and meet him? Then we arrive separate at the chapel? I’m so lost!! We plan on doing some bridal party pics that morning. before ceremony as well so someone help me plan how this will work!!
Post # 2
For us, we’ll arrive to the location separately and be separated until we are ready for the first look. The photog will be the one orchestrating the shoot and provide direction once on site. One of you needs to be nearby but hidden until everyone is ready for the big reveal. In our case, I’m not sure who will be hiding nor where (behind a tree? a trellis? in a building?).
Your photog might have some good ideas for you.
Post # 3
Our photographer set up the whole thing. My husband stayed at a hotel and got ready while I was at the venue in the bridal suite. The photographer came very early to scope out possible first look places. Once I was dressed and my husband arrived, the photographer positioned him where he wanted him to stand, so he couldnt see me, and then he came up and walked me down for the look. This was about 2 hours before guests arrived.
I realize I had a different situation then you and this probably didnt help you but figured I would let you know what we did! BEst of luck!
Post # 4
Tbblount: You Fiance could arrive at the park first and wait facing a certain direction until you arrive shortly after. The photographer(s) will cue him to turn around to see you. Your bridal party could arrive later – are you doing those shots at the park also?
Post # 5
I am also wondering about this. I am in the same situation. Both me and Fi will need to drive to the venue/first look so I need to work out how we will both get there but separately.
Post # 6
This is what we did:
- 11:00 AM – We both got ready at the hotel in separate rooms. The photographer bounced back and forth between us while getting ready.
- 1:45 PM – He and his brothers (groomsmen) drove to the ceremony site and made sure things were in order.
- 2:00 PM – I rode with the photographer to the ceremony site where she parked out of view. She went and got my husband ready and facing away from me and I walked up behind him. We took pictures of the two of us for a few minutes and got to talk a little and be excited and tell each other how handsom/beautiful the other was.
- 2:30 PM – Close family showed up and we took all the family photos (parents, siblings, grandparents)
- 3:00 PM – Then my bridesmaids/bridesguys and the rest of the groomsmen came and the bridal party all piled into a couple cars and drove to a park (15 minutes) where we did all the bridal party photos and some couples photos. This was while guests were arriving at the ceremony site. We had some extra time after pictures where we just walked around the park and had a bottle of champagne and visited with the bridal party. It was really nice to have a little bit of calm before all the madness! Then drive back to the ceremony site (another 15 minutes)
- 4:45 PM – arrive back at the ceremony site
- 5:00 PM ceremony
If I was doing it again, the only thing I would change is that I would have started getting ready at 10. Hair and makeup took longer than anticipated, because we were constantly interupted by people stopping by to say hi and I wanted to get to chat with people but kept getting pulled back to finish hair/makeup. The photography timing was spot on and I would have done that the same way! After the ceremony the only pictures we had to take were the large family pictures and we did those sporadically during cocktail hour. We also did some more couples shots during cocktail hour because the lighting was nice.