Post # 1
hey there! i just can’t decide if i want a first look or not. i have talked about it with my fiance and he said he would be fine either way. i originally did not want to because i wanted it to be traditional and have the first time be when i walked down the aisle. but….i have seen SO many cute first look photos. also, i won’t be able to kiss, hug, OR squeeze him if its during the ceremony. i would love all of your input and hear why or why not!
Post # 3
My hubby and I did a first look and it was wonderful!!! It was nice to have that moment together in “private” (well, our photographers were there but that was it). It made the rest of the day that much more relaxing. I would highly recommend it 🙂
Post # 4
I would do it because of the photographer and the money issue plus the relaxed atmosphere between the ceremony and reception as bissell said. BUT I can’t get over the feeling not having a moment walking down the aisle and seeing my almost husband’s face. I really want that wow moment as I walk down the aisle that I am afraid I will miss if I do a first look.
Post # 5
- Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden
We did a first look and I wouldn’t trade that moment for anything!
Post # 6
I posted about this a few days ago and Fiance and I have decided to do a first look. There are tons of bees on here who have done a first look and had amazing experiences. Most actually consider it their favorite part of the whole day!
Our specific reasons for doing a first look are:
- Anxiety – Seeing each other before walking down the aisle will calm both of our nerves.
- Timing – We’ll be able to get all the majority of our pictures out of the way before hand so we wont have to rush to fit them into the cocktail hour.
- Cocktail Hour – We are paying far too much money for our hor d’ouves to not enjoy them.
- Time Alone – This will give us a perfect opportunity to spend some much needed time alone on our wedding day. The rest of the day will be spent with 75 of our nearest and dearest. The day is about us, right? So we should be able to have atleast a few minutes to reflect on the day ahead. Of course our photographer will be with us, but he’ll need to capture all of those amazing moments between Fiance and I.
Post # 7
Having a first look was my favorite part of the day (literally!). We got wonderful pictures and I was so much more relaxed before ceremony. I loved having a little bit of time to spend just with my husband. Also, the day flew by so quickly; I was glad that added a little more time to our day by seeing each other.
Post # 8
I want the moment when he sees me down the aisle to be magical.
Post # 9
I can see pros and cons to both, but personally, I want him to see me for the first time right before we get married. I went to a wedding like that two weeks ago, and it was so magical. He was so emotional, and she looked like an angel, and ahhhh.. it was great. 🙂 haha
Post # 10
@greener11: We are doing it because:
- I want lots of time for photos, but I don’t want to make my guests wait for us while we take them after the ceremony.
- I don’t see how his first look before the ceremony is any less special than his first look during the ceremony. In my case, I know SO would be more emotional in private than he would infront of 100 people.
- I want that private moment with just us before we are surrounded the rest of the day by people.
- It works for us because we aren’t uber traditional.
- I’m sure it doesn’t ruin anything. Guests won’t know we did it, and for those 27 Dresses watching guests, they’ll be able to look at him and still see his face. It’s not like he’s going to be like “Well, this is lame. I’ve seen her before.” lol
Post # 11
yes because it will allow us to have more pictures with everyone else since we are not having a break between the ceremony and reception.
Post # 12
Yes – Why? The pictures!
It was one of my most favourite moments of the day and my FAVOURITE pictures!
Here is my recap of our first look if you want to see the pics.
Post # 13
I will not be doing a first look. I’ve spent all this time creating the “perfect outfit” and I want him to be wowed by it and see me for the first time as I walk down the aisle. I want him to no know what to expect he sees me in the church..
Post # 14
Well this seems like a very personal choice, but to be honest… I didn’t even know that “first looks” existed until I became a weddingbee fan! It’s not an option for me at all. I’m not very traditional, but I like the suspense and magic of the walk down the aisle. I can see where the first look has lots of advantages though… so again… a very personal decision.
Post # 15
It makes the day so much more relaxed if you do the first look! Also, its a time for you and you future hubby to connect and tell each other everything you have been feeling and how excited you are to see them. Plus most often the first look pictures turn out far more amazing than after the ceremony because you don’t feel rushed, you can enjoy the shoot and show far more emotion in your own element. Whatever you decide its your decision! Do what you want to do, I knew from day 1 of planning that this was def something I was going to be doing, when I talked to my photographer she was shocked that I the bride was all for it. Go with your heart!
Post # 16
We didn’t have a first look because we wanted to keep it traditional, among other reasons. My husband didn’t want to do the first look and I didn’t try to convince him! Everything was planned well and we felt very relaxed for pictures after the ceremony – it was special for us to have our portraits done as husband and wife. You can tell how excited we were to finally be married from our pictures and that was really important to us.