Post # 1
So what are you guys opinions on the first look pictures? I am really debating on doing these.
1) so that “Reaction” is just us and our photographer and its caught on film
2.) So much more time to gather our perfect moment
3.) we can hold each other, express ourself, cry, and just cherish each other after that first look
4.) We ahve to go somewhere other than where were getting married because the atmosphere is just crowded.
5.) It relieves a little bit of that overwelmth and nervousness.
6.) its the only you and me time we will really have until AFTER the wedding is done.
7.) can go straight into family pictures then its reception time!!
So what I want to know for all you that are married…. Did you do have a first look before the ceremony? How was it? How did you feel? If you could go back in time and do it differently, would you?
For you unmarried bees, Are you having a first look? Why? Why not? & I dont want your only reason to be ” its untraditional” or “its badluck” ….. before you anwser, read this..
Post # 3
Yes I love our photos and wouldn’t change it !!!
Post # 4
I trully think this is a personal desicion and will warn you that you’ll get a lot of different opinions here (which isn’t a bad thing). We decided to do a first look for a few reasons. One being that it was a winter wedding with the sun setting at 4:47pm! Our ceremony started at 4:30, so , if we wanted outdoor pics..we HAD to do it before. Based on my experience, here are reasons why it worked for us:
1. This seriously was the ONLY time the whole day (minus after the wedding) that my husband and I got alone time. And I mean ONLY time!
2. The emotion was so raw and so wonderful. Getting to see him wihtout the pressure of everyone looking at us was great.
3. Our bridal party and moms got to watch, which was really special. It was cool knowing the CLOSEST of our friends and family got to see that special moment.
4. Everything else seemed to be WAY more calm once the first look was over and we were able to relax and have fun wiht our bridal party.
5. The “walk down the aisle” was in NO WAY any less amazing. Actually, I felt like I got to take it in more since I wasn’t wondering what my husband thought. I was able to keep focused on him and enjoy it instead of wondering if he liked my dress, does he like my hair, don’t fall, does he think I look silly??? lol
6. My husband is NOT a cry kinda guy but teared up for BOTH the first look and ceremony. Just because you’ve seen each other doesn’t mean seeing you walk down the aisle towards him, is any less special.
So, I have ZERO regrets doing a first look but it worked for me and my husband. I also don’t think there is anything wrong with waiting. I’m sure that is magical and wonderful as well. It’s simply a choice based on your pros/cons and what works best for you and your Fiance and the logistics of the day. Whatever you do, it will be wonderful!!!
Post # 5
Okay the poll is tied, so does anyone else want to share their opinion?
& for those that did share their opinion, thank you, I appreciate it very much, All opinions matter, and none are more or less imortant to me than the next person.
Post # 6
I loooove seeing people’s first look pics, but I’m not going to do it myself. I’ve never really considered myself a traditional bride, but I just can’t see myself doing the big reveal before the official ceremony. But if you want to do it, I say rock it!! 🙂
Post # 7
@xbrittfacee: Aw, I don’t want to do it but I am going to have to. Since our wedding will be at 630 pm, and we want outdoor pictures, we really don’t have any option. I think it’s true that I’ll feel calmer after seeing Fiance but it would have been nice to do it during the ceremony. I know that my Fiance REALLY wanted it to be the traditional way! If you want to do it, do it. The pictures will be beautiful and no matter what anyone says, seeing each other as you walk down the aisle won’t be any less special!
Post # 8
We did a first look. It was great for many reasons –
1. It was our alone time.
2. It totally calmed our nerves before the wedding ceremony.
3. It allowed us to start pictures early so we could actually enjoy the reception.
Post # 9
@Terryal87: Great response! I also wanted to note we live in the same town!!! Did you get married in the Springs? Just curious because C-springs in the winter can get quite cold….
OP, totally up to you to. There are pros and cons to each, but whatever you two are comfortable with is all that matters.
FWIW, we are not doing a first look. We want to see each other for the first time when walking down the aisle. We are doing a “secret meeting” though before with a door as a separation so we can talk with each other just before the ceremony, but not actually see each other. I have seen some neat photos do this, like this one…
Post # 10
@xbrittfacee: Waaaah, I just went to that blog you posted and I’m crying.. I cannot wait!! No matter where the first look is, it’s going to be the best first look ever!! 😉
Post # 11
@bmo88: Yes! We got married in in COS. It’s where we met and currently live so it only seemed fitting. We’re about to move though and I’m pretty sad about it =( We were able to take all of our pics outside and they turned out amazing! It was pretty chilly but not too bad–thank goodness! Good luck to you =)